Action Thread 10

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 10

#81 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay pipes up, "Let's press on, there has to be more in there, let's go get them."

Eljay climbs the stairs and proceeds down the hallway.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by saalaria »

Dredd returns to the fold:
"there is no one behind us so the way out is clear."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will remain on guard by the door, shepherding the slaves down the stairs. What does he see beyond, another room or a corridor? Kayen will listen carefully for the sound of any approaching footsteps and the orcs returning reinforced.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:59 a

The Slave Pits

I've modified the Marching Order somewhat based on the actions mentioned, please see the map and below.
Also a reminder Blodgett and Phanstern are still invisible for the time being, they are highlighted in yellow.

Eljay quickly runs up the steps to peek out, as everyone rejoins the party and forms into their marching order.

As Delgath returns to the fold, he grabs a lit torch out of a sconce to help. The ex-slaves start looting the orcs and guards for clothes, weapons and armor to protect themselves. Though they don't seem to want to leave the room.

Looking down the hallway where the orcs ran you can see that it's a long hallway and is unlit. It is 5' wide and dark, but ends in a brightly lit room about 65 feet from the top of the stairs. It's quiet. As Ogre can tell you the orcs ran down the hall yelling for their lives. But now there's no movement and no noise for the length of the hallway or coming out of the room.

I'm going to get myself back on a regular posting schedule, probably Tuesday and Friday, but considering the mess my irregular posting has caused, I figure we can NPC (by party consensus) Blodgett until we are straight, and then advertise for someone else.

HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Kayen, Ogre, Eljayess, Elwita, Blodgett, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

Freda looks at the nearest slave and asks, "What is down the hallway at the top of the stairs? More slavers? More slaves? Quick! We need information!"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by rredmond »

The cages.. the pits, says one of the folks now getting dressed.
The bug people, with all their weapons, says a female with fear and disgust on her face.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:The cages.. the pits, says one of the folks now getting dressed.
The bug people, with all their weapons, says a female with fear and disgust on her face.
"Bugger..." Freda mutters, remembering how poorly they fared against the bug people before. "Any more slaves?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by rredmond »

Yes, down in the cage pits.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by saalaria »

"Wouldn't it be wise to send one of the invisible folk to check things out before we all set off into the mouth of the dragon?"

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will edge forward to the end of the corridor unless the invisibles Blodg and Phan want to go on ahead. He will have his sword and shield raised ready for action.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 12:09 p

The Slave Pits

Marching Order is below.
Also a reminder Blodgett and Phanstern are still invisible for the time being.

The party hears an invisible hobbit sigh. Blodgett whispers I'll head down to the end of the passage and see what's up.

It's quiet as the party waits. Blodgett comes back, announcing his invisible arrival, and through drawing maps on the dirty ground and explaining what he saw this is what he tells the party:
Coming down the passage I first came upon a small side room. In that room was an insect man, he was a big one, in two "hands" he carried a two handed sword, the other two "hands" held shields, and he wore two belts that cross his thorax. It and 6 orcs are standing ready to jump out at any one coming down the hallway. They are expecting us I guess. There is a bunch of levers on the east wall, and a slit, like a long murder hole, at eye level, I guess for looking out at the pits. There's a door on the east wall. I crept past them and peeked into the large room at the end of the hall. The room is large and high ceilinged. Two pillars, maybe 5 feet in diameter, reach the whole height about 20 feet from ceiling to floor. Then there's this grid of 10 feet square traps doors, they line the whole floor as you can see from my map. They are all hanging open, forming a grid of half-foot wide beams between them. Fifteen feet below that flow are these caged pits. They are 10 feet square and separated from each other by iron bars that go from the floor of the pit to the trap door ceilings. There's an exit on the other side of the room. The pits all appear to be empty, and it was quiet in that room. So I hightailed it back here to let everyone know what I found.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (120.5 KiB) Viewed 763 times
[/b]HPs: Ogre (1) - 45/45; Elwita (1) - 32/50; Delgath (6) - 25/25; Blodgett (3) - 10/20 ; Freda (-5) - 29/40; Phanstern (2) - 25/25; Eljayess (1) - 17/25; Kayen (2) - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Elwita Hammer (heavy xbow): Staff; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Kayen, Ogre, Eljayess, Elwita, Blodgett, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Invisibility potion: 2 doses left.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#93 Post by Alethan »

Freda quietly asks, "So you didn't see any other prisoners?"

She turns to the rest of the party, "Do we even need to go down there?"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by rredmond »

Looked empty to me, Blodgett shrugs.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by saalaria »

"I think our mission is complete. I vote for a return to the surface." the mage looks pleased.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Stirling »

Kayen,"I'm wanting to still press forward and destroy these evil minions and ant creatures. If those pits are empty then we must carry on further to rescue more slaves....might be we end up in the pits below and get sold to the next highest bidder or worse. How much for my elven hide, (slapping his athletic torso), ...reluctantly I say get ourselves and these slaves free of the city, fortune has smiled on them and us today, back to the boat with that new slaver info and a drink to remember our poor cleric friend"

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by Nuke66 »

"Agreed my elven friend, we are not done here. There are more foes to remove so that the threat of the slavers is eliminated. Blodgett. cna you go down the hall and set up to 'surprise' our friend? I will go down and draw them out, then Phanstern, hit 'em with that spell of yours?" Eljay looks around, seeking some agreement. "Sound like a plan?"

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by max_vale »

Ogre is a little torn; on the one hand he is certainly eager to get back to slicing up bad guys and freeing slaves; but on the other hand he remembers that the Bug people let them go earlier. He scratched his head as the wheels in his head turned ponderously.

"Um....I'm all for slicing up orcs and bad people who take slaves....but remembering from earlier in the tunnels; I think the bug-people just live here the slavers just toss 'em some food or something to keep them happy. I don't think they gots anything to do with the taking of people.....but then; I'm not the smartest guy around. Also; what are we gonna do about the slaves we already set free? I don't think we should leave 'em alone in this place."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by saalaria »

"So perhaps its time for a vote? All those who want to press on say aye. I believe we have rescued all the slaves so we should return."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by tkrexx »

The party hears Phanstern's voice as if from faaaaar, far away...
Indeed, I could try to blind the large Bugman, and failing in that, keep it busy in other ways until it is ripe for an invisible backstab.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”