Action Thread 19

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 19

#41 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Till continues pulling on his shiny new dagger until it is clear of the mud. He will then retrieve the sheath using the same technique...
After but a few minutes this task is easily accomplished.
It's about 5 minutes past 2pm and you have an unsheathed dagger (with what really really looks like a beautiful red ruby inset on the hilt) and a really nice sheath. The sheath has a fire pattern etched onto it, the hilt has an exact same design of fire etched on it.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

After washing the mud from the dagger and sheath, Till examines it more closely by the light of the ever-glowing lantern, looking for any kind of runes or writing. "It sure seems to have something to do with flames, doesn't it? Maybe it is one of those weapons that projects fire along its blade upon command?"

He holds the dagger out, grasping it by the hilt and pointing it away from everyone else and says, "Fire!" "Burn!" "Torch!"

"Ummm... Flame on!"

If none of those work, then he just tries to THINK the flames into appearing on the blade.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by rredmond »

As soon as Till grasps the dagger and sheath, the dagger bursts into flames all along it's blade!
It sheds warm light in a 40' radius and doesn't harm Till, though the blade looks obviously hot.
Both putting it in the sheath seems to put it out, as well as willing it to go out puts it out.
Taking it back out of it's sheath, it is out, but then at a thought, Till puts it back to flaming. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by rredmond »

Now I'm headed home. :)
Figured I'd give you more information than you asked considering I'll be AFK probably for the rest of the night.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:As soon as Till grasps the dagger and sheath, the dagger bursts into flames all along it's blade!
It sheds warm light in a 40' radius and doesn't harm Till, though the blade looks obviously hot.
Both putting it in the sheath seems to put it out, as well as willing it to go out puts it out.
Taking it back out of it's sheath, it is out, but then at a thought, Till puts it back to flaming. :)

Sweeeeet.

Although, Till will continue to say, "Flame on!" when activating the dagger from now on, unless he's trying to backstab someone...

(Oh, er... anyone else mind if Till keeps the dagger? :D )

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Argennian »

Yosef keeps as attentive an elf eye on the southern passage leading past the next chamber and further into the lair as he can between curious glances back to watch Till's progress as he works to get the dagger free from the pile of mud.

He can't help raising both eyebrows and letting a broad smile slip when the halfling rogue gets it to flame up magically. "Indeed! A most worthy find, it would seem. I wonder what else may be stuck in the mud down here..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#47 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard watches intently as Till plays with his new fire toy. He then says While the blade will not catch you on fire, lets see if it will burn anything else. This might come in handy when mixed with our throwing oils.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by Alethan »

"Good idea, Bruard," Till says with a nod. He looks through the trash for anything flammable - a bit of cloth or some such thing. He pulls it out to the middle of the floor where it can't burn anything else and lights up the dagger and touches it to the flammable object to see if it burns.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon ambles over to where Till stands and produces the large magical ring with unknown properties, but was at least suspected to have something to do with fire. "Maybe they work together?" she asks the halfling, holding the ring out for Till to examine more closely.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:Jeloon ambles over to where Till stands and produces the large magical ring with unknown properties, but was at least suspected to have something to do with fire. "Maybe they work together?" she asks the halfling, holding the ring out for Till to examine more closely.
Till shrugs and says, "Hmmm... Well, I could give them a try." He picks up the large ring and puts it on (opposite hand as his other ring). Then he lights up the dagger to see if anything else happens.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

Unfortunately nothing seems to happen.

Sorry guys, I can update more tomorrow. Been quite a work week. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:"Good idea, Bruard," Till says with a nod. He looks through the trash for anything flammable - a bit of cloth or some such thing. He pulls it out to the middle of the floor where it can't burn anything else and lights up the dagger and touches it to the flammable object to see if it burns.
The bit of cloth does flame up. It's not crazy hot, but it's definitely enough to burn, and will likely add damage to any successful strike!

What's next?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by Alethan »

"What else did we overlook down here?" Till wonders aloud. "And why was this thing stuck in the mud like this? Was it supposed to be some sort of trap? I can't imagine the rat king didn't know about it..."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#54 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard flips the visor of his special helmet down, speaks the magic word, and scans the room for hidden traps, doors, etc. I seem to vaguely remember doing this before, but if not, maybe the magics of this helm will reveal unseen doors.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by rredmond »

Day 20 – Checking out the Wererat's temple – 2:05p

Knowing that he's checked all of the caverns out before, Bruard uses his helm to scan the room. There seems to be nothing amiss or hidden in the room.

:)

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Argennian »

"Since we are already here and still have some time to wait before that raiding party leaves the other slice, we might as well be thorough in our scrutinizing of every chamber, friends. The only one that gives me pause is the one that smells foul. I shudder to think of what may be lurking within that room of rotting detrius!" Yosef opines, looking to the others for their thoughts on the matter.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by rredmond »

Day 20 – Checking out the Wererat's temple – 6:05p

You check out all the rooms, except for the smashed up china/utensils room as it seems too dangerous and moving stuff around seems too dangerous in the sharp shards.
But other than the alcohol bottle room, there doesn't seem to be anything left in the wererat's domain.

:)

HPs: Jeloon - 29/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 10/10; Bruard - 19/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Argennian »

Yosef would look to bring out at least four of those flammable alcohol bottles.

The elf figures they can possibly be applied when we make our assault on the goblin slice.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

Till agrees with Yosef and will likewise carry out four of the flasks of flammable alcohol. He suggests Bruard and Jeloon do the same.

"Anything else we want to do down here? Or should we head back up and begin planning how we want to fight the goblins?"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#60 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard also takes four of the flammable bottles. I don't think there is much else down here for us, so maybe we ought to leave.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”