Action Thread 11

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 11

#41 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:If there is room, the Ranger will also send his spear lancing toward the awful bug.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4

I hope there's not enough room.
Lol...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Zhym »

If Wulfgard can get a Bless in before the combat starts, he'll cast it. Otherwise, he'll hang back and stay out of the way of people who are actually good at combat.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Argennian »

Hearing Odo's call from just behind him, Zafalia will move up quickly to see for herself, and prepare to cast her speak with animals spell on one of the rats there...

"We are here to help! Don't bite us!"

OOC: Ron, not sure how many rats there are, or if it's possible to tell if one among them is not yet injured and unengaged, but Zaf doesn't want to waste her spell.

If it looks like there's one that fits the bill, she'll cast. If there isn't, she'll move to attack the centipede with her spear from the second rank.

Oh btw, the centipede: small/medium or large sized??
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:02 p
Round 1

The party rushes into action! The ranger curses the darkness, and lights up a torch.
Al'Zur surprised at the worm turning strikes out with his sword but is unable to connect.
Odo pops out of the shadows to attack, but can't get through the things chitinous exoskeleton.
As the druidess starts a spell, the cleric moves in landing a hit on the creature, causing it to squirm.
Then the big warrior slashes at it with his sword, finishing it off.

The four rats seem to stand transfixed, looking at the druidess as she finishes her casting and starts to speak to them. They are shakey, possibly from the fight, but aren't attacking you.

PM to Argennian!

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by tkrexx »

Lack of light source, that's my excuse.

The Ranger, realizing he's fighting blind, backs up and fires up a torch.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Distorted Humor »

out of the shadows comes Odo with sword in hand, attacking the centipede as a backstab attempt.

[1d20] = 9

[1d6] = 2

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia will look to cast her speak with animals spell on one of the rats when able.

"We are here to help! Don't bite us!"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by saalaria »

The big man takes a swipe at the insect:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 Dam [1d8+5] = 3+5 = 8

Hopefully decapitating it!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Zhym »

If Wulfgard can find an open spot along the side of the centipede, he will attempt to smite the overlarge insect with his mace.

Mace (THAC0 20): [1d20] = 15, Damage: [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:02 p
Round 1

Crap. I edited the post above. I was wondering where this post was. Ah well.

The party rushes into action! The ranger curses the darkness, and lights up a torch.
Al'Zur surprised at the worm turning strikes out with his sword but is unable to connect.
Odo pops out of the shadows to attack, but can't get through the things chitinous exoskeleton.
As the druidess starts a spell, the cleric moves in landing a hit on the creature, causing it to squirm.
Then the big warrior slashes at it with his sword, finishing it off.

The four rats seem to stand transfixed, looking at the druidess as she finishes her casting and starts to speak to them. They are shakey, possibly from the fight, but aren't attacking you.

PM to Argennian!

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo screams "Did you eat Rake??!

[1d20] = 15
[1d6] = 1

(Odo is near useless...even when he hits.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by Alethan »

Distorted Humor wrote:Odo screams "Did you eat Rake??!

[1d20] = 15
[1d6] = 1

??? Who are you attacking?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia completes her spell and leans down slowly. "You say there are spiders coming? Do not be frightened, Sera! We will protect you from the spiders," she details, looking up at the others and pointing to the east down the passage the party just came from. Her visage and manner indicates urgency to be ready for trouble coming that way.

The little hobbit druidess then turns and makes a flourish of her hand to capture the rats' attention again. "Do not attack me or my friends. We will protect you, Sera. Will you answer unto me then? Will you do as I bid?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by saalaria »

At the news of another threat, Varkos turns to the passage indicated and moves closer, standing slightly to the side so any missile attacks could be made.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by rredmond »

Just to double check, everyone has moved out of the Shambling Mound room and are in the area of the fish mincer?
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (11.97 KiB) Viewed 811 times

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Zhym »

Wulfgard takes holy symbol in hand and sprinkles holy water. "Grant these allies thy blessings in the coming battle," he prays. "Guide their weapons that they might smite their enemies."
IOW, Wulfgard casts bless.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Just to double check, everyone has moved out of the Shambling Mound room and are in the area of the fish mincer?
Picture1.gif
Yeah, think so.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by Distorted Humor »

Alethan wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:Odo screams "Did you eat Rake??!

[1d20] = 15
[1d6] = 1

??? Who are you attacking?

(OOC Missed that line about the critter dying. :shock: :o :lol: :roll:)

Odo takes the rage of his missing friend to the body of the critter, then calms and wipes his sword and blushes and keeps a lokout.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”