Action Thread 11

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 11

#21 Post by saalaria »

Varkos wearily deposits his pack on the floor and then drops to sleep instantly, the days action having taken its toil of him. He doesn't snore, in fact in seems just like a log...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:00 p

Odo surprises everyone with his return. More surprising as he is without Rake.

The ranger questions the Halfling as to his whereabouts.

Everyone settles in for a rest, Varkos rather heavily. With the fish masher continuing its duty down the stream, it is otherwise quiet.

The cleric and druid talk about spells to pray for.

It’s all quiet until just about the 5th hour. Just as the casters have finished their spell preparations (all spells are good to go) that’s when the ears of the ranger prick up. He quiets everyone so that they can hear the squeak of rats at the masher. But before anyone gets a real good listen, the rats squeaks get higher pitched as if they are fighting each other!

I’ll post a quick overview map for you all. Actions?
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (29.38 KiB) Viewed 797 times
[/b]HPs: Varkos - 7/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 14/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-1/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-1/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zhym »

"Masher?" Is this something the party encountered before I took over Wulfgard?

Wulfgard quickly heals Varkos...

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 2

...twice, if he has time.

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8] = 7

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by Alethan »

Zhym wrote:"Masher?" Is this something the party encountered before I took over Wulfgard?
It's a fish mincer. Or something like that. Our diminutive druid did a speak with animals spell and chatted with the rats; that's how we know what's there. I don't know if any of us has actually ever seen it...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by rredmond »

I believe some of the group came up to it. Even so, you did walk by it to your current location so a rehash. At this point the river’s flow turns a small wooden waterwheel. The wheel is attached by a couple of direction-changing gears to a large wooden box at the river’s edge. At the top of the box, there is a funnel, and at the bottom there is a spout positioned to allow a container to be placed underneath. A clicking and creaking noise comes from inside the box. I think the rats told you what it does. Remnants of fish guts out of the bottom also explain the tale. Fish go in the top, mush comes out of the bottom.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo hears the rats, and takes out his sword "Shall I take the lead and investigate? "

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by saalaria »

"Thanks friend Wulfgard, I was sore in need of that." VArkos rubs his aching limbs but does feel a new vitality flow through him.

Ron I'm taking the two CLWs - let me know if incorrect

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by rredmond »

saalaria wrote: Ron I'm taking the two CLWs - let me know if incorrect
Oh yeah for sure.
I'll update in next action post.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by tkrexx »

Have a care, the Ranger advises. I'll follow, but as of now I won't be much use save for backup.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo goes to hide in shadows, and move ahead to see whats going on at the noise.....being discreet so he can run back to report back.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#31 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar picks up her rope-like staff and shoulders her pack, ready to follow Odo.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Argennian »

As soon as the alert goes out, Zafalia moves over and casts her first cure lights wounds spell on Son of Thunder...

Cure Light Wounds spell [1d8] = 5

She then grabs up her spear and shield and joins the others at the entrance.
Distorted Humor wrote:Odo hears the rats, and takes out his sword "Shall I take the lead and investigate?"
Zaf nods and whispers. "I'll go with you, Odo. I have a speak with animals spell ready and would like an update from those rats!"

The diminutive halfling druidess will fall in behind her thiefly kin-cousin and creep up to see what's what at the fish-mincer.

OOC: new spell roster updated, Ron. (Same 4 1st lvl spells and 3 CLW for her 2nd lvl ones.)

Marking off 1st CLW from roster.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by saalaria »

Varkos let's the two scouts get a ways ahead before leading the team out.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 12:01 p

As folks cast their curative spells (2 from Wulfgar and 1 from Zafalia) and Odo preps to go out, the noise gets louder. For once there is a battle going on, and you all aren't the center of it! The halfling sticks his head out of the entranceway, attempting to remain in the shadows.

PM headed out to Odo

As Odo heads out into the hallway, it is at this point that Ilhalevar's staff snaps to rigidness.

HPs: Varkos - 16/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 5/7; SoT - 19/25; Wulfgard - 10/12; Zafalia - 11/11
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield;
MO (10’): Zafalia; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 20 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius OUT.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/1; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-2/4; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar jumps as her quarterstaff indicates it is ready for a fight and mumbles, "that's never going to stop surprising me, I'm pretty sure..."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by Distorted Humor »

[1d6] = 5

Odo shouts back to his comrades over the din of the mincer.

"Centipede attacking the rats."

as Odo tries to leap to darkness....

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by saalaria »

Varkos moves up to help the druidess/rats

If he can get an attack in on the centipede he tries:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 4+3 = 7 Dam [1d8+5] = 5+5 = 10

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by tkrexx »

If there is room, the Ranger will also send his spear lancing toward the awful bug.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 1+3 = 4

I hope there's not enough room.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”