The adventure begins

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The adventure begins

#1261 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome rushes over as quickly as he can and sees the angry mob forming. "What's going on?! I didn't see any demons coming from the cave's direction.... *pant* We rest for a day and this is what happens?" Ruken appears very distraught about the current situation, unknowlingly letting this fire slide by his watch.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#1262 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven not being a good public speaker gives roland and his wife all of his money and departs to the direction of the caves a very stern and angered look in his eyes and a new determination. He lights a torch and begins looking for Ruk and says to those around him "We leave now, this ends now."

money to Rufus was 20gp and 7sp already removed from my sheet.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#1263 Post by Todd Spengo »

Letholdus dons his armor. To the mob, he says, "You are angry. You think that we have brought down a doom upon you. Let me tell you: that doom was already here. Do any of you deny it? How many times more could you have appeased your masters with your meager harvests? Once? Twice? What then? When they finally demand too much? Would you meekly follow them to their cave? We have been there. We have seen the bodies of men butchered as you would a mutton for a feast-day.

"If you believe that behaving as obedient chattel will save you that fate, you are mistaken. You would say that you did not ask for our aid. Yet you would take the salvation should we succeed. Such things are never without costs. My friends have already paid. I am sorry for the house. Do not forget who burnt it. Do not forget who starves you, who steals the fruits of your labors, who devours your very bodies and souls. Do not forget, you who would raise your voices against those who would help you to defend that which seeks to destroy you utterly.
"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1264 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome is definitely not a public speaker in situations like these. He is glad that Letholdus was able to find the right words at the right time, and even more glad that Joven pulled him away towards the cave; Ruken may have said the wrong things to the already angry people and escalated the situation further!

As the gnome tries his best to keep up with Joven, he meets his glance and answers in same. There is no longer any time for jokes or rest, the rest of the day and probably the next will be work work work.... he just hopes that he does not work himself to death.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#1265 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven while walking with Ruk "Don't worry fiend Ruk I will defend your life as I would my own. I won't let them kill you if I have to carry you all the way back to safety again I will do so fighting the things off until my last breath. But these people need saving so it's either they run us out of town or we get to going before they can."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1266 Post by wolfpack »

Todd Spengo wrote:Letholdus dons his armor. To the mob, he says, "You are angry. You think that we have brought down a doom upon you. Let me tell you: that doom was already here. Do any of you deny it? How many times more could you have appeased your masters with your meager harvests? Once? Twice? What then? When they finally demand too much? Would you meekly follow them to their cave? We have been there. We have seen the bodies of men butchered as you would a mutton for a feast-day.

"If you believe that behaving as obedient chattel will save you that fate, you are mistaken. You would say that you did not ask for our aid. Yet you would take the salvation should we succeed. Such things are never without costs. My friends have already paid. I am sorry for the house. Do not forget who burnt it. Do not forget who starves you, who steals the fruits of your labors, who devours your very bodies and souls. Do not forget, you who would raise your voices against those who would help you to defend that which seeks to destroy you utterly.
"
Roll d100 add your reaction adjustment!

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#1267 Post by Todd Spengo »

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1268 Post by wolfpack »

After letholdus's speech the crowd which was boiling over calms down some, and seem to be devided amongst themselves.

He's right the devils have been taking and taking eventually they would come for us anyway when we had no more tribute

maybe but maybe not we could find some way to appease them

we could have at least left before they came if we knew we had no tribute, now they will strike in the night because they made them angry

They are risking their lives to save us, look at the one his face was magled

Rufus declines Jovans money and after Letholdus's speech steps forward.

My fellow Stallingtonites these men have offered to help us out of goodness, they have asked nothing in return from us. The holy warrior is right how long can we go on if the devils are not destroyed?

You Earnest your crops are barren and you have no seed to replant nor money left to buy any.

You Yosef your pigs have almost all been slaughtered and you do not have the feed to raise anymore.

If the devil is not stopped Stallington is as good as a ghost town anyway.

And who of you is risking more than I or paid a higher price? My home is the one who was burnt down and even more it is my only son who is guiding them, who was nearly ravaged by a wolf.

They have my support as they should have all of ours

After Rufus's speech the crowd calms down a bit more and begins to disperse.

Rufus sadly walks over to you.

You have my support, I only hope you are successful or we will lose more than homes I am afraid.

Roland comes over having salvaged a set of clothes from the remains of the home.

I lost my knife in the fire he says sadly

But I am ready to go.

GreyWolfVT

#1269 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm pretty sure Joven and Ruk were already leaving while that was happening.

Joven will await the rest of the party just outside of the town near where Ruk was standing guard.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1270 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn grips tightly his trusty staff and readies himself for the next foray into the Caverns.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1271 Post by wolfpack »

with roland leaving the way the party sets out with the moon high in the sky.

I think we should place camp somewhere different. I know where there is a rocky overhang that can work as shelter, it is about an additional mile from our old camp.

You arrive at the new camp site an hour after sunrise.

GreyWolfVT

#1272 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "It is a good spot Roland, good location." Jovan gives Roland a nod of approval and a half smile.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#1273 Post by Todd Spengo »

Letholdus hands Roland his dagger. "I am sorry you lost your knife. I know this is not it's equal but perhaps it will serve you well until you find a worthy replacement."

GreyWolfVT

#1274 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "Yes I was going to give you a knife but I don't carry any. I could offer you one of my lucky hand axes if you would like?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1275 Post by wolfpack »

No thank you, the dagger will work fine. I need it to dress and prepare game.

GreyWolfVT

#1276 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Alright. Well Roland if you need anything else to defend yourself with when we are gone just let us know." Joven then turns back to the group and says "I think we need a plan to take these things down even though they have the territory advantage and we do not. You guys want to rig up some more of those flask oil fire bombs like we used once already? Or do you have any better ideas?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1277 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn eyes Roland and asks him "Roland - pray tell me how the fire started?"

GreyWolfVT

#1278 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Oralorn he was a asleep I doubt he knows. We all were asleep except Ruk he was out on guard duty."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1279 Post by wolfpack »

Roland nods

I awoke to smoke. Then when outside started carrying buckets, then we left. I never had any chance to search around for any clue.

GreyWolfVT

#1280 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"To be honest I don't think we would have had much chance to investigate with the angry mob about. But then again I didn't expect we had a public speaker among us either." Joven looks to Letholdus.

Return to “Kingdoms and Dungeon Crawls”