The adventure begins

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The adventure begins

#1221 Post by wolfpack »

As you eat breakfast Roland and his father Rufus arrive.

Rufus takes a seat as Roland goes to the bar and talks to the innkeeps daughter.

My son has told me of what you have faced.

he looks at ruk and oralorn in particular

I am sorry to hear of your injuries. The town is very worried.

They think you may have stirred up the demon and now even the tribute will not keep it and it's minions frm razing the town

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#1222 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "Well good sir, Rufus was it? I am Joven a man of the woods and I will not let that happen while I still draw breath. I owe these two and the rest of the group my life. But I will not stand to see goodly folk terrorized be evil demon/devil humanoids. Though I suspect that are not what we think they are. Your son is a good young man and I think you have done well he has helped us a lot. I owe you my thanks for having him help us all." Joven greets rufus with a handshake and sits back down after talking he nods his head in approval for how Rufus has done with his son Roland.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1223 Post by Rukellian »

wolfpack wrote:As you eat breakfast Roland and his father Rufus arrive.

Rufus takes a seat as Roland goes to the bar and talks to the innkeeps daughter.

My son has told me of what you have faced.

he looks at ruk and oralorn in particular

I am sorry to hear of your injuries. The town is very worried.

They think you may have stirred up the demon and now even the tribute will not keep it and it's minions frm razing the town
"We will not stop half way and abandon your people, we will see this through to the end, I am sure of it. I suspect we will be leaving soon to finish our ordeal in the caves and with that you all can rest a bit easier." Even after having a morning meal, the gnome stomach still growls a little growl. The gnome covers his stomach with embarrassment as he looks to Rufus. "That reminds me.... while we were in the cave, we happened upon a whole bunch of supplies stored away. Foodstuffs and other items that were taken from merchants I think, and perhaps your town? I would at least like to see some of those supplies go back into your people's hands after we finish cleaning up the cave and surrounding grove."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#1224 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rukellian wrote:"We will not stop half way and abandon your people, we will see this through to the end, I am sure of it. I suspect we will be leaving soon to finish our ordeal in the caves and with that you all can rest a bit easier." Even after having a morning meal, the gnome stomach still growls a little growl. The gnome covers his stomach with embarrassment as he looks to Rufus. "That reminds me.... while we were in the cave, we happened upon a whole bunch of supplies stored away. Foodstuffs and other items that were taken from merchants I think, and perhaps your town? I would at least like to see some of those supplies go back into your people's hands after we finish cleaning up the cave and surrounding grove."
Joven "Ah yes that does sound as if it would be very helping to the town and it's people, perhaps when we clear the place some wagons or carts could be sent to the caves to gather the supplies." Joven nods as Ruk speaks and smiles while adding in his 2 coppers worth of advice.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1225 Post by wolfpack »

Rufus perks up at the mention of the supplies.

The town could use it oh so badly, but no on will go near the caves until they arte certain it is no longer a threat.

I would be honored if your group were to come stay at my home tonight before you leave back to the caves. I have several extra rooms and even though it is not much more I can offer a little fresher food.

GreyWolfVT

#1226 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "I think that would be most delightful though I wounder if we stay here another night if the townsfolk will think we have given up on the task at hand. I'd not want to stir up more trouble."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1227 Post by wolfpack »

I can handle everyone for 1 more night if you were to depart in the morning. You all need to be at full strength.

GreyWolfVT

#1228 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "truer words could not have been spoken. What do you guys think? restock and one more night in town then off to the caves?" Joven asks all of his new friends.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#1229 Post by Todd Spengo »

Letholdus says, "One more night would be most welcome to my weary bones."

He uses his daily lay-on-hands on himself.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1230 Post by ravenn4544 »

Oralorn agrees to the much needed extra day to bring everyone to full health before returning to the caverns.

He will study his spells to recover 2 magic missiles.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1231 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken still feels a bit uneasy though about what Rufus said. The chance for a retaliatory demon attack is high and the gnome does not want to put the town in direct danger. "I'd actually feel a little better if I helped keep watch of the town while everyone else rests." Ruken says with a serious look on this face. "Though I hate to admit it, we cannot rule out the possibility of the demons in that cave attacking the town out of retaliation. It would put my mind at ease to know that at least one person is keeping watch, even if it is just me." He then looks to Oralorn and Joven. "You two seemed to be doing as well as I right now. Would you be willing to help me out with this?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#1232 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "You know Ruk you will have to stop doing this that is yet another great idea today and once again I find I am agreeing with you my friend. I'll gladly help the guard with a watch shift tonight or during the day either is fine with me anything to help out. then he winks to Ruk and begins to chuckle a little.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1233 Post by wolfpack »

need to know if greg is going to do more healing, also if you want to stand watch where will you stand watch instead of stay with rufus, what time frame, give me details.

GreyWolfVT

#1234 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think we can all split guard shifts with the town guard is what Ruk meant. Folks that can see at night would be better doing a night watch while us humans should take daylight shifts. Joven will restock what he can in town providing any shops have much to buy.

Items Joven is looking for:
1-2 Flasks of Lamp Oil
1 weeks dry or iron rations
1 Medium or small shield

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1235 Post by wolfpack »

there is no town guard. This is a small hamlet with just a single sheriff.

rufus gives you the oil and a small shield from his store, he also gives you some dry rations. the town doesn't have the more advanced iron rations.

GreyWolfVT

#1236 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright we will be the contemporary town guard then.... :roll: Joven "Thanks Rufus!"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1237 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I think we can all split guard shifts with the town guard is what Ruk meant. Folks that can see at night would be better doing a night watch while us humans should take daylight shifts.
This was more or less what I was thinking of. Ruken will probably take a night watch, choosing to stay outside instead of inside Rufus' house. Ruken will probably go to sleep early so that he is alert when it comes to his watch shift, maybe watching for the whole night if needed. His post will be mainly the direction facing the forest where the cave is, just on the outskirts of town, within running distance of someone to sound an alarm if need be.

Looking at the map from the first page in this thread, I see a whole bunch of numbers but no building names, nor the postion of where the cave is, directionally speaking. If I can get that clarified, I can specify even further where the gnome will be situated.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1238 Post by wolfpack »

1. Travelers Lodge – owner Sam Gramble

2. Travlers Stables – Crispen Holis stable hand

3. Rongo Shrine - empty

4. Healers shop – Gerty Branberry nursemaid, healer, mid-wife

5. Lamens genral supplies – Randle lamen owner

6. Gormen black smith – Gormen Wallace black smith

7. Council meeting place

that is the key

the cave is an 8 hour journey south from building 4 the healers shop

GreyWolfVT

#1239 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven will take a morning shift near building 4 where it would most likely be a fist sighting of the devils/demons.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1240 Post by Rukellian »

To be more specific then, in light of this information, Ruken will be guarding the southern path behind the healer's building, #4 on the map, facing the cave's direction. He will still be on the outskirts of the town, but still close enough to run back and warn the people if something is found advancing.

Ruken will explain to the group how he will try and keep watch for the whole night, and where he will be. In order to accomplish that, the gnome will go to bed early so that he will be alert for his watch.

Return to “Kingdoms and Dungeon Crawls”