Welcome to Autumndale

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Welcome to Autumndale

#281 Post by Alethan »

"Arrghh..." Cilian growls as he puts his hands to his ears. He closes his eyes, as if listening to something far away.

Finally, he removes the pendant and stows it away in a belt pouch.

When that is done, he tells the others, "When I reached the top, I heard the pendant speak again, but it wasn't directions. It said, 'ALL HAIL MICTLANTECUHTLI, ALL HAIL THE LORD OF UNDERREALM, ALL HAIL HE WHO WALKS IN THE SHADOWS, HIS TIME WILL ARRIVE, ALL HAIL DEATH!' I hope we're not climbing down to OUR death..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#282 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Well now that is not news I wanted to hear....Why don't we just cast the damned thing into the hole and be done with this?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote: "When I reached the top, I heard the pendant speak again, but it wasn't directions. It said, 'ALL HAIL MICTLANTECUHTLI, ALL HAIL THE LORD OF UNDERREALM, ALL HAIL HE WHO WALKS IN THE SHADOWS, HIS TIME WILL ARRIVE, ALL HAIL DEATH!' I hope we're not climbing down to OUR death..."
Fan freakin' tastic, says Tub quietly and somewhat anxious, storms, mongers, death.... this is great.
GreyWolfVT wrote:"Well now that is not news I wanted to hear....Why don't we just cast the damned thing into the hole and be done with this?"
Wait, what? No, he responds a bit panicky now, there might be treasure, all the crap we went through, I want to get paid.

Tub takes the extra rope, and starts tying it to the spiked rope.

Of course if we go down there we have no more rope. Unless we loop this one around the spike to snap it off when we are at the bottom. Then Tub will have to climb, with the rope, to get us out, no quick and easy exit.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

GreyWolfVT

#284 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ah yes Tub you and your greed will get us all killed one day" :lol: Scyth chuckles. "Well now once more into the breach I suppose."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#285 Post by Alethan »

GreyWolfVT wrote:"Well now that is not news I wanted to hear....Why don't we just cast the damned thing into the hole and be done with this?"

"We didn't walk all this way to find the temple just to throw the stupid pendant into it," Cilian says, looking at Scyth. "And we didn't come here looking for treasure," he adds, switching his gaze to Tubs, "though I must admit I'm interested to see what kinds of artifacts we might find within..."

"We came here to find out what's attacking our village and figure out a way to stop it."

OOC: Apparently Cilian is starting to feel an urge to collect magical power? Possibly something that happens to all mages...

GreyWolfVT

#286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scyth feeling a bit ashamed of himself says "Yes I know but going to a almost promised or certain demise is not something I'm willing to go through, but if I must I must."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by wolfpack »

If the plan is to go down, how do you go about doing it?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:...
"We came here to find out what's attacking our village and figure out a way to stop it."
Yeah, yeah, that too, Tub says, waving off Cil's admonitions and tying the two 50' ropes together.
wolfpack wrote:If the plan is to go down, how do you go about doing it?
Tubedee tests the strength of the knot, and tosses the rope down the volcano like hole.
Waa-lah! I'll go first to test the strength of the rope post knot if everyone would like.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

GreyWolfVT

#289 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Be my guest Tub."

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#290 Post by Stonjuz »

Think there be further need of the amulet? Why bring it down?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#291 Post by Alethan »

Stonjuz wrote:Think there be further need of the amulet? Why bring it down?
"I've no idea, so... That's why we should probably bring it down. We might need it to open a gate or portal," Cilian replies after a moment's thought.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Argennian »

Sharing Tub's skeptical optimism for treasure but more concerned with Cilian's reminder and he and all his childhood buddies simply living through the ordeal, Viktor moves over to help Tub with the rope. He recommends that his guild brother tie it around his waist and free climb down.

"... we all know your the best climber here but it's just 'n case, kay Tub? You know this wonderful Deathmonger business be a dangerous one. And this time? We're goin in their house. Best we be prepared for a trap or something waiting down there or freakin whatever!

"We'll feed you slack and keep quiet up here while you take a listen 'n looksee, okay? Anything ugly happens, we can at least haul ya back up. Once ya see it's safe, give us the signal and we'll climb down..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#293 Post by zebediah »

Until a short while ago we were being attacked at every corner. Since the incident with our friend Janus things have quieted down for whatever reason. I wonder if we are not being expected down there....

GreyWolfVT

#294 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Good thinkin', I say keep that rope handy so if we need out fast we can."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#295 Post by Alethan »

zebediah wrote:Until a short while ago we were being attacked at every corner. Since the incident with our friend Janus things have quieted down for whatever reason. I wonder if we are not being expected down there....
"I agree, Serg. Besides... this place is so out of the way! I didn't see any signs of activity outside and there's no evidence of ingress OR egress with rope or ladder," Cilian adds. "I hate to be hopeful and think we're the first breathing things to enter this place in a while, but it might well be the case!"

He trails off into a thoughtful silence, then adds, "Of course, there could be non-breathing things down there, I suppose."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by wolfpack »

If tub is climbing down the wall roll a climb walls roll. if you are using the rope make a strength check and subtract 7 from the roll.

GreyWolfVT

#297 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"I don't even want to think about that. Undead bah gives me goosebumps just talking about it."

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#298 Post by zebediah »

Edited
Last edited by zebediah on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by rredmond »

Tub is climbing down with the rope around his waist, just in case he falls or needs a quick yank up.
If only half of me gets pulled back up, just run, Tub gulps.
[1d100] = 38
Lookit that! It's Tub making it down safely woot!
Tub keeps his eyes open for any movement going down, then scans as much as he can, still tied to the rope, when he gets to the ground.

GreyWolfVT

#300 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"You alright down there Tub? I'm next this time." Scyth will do the same as Tub, rope around waits and so forth.

Return to “Aroth”