Re: Welcome to Autumndale

#241 Post by wolfpack »

Tub makes it to the top of the mesa

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by rredmond »

Tub looks over the edge at the party. Oi! There's a big whole up here. About 10' of ledge around the edges, then nothing in the middle. Before I check down there, or throw a torch in there or summat, I sure would like company, Tubeedee starts uncoiling his rope, then the party sees him looking around. Shoot all flat, he calls down, anyone got any good spikes I can use to secure the rope? If I gotta use my daggers I'm gonna be pissed.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#243 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scythius yells back up "Nuthin but arrows here." The silver arrow is that entirely made of silver? If so I could try and shoot it into the top of the rock as a "spike" for Tub.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by rredmond »

:D Figured I'd just lower the rope and haul any equipment up. ;)
Don't particularly want to haul up people, or anything too heavy for that matter, as there's nothing for Tub to brace himself on up on top of the holey mesa.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

GreyWolfVT

#245 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I just was not sure if anyone had a spike of any sort to use is all the closest I have is my silver arrow. Didn't mean for anyonet to haul anything or anyone. Just couldn't think of a better way to stick and arrow into the rock other than shooting it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by wolfpack »

silver arrow just the arrow head is silver

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#247 Post by Alethan »

ednichols wrote:I just was not sure if anyone had a spike of any sort to use is all the closest I have is my silver arrow. Didn't mean for anyonet to haul anything or anyone. Just couldn't think of a better way to stick and arrow into the rock other than shooting it.
It's just the tip that is silver. Still has a wooden shaft and fletching, or else it wouldn't fly very well. Probably not the best thing for an anchor.

Cilian sets his pack on the ground and roots through it, looking for a spike. "I don't have anything. Everyone else, check your packs."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

GreyWolfVT

#248 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright was just a thought.

"As I said I have nothing of use as an anchor sorry guys."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by rredmond »

This hole is big... over 200 feet across. There's steep slope down to the bottom about 100 feet. But the bottom still looks to be about 150 feet across from what I can see, like I said, steep slope. Makes this 10 foot ledge seem a bit wobbly for me ...

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#250 Post by zebediah »

Alethan wrote:
ednichols wrote:I just was not sure if anyone had a spike of any sort to use is all the closest I have is my silver arrow. Didn't mean for anyonet to haul anything or anyone. Just couldn't think of a better way to stick and arrow into the rock other than shooting it.
It's just the tip that is silver. Still has a wooden shaft and fletching, or else it wouldn't fly very well. Probably not the best thing for an anchor.

Cilian sets his pack on the ground and roots through it, looking for a spike. "I don't have anything. Everyone else, check your packs. Serg, you've had something clanking around in your pack the last week or two..."

Uh, yeah, of course I have! Sergius starts rummaging through the stuff in his backpack Here! he brings forth a pair of iron spikes Do you think these will do Tub?
Sorry guys, had limited access for a few days and missed some of the action.

GreyWolfVT

#251 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ha ol' Serg holding out on us."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Argennian »

Viktor offers to take Serg's spikes up top and give his guild brother a hand with securing the rope for the others.

"Need a hammer up there, too?" he calls up to Tub questioningly.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by rredmond »

Errr... Tub looks around embarrassingly yeah, that too.

GreyWolfVT

#254 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Scythius draws his bow in a mock gesture aimed at Tub "Tub You fool, *laughs* how could you forget you needed a hammer too." Scyth then puts puts his bow back over his shoulder.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#255 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:Viktor offers to take Serg's spikes up top and give his guild brother a hand with securing the rope for the others.

"Let's just have Tub throw down an end of the rope and tie a pack to it with the hammer and spikes in it? He can lower the empty pack down with the rope when he's done..."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote: "Let's just have Tub throw down an end of the rope and tie a pack to it with the hammer and spikes in it? He can lower the empty pack down with the rope when he's done..."
Yup, that's what I was thinking... no reason to reinvent whatever it is the saying is... rope ladder I guess? Tub tosses his rope down. Spikes and a hammer please!

GreyWolfVT

#257 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alethan wrote:
Argennian wrote:Viktor offers to take Serg's spikes up top and give his guild brother a hand with securing the rope for the others.

"Let's just have Tub throw down an end of the rope and tie a pack to it with the hammer and spikes in it? He can lower the empty pack down with the rope when he's done..."
"I say throw the hammer up at him." Scyth says then laughs after to indicate he is just kidding around.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by wolfpack »

you tie the pack to the rope and tub pulls it up without issues.

he drives the spike into the rock and ties the rope off and throws it over the edge.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#259 Post by Alethan »

"Before we all climb up," Cilian questions out loud, "Do we have enough rope to make this decent all the way down the inside?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by wolfpack »

Tubs estimate is the inside is 100'. I am assumong the rope he is using is 50'

Return to “Aroth”