Welcome to Autumndale

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Welcome to Autumndale

#1 Post by wolfpack »

The group brings there cart up to the largest building in town.

As you come to a stop several people standing on the porch of the building stop and watch in silence as you hitch your horses to the hitching posts.

As you are closer you now see a sign above the door of the building with the words Autumndale Inn painted on it.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Welcome to Autumndale

#2 Post by rredmond »

Tub waves and smiles, how's it going? he calls out to the natives.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Stonjuz »

"We are travelers. We may be needing shelter and sustenance if it be offered here."Osric waits for a reply but then adds if questioned, "We like to think of ourselves as protectors of mankind. But right now we are looking for....what is his name again, lads?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

The locals just watch you until Osric speaks up. One of the men points at the symbol of Thor around Osrics neck and whispers something to another man who nods and answer the big cleric.

This is the only place around that rents rooms, Kramer can take care of you.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Argennian »

Stonjuz wrote:"We are travelers. We may be needing shelter and sustenance if it be offered here."Osric waits for a reply but then adds if questioned, "We like to think of ourselves as protectors of mankind. But right now we are looking for....what is his name again, lads?"
"Jonus," Vik offers on Osric's cue, looking at those gathered in front of the inn to see if the name eschews any look of familiarity on their faces.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by wolfpack »

The men have no reaction at all to the name.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by Anivar »

I'm going to have a look around. I'll catch up with you guys in a little while. Scythius says quietly and heads off towards the building with lots of foot traffic.

He walks a full circuit around the village a short distance outside the buildings, observing the locals coming and going, looking for any tracks heading out of the village in directions that seem to lead no where. While on his stroll, he will also try to discover what the building with the chimney is and look for clues as to what is being stored in the silo.

When he finishes his patrol, he heads back to the inn to rejoin his comrades and pass on any information he may have discovered.
Last edited by Anivar on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ooops...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by Alethan »

Anivar wrote:I'm going to have a look around. I'll catch up with you guys in a little while. Scythius says quietly and heads off towards the building with lots of foot traffic.

He walks a full circuit around the village a short distance outside the buildings, observing the locals coming and going, looking for any tracks heading out of the village in directions that seem to lead no where. While on his stroll, he will also try to notice the reason there are so many people going in and out of one of the buildings and look for clues as to what is being stored in the silo.

When he finishes his patrol, he heads back to the inn to rejoin his comrades and pass on any information he may have discovered.

I believe the inn IS the building with all the foot traffic... And that is the reason for the traffic.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by Anivar »

Alethan wrote: I believe the inn IS the building with all the foot traffic... And that is the reason for the traffic.
you're right, i read something wrong. i thought the inn was the building with the chimney. edited accordingly. thanks!
Ooops...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by wolfpack »

Anivar wrote:
Alethan wrote: I believe the inn IS the building with all the foot traffic... And that is the reason for the traffic.
you're right, i read something wrong. i thought the inn was the building with the chimney. edited accordingly. thanks!

PM on the way

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Tub shrugs, sooner we talk to this Kramer, likely the better.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by Alethan »

Cilian suddenly realizes how hungry he is and says as much.

"I'm starving. Let's get some food, before we do anything else."

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by zebediah »

Agreed, I feel like I could eat a whole cow.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Argennian »

Viktor nods his agreement and rubs his stomach. "Aye, sounds good ta me too! Wonder if deputies get a discount?"

He winks at Tub and smiles at the ironic nature of their unofficial employ... :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by wolfpack »

Walking into the inn you are stuck by the hominess of it. A fireburns in the corner and people sit at a few small tables and a smal bar.

the gneral atosphere reminds you of a smaller version of Wayferers place. You sit at a small wooden table with a candle lit in the middle and after a couple of minutes a yound brown haired woman comes up to you.

Welcome to Autumndale what can I get for you travelers.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Stonjuz »

"Not sure if our purse is deep enough, but, room for the night,..."
Osric again looks to his friends for nods of agreement, then adds,"and hearty meals all around for the road weary, and traveling provisions to continue on the morrow. And on a personal note, who to speak to concerning the monument outside. Perhaps a local cleric, a paladin perhaps?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by wolfpack »

She smiles a warm smile at the big cleric.

For rooms you will need to talk to Kramer, they run 1 gold per night.

The dinner special tonight is chicken stew over biscuits and that will run you 5 silver for a meal. Ale or mead by the mug is 2 silver each and wine is 6 silver per glass.

By Monument do you meant the valknut? If you have any questions about the temple you will need to talk to the preist Erikson, you can find him there.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by zebediah »

Sounds delicious! I will have the special with some ale.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

Cilian adds, "I'll take the special and an ale, as well."

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Stonjuz »

Is this a welcome for a priest of Thor? They must have seen us approaching. Why is this Kaltar and Erikson not present? ,
Osric questions himself.

"Save me a seat, and a bowl friends. I am off to see this Erikson first."

Return to “Aroth”