Caller Thread

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

Caller Thread

#1 Post by imperialus »

This thread will be used for the caller to co-ordinate the party's actions. If anyone wants to volunteer for the role just let me know.

Whenever the party is doing something together they can use this thread to co-ordinate actions and then the caller can post the final decision in the IC thread. For example, I present a situation in the IC thread like "you approach a T intersection" then the players can post in the caller thread with stuff like "Bob the Barbarian will approach the intersection and look both ways." "Sabby the Thief says we should go left!" "Sinbad the Sorcerer will cover our rear" and "Simon the Sentinal will cover the right corridor while Bob goes left".

Then, once the party has decided what they are going to do (or a reasonable amount of time has past) the caller can post the actual actions of the entire party in the IC thread. The caller is then responsible for dictating the actions of players who haven't posted. I've found it helps create a better narrative, and can help keep the campaign moving if someone goes quiet for whatever reason so we're not sitting around waiting for posts.

I would also encourage you guys to come up with various standard operating procedures or as we say in my tabletop group, "I do X for safety". Just as an example from my tabletop group (a fairly high level AD&D campaign) whenever we approach a door our DM just knows that our thief (who always has invisibility cast on him) will check for traps, listen at the door, and open it while kneeling on the ground, at which point our Paladin, who is standing with his back to the wall on the latch side of the door will throw a rock with continual light cast on it through the door, and drop to his knees extending his shield out to cover the thief and drawing his sword while the thief retreats and our dwarf fighter breaches the door with our elf fighter/mu covers over his head.

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”