General OOC thread

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

Re: General OOC thread

#121 Post by imperialus »

MrHemlocks wrote:**Mukuli, Tavern***

"Great idea Sargon!" Handing the map over, Mukuli than waits...

LOL...I forgot what the reward was going to be! Did the lizard pay us already? The months of play have caused me to be a little forgetful.
Yes, he has paid you. IIRC he agreed to pay a total of 400 IP for the boat, plus 50 for the map.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#122 Post by imperialus »

Just a heads up. I'll have the lizard launch into his explaination of what the heck is going on once I get home from work today.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#123 Post by Rostranor »

I'm holding off until I hear what the lizards says.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#124 Post by imperialus »

sorry for the delay. Work exploded in my face yesterday. Dealt with the fallout all day today...

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#125 Post by imperialus »

If you feel so inspired as to blow some money for XP, now would be a good time.

Also, regarding the purchasing power of the ring. You can use it to buy any mundane gear from the setting book. I don't think I need to mention "within reason" but I doubt Kissarth would be terribly pleased if you bankrupted him. You'll need to decide if you want to travel overland or by river and arrange appropriate transportation. Blathu could arrange for a boat no problem but if you want to travel overland you'll probably want to find mounts.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by Blazeguard »

What's the exchange rate for XP? 1 ip = 1 XP?
Also, I've kinda lost track of where we are with our finances. How much money did we each end up with?

Another question - Do we know how far away this temple is? Just wondering about rations and such - how much will we need for the trip?

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by Todd Spengo »

My wife just gave birth to our first child this week so my posting is going to be a bit erratic for awhile. :D

In other news, Arngrim definitely wants to blow some coin on some gear. When I have some spare moments I'll try to put together a list.

Is everything basically available for sale here or are some things rare or unavailable?

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#128 Post by Rostranor »

:D congrats man.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#129 Post by imperialus »

First off, congratz Todd! May he or she sleep through the night sooner rather than later.

You found a total of 52 iron coins, 152 BP's and 191 CP on the boat. You also sold the boat to Kissarth for a total of 450 IP.

Yes, you can swap the IP for XP on a 1-1 basis, so long as you are blowing it on something 'useless'.

Muluki it takes a day or two, but Kissarth gets you a dram of essence of nightshade. It's enough to poison 10 arrows, or a sword. If you do damage with it, the target needs to make a fort save or die within 1d4 rounds. He suggests that you find a bow to your liking, and use his ring to pay for it since you would likely be better served picking one out for yourself rather than have him guess as to your preferred draw weight and the like.

Any mundane gear within reason is available. Strange alchemical reagents, custom weapons and armour, are less likely, but if you post a list, I'll let you know if anything is out of order. You can feel free to use Kissarth's ring to do things like upgrade your gear. Just keep a tally of how much you're spending and how much you're billing Kissarth.

As for the distance to the temple. It's far to the south down the Sequt River in Najambi. The nearest point of civilization is Kem, and you estimate it's likely a 3-4 day trek into the jungle from there depending on how much you have to bushwack.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#130 Post by MrHemlocks »

Using Kissarth ring Mukuli will buy a nice recurve bow and 30 arrows. Ten arrows will be made of shale. For the reason that when the arrow hits the soft stone will shatter within the creature. The shards will cause death do the blood poisoning and internal bleeding. :evil:

Also, can you tell me more about the price the lizard is going to pay us to get the stone...besides loot gathered? And this Kissarth ring..what the heck is it? I can not find information about it in other post.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by Blazeguard »

I think the Kissarth ring is simply a guarantee of payment from the lizard. I don't think we're actually selling the ring to buy what we need.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#132 Post by MrHemlocks »

Blazeguard wrote:I think the Kissarth ring is simply a guarantee of payment from the lizard. I don't think we're actually selling the ring to buy what we need.
ok...like a free credit card :roll:

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#133 Post by imperialus »

MrHemlocks wrote:
Blazeguard wrote:I think the Kissarth ring is simply a guarantee of payment from the lizard. I don't think we're actually selling the ring to buy what we need.
ok...like a free credit card :roll:
Sort of. The use of signant rings for promisary notes was a pretty common thing in the Hansetic League. The merchant houses would give rings to their ship captains and agents so they could make purchases on their behalf without having to carry around a lot of coin.

More relevantly however there is evidence of a similar system within the Mesopotamian city states. Archaeologists believe they used clay cylinder seals instead of rings, but the premise was the same. There are even a number of laws in the Code of Hammurabi that refer to the practice quite explicitly.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#134 Post by Blazeguard »

Not sure if you want this posted in this thread or the game thread but Sargon will purchase the following items:
Bastard Sword - 25 ip
Studded Leather - 45 ip
Backpack - 2 ip
Signal Whistle - 4 bp
Whetstone - 1 ip
Waterskin - 5 bp
Rations (8 days) - 14 bp
Flint & Steel - 15 cp
Candles (2) - 2 cp
Chalk (2 pieces) - 2 cp
Lantern - 10 ip
Oil (2 flasks) - 4 bp

Total: 83 ip 17 bp 19 cp (if he is able to trade in the short sword he picked up from the slave traders he will do that as well)

He will purchase these items using the lizard's ring and will then 'waste' 36 ip of his own on wine, women, and song in order to advance to level 2.

Level Up HP: [1d10] = 10

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#135 Post by MrHemlocks »

After gathering his poison and using Kissarth ring, Mukuli will buy a nice recurve bow and 30 arrows. Ten arrows will be made of shale. For the reason that when the arrow hits the soft stone will shatter within the creature. The shards will cause death do the blood poisoning and internal bleeding. :evil:

Also, he will buy two master work quality daggers. Kind of pricey but not too hard to find in a town like this...

And also :D a very nice disguise kit and thieves kit.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#136 Post by Blazeguard »

Heading out of town for the weekend and will have limited access to internet.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#137 Post by imperialus »

Figured I'd give you guys an update. I'm not dead, just planning out the river trip. It was also the Comic Expo up in my hometown this weekend so it has been a couple very long days. I should be up and running again in the next day or two.

In the meantime, if you guys want to describe what you are doing in your downtime, particularly if you plan on blowing coin for XP, feel free.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#138 Post by MrHemlocks »

We still on? :?:

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#139 Post by imperialus »

Hey guys. Wanted to apologize for my disappearance. In case it wasn't obvious, I might need to put this on hold for a while... I'm afraid I don't have much to offer other than the usual, blah, blah, life busy line, which I hate to do, but I'm in the back half of the school year, trying frantically to make sure I get through everything I need to before the kids write their provincial exams. Between that, and co-ordinating outdoor school I'm swamped. Sorry. With any luck I'll be able to get things going again once summer hits if you guys are still interested.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#140 Post by Todd Spengo »

I'm definitely still interested. Just ping me when you're ready. :mrgreen:

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”