General OOC thread

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: General OOC thread

#61 Post by Blazeguard »

Do we know where Neter-Aaru would be? Continuing on to Y'Mataar might prevent certain uncomfortable questions that may come up were we to show up back in Karthazar as free men.

What does everyone else think?

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#62 Post by Rostranor »

Let's move forward. To the next town. I agree that going back is bad, left and right are a no-go so that leaves only forward.

Let's scrounge what we need and move out.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#63 Post by Rostranor »

Steel dagger: the damage you said was bumped up from d4 to d5. Does that mean the backstab damage is d12 instead of d10?

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Todd Spengo »

I don't have a preference at the moment. I'll have to read up a bit. If someone else has a burning desire to go somewhere, I'm fine to go. Turning in that credit note sounds like a good idea.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#65 Post by Rostranor »

If you look at pg 143it talks about Ymataar. Fallen Empires is like the zombi apocolpse, not place is safe. Places are just safer.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Todd Spengo »

Gotcha. I'll read up. In the meantime, I'm up for wherever if someone has a strong opinion. If we do go to cash in that credit, where is that?

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#67 Post by imperialus »

Todd Spengo wrote:Gotcha. I'll read up. In the meantime, I'm up for wherever if someone has a strong opinion. If we do go to cash in that credit, where is that?
Neter-Aaru is in Kesh. To the south and east of Y'Mataar.

And Merry Christmas everyone. I'm up at the in laws right now, so I don't have my stuff (also why I didn't post anything yesterday) but assuming everyone is largely in agreement we'll go on to Y'mataar tomorrow.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#68 Post by Rostranor »

We need to determine the slave masters fate as well. There seem to be two camps developing.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#69 Post by imperialus »

I'll do a longer update tomorrow AM, just want to give people a chance to respond to Ptah deciding Genubath's fate for everyone.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#70 Post by Rostranor »

Imerialus,
I'll try to work in some thieves cant with Blathu to see if he is part of that company of fellows. Just drop a couple signals or words to see if he k ows the cant. I'm picturing it like a subtle greeting or challenge to identify peers.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#71 Post by Rostranor »

I say we take the offer. Anyone opposed?

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Todd Spengo »

Rostranor wrote:I say we take the offer. Anyone opposed?
Fine by me.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Blazeguard »

I think the offer is as good as any and I'm not sure we have many other options. I say we take it.

imperialus
Tracker
Tracker

#74 Post by imperialus »

Re your current financial situation:
Right now, you have a total of 52 iron coins of varying mintage, 132 bronze coins, and 191 ceramic beads shaped into bean shapes with the stamps of various merchant houses on them.
The Backgammon Board is worth maybe 50 iron pieces to the right person.
The Mug, Playing Cards, and Figurine are probably worth about 25 IP each
The bracelet is maybe worth 5.

Divying the coins up would net you each 8 iron pieces each with 4 left over (really one, since you paid 3 for the mooring of the boat), 22 bronze pieces, and 31 ceramic with 5 left over. Not sure what you want to do with the items, you could always dice for them, but that means someone is left out.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by Dogma »

I take it there wasn't any other cargo on the barge besides us?

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by MrHemlocks »

imperialus wrote:Re your current financial situation:
Right now, you have a total of 52 iron coins of varying mintage, 132 bronze coins, and 191 ceramic beads shaped into bean shapes with the stamps of various merchant houses on them.
The Backgammon Board is worth maybe 50 iron pieces to the right person.
The Mug, Playing Cards, and Figurine are probably worth about 25 IP each
The bracelet is maybe worth 5.

Divying the coins up would net you each 8 iron pieces each with 4 left over (really one, since you paid 3 for the mooring of the boat), 22 bronze pieces, and 31 ceramic with 5 left over. Not sure what you want to do with the items, you could always dice for them, but that means someone is left out.
Need to sell all the loot than we will have plenty of coinage. Maybe that tanned man with the white teeth can sell the items at the market?

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#77 Post by Blazeguard »

With his Vow of Poverty, Sargon is satisfied with the distribution of coins and will allow the rest of the party to divvy up the left over coins. Once the items are sold he will decide how much more money he needs.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by MrHemlocks »

Maybe can skip to the next scene...after we all ate, gathered our supplies and met back at the tavern? Unless someone wants to role play in the tavern or market.

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#79 Post by Rostranor »

I'm cool with that.

Do we want to try and cash in the merchant creds ourselves? Or do we want to have the fence do it for us? I would prefer not to have a merchant house come down on us so soon, but who knows how much we will gouged by the fence. I'll trust in Luck which ever way qe want to go.

Ari-nasir is going to carouse and burn money where he is at and wait for the meeting. Wine woman and song!

Rostranor
Scout
Scout

#80 Post by Rostranor »

Imperialus, not sure the 1 iron piece = 1xp ratio is going to work with the XP required to level in DCC. With 100 iron each we could jump to almost third level.

Everyone else, we are getting hosed on the boat. I am half tempted to bug out or screw this Lizard guy over. I'm not trying to get rich quick here or anything, but this guy isnt giving us any reason to want to work with him.

Return to “Tales From the Fallen Empire [DCC]”