Next Day

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Next Day

#21 Post by Alethan »

Does Cilian know what the symbol means?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by wolfpack »

Alethan wrote:Does Cilian know what the symbol means?

Everyone in the group knows what it means. It is the symbol of Odin the patron god of the ruling family and the primary god of the kingdom.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by rredmond »

Ah, Odin's valknut, Tub says nodding sagely.

Anything fishy about the people are they nervous/curious about us. Anything seem off?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Stonjuz »

Osric opens his arms as he approaches. He gestures the greeting customs to any local, would-be, believers.
He studies the general structural integrity of the monument and then relates that to the overall appearance of a church type following.
(In need of repairs, thriving, etc...)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by wolfpack »

The people watch you as you ride into town.

They don't seem freightned of you, but they seem to be on guard.

The Valknut is large and carved from stone. You can tell the job was roughly done, most likely by the congregation and not something done by a professional.

The temple itself is made of roughly hewn logs like all the rest of the buildings in the small hamlet. It is a very simple structure with no lavish embellishments.

It certainly looks as if this is a small community where the people have built the buildings themselves much like Rashtan used to be before the gold rush.

You can tell that building #4 (which is very tall and appears to perhaps b a silo) looks to be damaged by fire on 1 wall.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#26 Post by Anivar »

is there anything on the other buildings to indicate what they are?
Ooops...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

#1 is an obvious temple

#2 is a stable

#3 you see people coming from the building with bags and blankets to load on a wagon.

#4 looks to be a silo of some sort

#5 has a stone chimney with black smoke pouring out

#6 - has the most people coming in and out

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Argennian »

zebediah wrote:We stop for the evening, restock if possible and head east in the morning, right? No idea what lies ahead of us and this is a place where we might find a decent meal and a soft bed. says Serg.
"Sounds good ta me, Serg. We could stable Korec's horses and give 'em a break too," Vik opines in agreement.

He then looks around the small hamlet as they consider their plans. "We should let 'em know we be deputies from Rashtan. Not sure we should mention our mission though, least not straight away. But we should ask if any of 'em seen our good 'ol buddy, Jonus! Sure wouldn't mind... bumping into that bastard in the slightest..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by Alethan »

"Let's start with that building," Cilian says, pointing to the larger building to the right. "It seems to have the most activity, so maybe it's a store or bar of some sort. Good place to go for food. And information."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by wolfpack »

See new thread welcome to Autumndale

Return to “Aroth”