Next Day

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Next Day

#1 Post by wolfpack »

Everyone gets a much needed rest and feels refreshed the next morning. The storm has stopped outside, although it is slightly overcast they rain is gone.

everyone gains 1 hp I have updated the battlesheet. Also spell casters let me know what spells you have memorized.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Next Day

#2 Post by Alethan »

In the morning, Cilian sits down with his traveling spellbook and once again studies Burning Hands.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Stonjuz »

Osric says, Thor will surely bless us in our endeavors this day too.(he is not casting bless however, yet)
Bless, Cure Light, Detect Evil, Sanctuary.....4 correct?

edited spelling
Last edited by Stonjuz on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by wolfpack »

Stonjuz wrote:Osric says, Thor will surely bless us in our endevours this day too.(he is not casting bless however, yet)
Bless, Cure Light, Detect Evil, Sanctuary.....4 correct?

yes 4 is correct

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by wolfpack »

Cillian and Osric are both able to memorize their spells/prayers uninteruppted. The group finds a small bag of dried oatmeal and is able to make a meager but filling breakfast.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

While breaking their fast, Cilian says, "I suppose after this we check the amulet and keep at it?"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Argennian »

Vik heads out to check on the horses and wagon when dawn breaks, thankful they are okay and that the incessant rain has stopped. Although he doubts that he'll see much, the young churl looks all around the area anyway for any signs of smoke from another fire, Jonus or anything else that might be worthy of note.

He then heads back inside to join the others for a breakfast of oatmeal and the assessment of the day's activities.
Alethan wrote:While breaking their fast, Cilian says, "I suppose after this we check the amulet and keep at it?"
"Sounds good to me, Cil. Looks like the storms broke up. No longer raining, at least for now," Vik opines, wiping some oatmeal from his chin. After doing so, he looks to his friends with a sudden thought of concern. "Somethings been bugging me. That tornado hit us yesterday, and everything else we seen and went through since we headed this way... you all think that amulet brought that stuff down on us? Reason I ask is soon as Cil took it off, that stuff stopped. No sure what that means, might just be a coincidence and all. But what if it ain't? What if they can see us when you got it on, Cil? You know more bout magic than me, just wondering if it be possible to put it on every now and again as we get closer to that temple, just in case they can see where we be?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by Alethan »

Cilian nods, "I was thinking the same thing. My plan was to put it on, take a heading, then take it off and walk in that direction for a while before taking another heading."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by wolfpack »

Cilian slides the amulet over his head and immediatly is assualted by the hissing voice in his head NOOOOOOOOOOOORRRTHHHHHHHH

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

He quickly takes it off and says,"Apparently we are still supposed to head north..."

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Anivar »

Scythius starts to head out the door.

Lets get going then.
Ooops...

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Stonjuz »

Just before the party departs, Osric (and whoever else seems interested) cleans up the charred pyre spot and finishes the prayers for the fallen family.
"Accept them my lord. If deemed not worthy, mark their failures to us, as I am quite sure that our deaths will carry tenfold their weight."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by wolfpack »

The companions pack up in the cart and head North on the road on an overcast day. Tightly bundled to keep form getting a chill in the cool and getting cooler fall weather it is only a few weeks until full blown winter.

Around noon the sun finally breaks through the clouds, and as you continue north through the day you begin to see more and more farms dotting the landscape and more traffic along the road.

As it is getting near sunset you see a group of buildings, obviously a small hamlet, up ahead off to the east and a small dirt road carved off the main road leading to it.

What do you want to do?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Cilian quickly checks to see if they need to change direction at all by placing the amulet around his neck for a brief moment. Once he gets his bearing, he takes it off and informs the others of what it says.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by rredmond »

Tub grumbles to himself about not really needing the amulet at all. North, he harumphs under his breath.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by wolfpack »

Alethan wrote:Cilian quickly checks to see if they need to change direction at all by placing the amulet around his neck for a brief moment. Once he gets his bearing, he takes it off and informs the others of what it says.

EEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#17 Post by Alethan »

"Ha!" Cilian snorts at Tub. "Shows how much you know, Tub! Now we need to start looking towards the east!" He winks and smiles at his friend to make sure Tub knows he's just messing with him.

"So... do we stop here first, maybe refresh our provisions and grab some warmer cloaks, if they have a general store, and grab a hot meal before heading east?"

OOC: I believe we used some torches in the house. Wouldn't hurt to get more. And maybe some winter cloaks, especially if that cold weather continues.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Stupid east.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by zebediah »

We stop for the evening, restock if possible and head east in the morning, right? No idea what lies ahead of us and this is a place where we might find a decent meal and a soft bed. says Serg.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by wolfpack »

The small dirt road leads you for a mile into a small groupings of wooden buildings. You see a few people walkign between the buildings and along the dirt road.

the road dead ends in front of a wooden building with a monument of a Valknut in front.

valknut

Return to “Aroth”