Action Thread #11: The Greensward

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread #11: The Greensward

#61 Post by onlyme »

Malone swings,
To Hit with Halberd: [1d20] = 11, Dam(s/m): [1d10+6] = 8+6 = 14, Dam(l): [2d6+6] = 2+6 = 8

and 2nd time for his specialty

To Hit with Halberd: [1d20] = 11, Dam(s/m): [1d10+6] = 2+6 = 8, Dam(l): [2d6+6] = 8+6 = 14

now, if I can just remember how many modifiers he has. 1 for specialty and 3 for strength I think...
Last edited by onlyme on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by Stonjuz »

Staff (2 hand): thaco 20 [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 Dmg [1d6+2] = 5+2 = 7
The dwarf takes way too long to take up staff and attack. He never gets fully extended and the swing misses by a mile.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh aims a large overhead chop at his nearest foe:...

Battle Axe To Hit [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16 Damage [1d8+2] = 8+2 = 10

...And feels a satisfying crunch as he hits home

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Grognardsw »

Thurinor vs. wuni-wabbits

Being from a race close to nature, Thurinor has mixed feelings attacking the rabbits but such emotions evaporate as he witnesses the harmful hares draw blood. The hero of Hornwood forest drops his crossbow and draws sword and dagger. In a stunning display of incompetance, Thurinor's sword blow misses spectatularly. His follow-on dagger thrust manages to connect.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Stonjuz »

"Save the horns for samples......magical experiments are surely in order...!!!"
The dwarf seems at least partially pleased to being attacked by these things, and having to kill at least some of them.
"Powdered rabbit horn is a major component of .....oh well....i dont know, but it has to be good one...."

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Day 7, Mid-Afternoon: The Uni-bunny battle extraordinaire, Round 2

Initiative: Party Initiative: [1d6] = 4; NPC/Monster Initiative: [1d6] = 1 (party first, monster bunnies second)

Narrative

Seeing the hares draw blood with their dark horns, the party leaps to action! Andrin's attack misses but has the effect of chasing a bunny into Ogirdor's path. The ranger's axe finds only the turf, but his spear grazes the creature's shoulder, opening a furrow of red (2 damage).

Malone, muscular arms rippling with power, with perfect timing slashes his halberd as a bunny races past, and the creature is cloven in two! (8 damage!)

Stonjuz, perhaps paying more attention to assessing the magical value of the bunny creatures' horns than to combat, whirls himself halfway around in his attempted strike. "Save the horns for samples......magical experiments are surely in order...!!! Powdered rabbit horn is a major component of .....oh well....i dont know, but it has to be good one...."

This, however, does not distract Swilbosh. The one-eyed lizardman plants his axe deep through the neck of another bunny, its life having suddenly gone in a gout of blood. (10 damage!)

Now only Thurinor is left dueling with the last of the long-eared varmints, as some might call them. The elf's sword stroke is deftly parried by the hare but, already wounded by Ozborn's arrow, the last long-ear falls beneath the piercing bite of Thurinor's dagger (3 damage), leaving a frustrated-looking Oz to merely turn a defensive half-circle, confirming that all enemies have fallen.

The battle over, all is very quiet. You can hear the light wind rustling the new spring grass, watered and now bloodied.

Well, I can only imagine what you'll do with these poor bunnies you've slaughtered. Hope you didn't waste your best hits on them... :twisted:

Next actions?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by saalaria »

Swilbosh wipes the gore of his axe, then looks around for any other threat. Assuming there is none, he sets off towards where the creatures came from to search around.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#68 Post by Stonjuz »

Taking knife to the horns, Stonejuice collects rabbithorns for future studies. He will then collect the remains that are big enough for stew and says, "Keep moving yes?" as he does his best to blooddrain and field dress the conies.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by zebediah »

Has anyone been injured? If not I agree with master Stonjuz, let us continue in our way.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Grognardsw »

"In some lands the foot of a rabbit is considered lucky, though it helped not these poor things," says Thurinor the elf as he sheaths his blades.

"Though I have no incantations that require their horn as a component, one never knows about the future." Thurinor will collect one horn.

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Sir Clarence »

Silently shaking his head as he watches his companions butchering the corpses of the dead creatures, Andrin turns and walks a bit ahead, waiting for the others to follow on.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Grognardsw wrote:"In some lands the foot of a rabbit is considered lucky, though it helped not these poor things," says Thurinor the elf as he sheaths his blades.
"Indeed, Thurinor. They each had four of them, and yet they were super not-lucky, as it were." Oz says, good-naturedly with a wink to Thurinor as he lopes off after Swilbosh, bow in hand and an indeterminate number of arrows in his seemingly infinite quiver.

Ooc: I'm going to admit right now that I have no clue how many arrows I've fired so far, or how any I have left...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by onlyme »

Malone will follow, eager to return home.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#74 Post by Stonjuz »

"I do believe Thurinor has the tale wrong. The REMOVAL of the feet brings luck to the cook. Andrin, why so glum? We cannot let their lives go without worth. We MUST consume, and utilize them now, but it is a shame they attacked us. Everybody eep an eye out for any GIANT uniihare though. Mama isnt gonna like us killing the little ones."

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by Sir Clarence »

"Surely these creatures were no beasts of evil, Stonjuz. And every creature has its dignity, even in death. I don't understand that you seemingly constantly feel the need to mutilate, dismember and eviscerate most every creature that we have killed, even when you have no clue what you need it for. I find this behaviour weird and repelling." Andrin gives the dwarf a crooked smile. "We are obviously very different kind of people, you and I But we need to get along under these circumstances and so I won't speak anymore about it. When you're done with your slaughtering, let's move on towards this hill."

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Day 7, Late Afternoon: Toward the Mound

The party members take stock of themselves and their fresh kill. Stonjuz and Thurinor get to work "preserving," as it were, what can be used, while Andrin finds this distasteful and wanders ahead after Swilbosh, who is wiping his axe clean with apparent satisfaction. Ozborn and Malone follow along, eager to be on their way, while Ogirdor lingers in between the two groups until the hare-like creatures have been dealt with.

Eventually, all make it further down into the valley in which the oversized rabbits were grazing. Here and there, Andrin sees places where the creatures must have used their horns to dig in the turf and uncover wild tubers and roots for food. The druid notes with interest that they must be fairly good at burrowing, but the rest of the colony seems to have decided to stay quite hidden, and so you have no opportunity to see this digging in action.

The low, turf-covered mound is now very close, on a slight rise to the east. Those who approach it can see upright support stones to left and right of a tunnel entrance. Once again, Stonjuz is quite certain that the cut of the stone is dwarvencraft, and Turtlepoo makes the usual squirming motions that confirm this. At the same time, all can smell a strong animal scent wafting out from the tunnel, which gently slopes downward for about 20 feet, ending in a stone wall. As you shield your eyes from the light outside, you can see a stone slab floor covered in muddy footprints, and the ceiling is likewise a single massive slab of stone resting on stone uprights.
BurialMound1.jpg
BurialMound1.jpg (78.55 KiB) Viewed 753 times
Go ahead and let me know any actions you want to take outside where the uni-bunnies had been grazing, but I wanted to push the description ahead a bit farther to give you more to think about. Stonjuz and Thurinor's butchering took a good hour, I figure, and they were able to get the desired horns and meat bundled up for carrying.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Grognardsw »

Crossbow armed, Thurinor approaches the entrance, peers into the shadows with his nightvision, and extends his sixth sense for magic detection upon the structure.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by onlyme »

Malone has his halberd ready for anything. He looks for anything worthy of its blade.

Sir Clarence
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by Sir Clarence »

"This might well be a burial mound. I wonder if it's necessary for us to enter it. Disturbing the dead is most often not a good idea...." Andrin looks at his comrades to see how they assess the situation.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#80 Post by zebediah »

Might be a grave, if Stonjuz recognizes this as dwarven made then it is a part of the whole structure that existed here at some point. Probably been taken to other uses by its subsequent owners. I will have a look inside, anyone care to join? Ogirdor will move in, torch in one hand, spear in the other.

Return to “UK5 Eye of the Serpent”