Side Events

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Side Events

#1 Post by Rukellian »

In this thread, I will be posting events that has taken place in the campaign story. This is to help free up the main threads from playful banter and other items that aren't as significant to progressing the story.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side Events

#2 Post by Rukellian »

The Delicate Flower
tooleychris wrote:Flynn will remain in the room with Amberlynn.
didn't want to clog the thread with chit chat but will move this there if u want

"So, lady. You have skill with leachcraft. My thanks for tending the hurts of my comrades."
He unwraps his bandaged hand and cleans the burn.
"I myself only suffered a small burn but would have your healers touch if it meant you holding my hand even for a moment." he smiles as charming as he can muster.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian wrote:Amberlyn clutches to her apron as she tries to hide her embarassment from everyone else. "This young of man of fetching nature, how he weaves his honeyed words so, oh!"

"Well... if you claim it to be so, I will check your hand, though I thinks you be more than healthy to me," she ends a bit quizzically as she takes hold of Flynn's hand and looks at it. The burn has long since healed, a minor one at that, but his hand felt so warm, almost as if it were on fire.

"Umm, y-yes! You look to be alright. I'm glad the fire did not bite you too deeply," she laughs a bit nervously with a heavy blush. "S-sorry about all of this. It's just that this is the first time I've ever held a man's hand before... and.... oh my, I must really get going. Umm, yes! I was to pick some herbs, that's it!" A delicate flower of a women ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:
Rukellian wrote:Amberlyn clutches to her apron as she tries to hide her embarassment from everyone else. "This young of man of fetching nature, how he weaves his honeyed words so, oh!"

"Well... if you claim it to be so, I will check your hand, though I thinks you be more than healthy to me," she ends a bit quizzically as she takes hold of Flynn's hand and looks at it. The burn has long since healed, a minor one at that, but his hand felt so warm, almost as if it were on fire.

"Umm, y-yes! You look to be alright. I'm glad the fire did not bite you too deeply," she laughs a bit nervously with a heavy blush. "S-sorry about all of this. It's just that this is the first time I've ever held a man's hand before... and.... oh my, I must really get going. Umm, yes! I was to pick some herbs, that's it!" A delicate flower of a women ;)
Flynn rises to his feet in respect. Ever the gentleman.
"Come now lady. You shouldn't be off alone. While I warrant you may fend for thyself, tis your duty to aid us at need, and my duty to protect you in doing so. I would welcome fresh air and you might tell me more of this land, your craft, and of yourself, if such a blessing is just, in your eyes. I wouldn't have you off alone. Shall I not walk with you?'

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian wrote:Her attempt in trying to put distance between the gentleman of the sea and herself fails horribly as he once again starts to woo her with his charms and sincerity. "I mustn't... but oh, the forest can be dangerous at times. I don't know..." She then thinks to herself, "He wouldn't try anything reckless, would he? No, he is gentleman, that much I am certain. But this feeling, its so strange. Why do I want him to come, when I try to put distance..."

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Oh, but if anything happens, you will be sure that Whitsell will hear of it, and you an earful I'm sure!" Amberlyn tries to act stern but the act does not suit her well, as her smile gives everything away.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn smiles and feigns a hurt heart.
"Lady, you wound me. I would sooner throw myself on my own blade than bruise such a delicate flower."
He grabs his gear and opens the door for her.
"Please, let us talk of more pleasant things." he says as he follows her from the room.
"I would know where you were born, how you came to be here, and everything in between."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

The walk is short, and soon Flynn and Amberlyn find themselves at the forest's edge, an area bountiful in various flora and herbs. With a smile on her face, Amberlyn begins here collecting. From a distance, such a display truly evoked an image of peace and genuine happiness. She enjoyed what she was doing and seemed to have very little to no troubles of the world affecting her. Flynn watches quietly, taking in the mood of the moment, appreciating her happiness as if it were his own.

After stepping forward a bit.... 'to make sure she was well-protected' Flynn thought, he noticed a subtle change in her behaviour. Crouching over what appears to be vibrant wild flower of the region, she picks it up and smells of its fragrance. A tear rolls down her cheek as she does so, all the while still smiling.
Wild Flower.jpg
Wild Flower.jpg (75.22 KiB) Viewed 946 times

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tooleychris »

"A special moment is sealed within the pedals of this particular flower, lady?" he asks softly.
"Nay. Wipe not away tears of joy for they wash away bitter sorrow that surely this strange land reaps."
He sighs.
"Such and your smile alone lighten the burden of my own heart."
He reaches for an identical flower and breathes deep its aroma before tucking it in his shirt.
"Something that holds such value to Amberlynn will likewise be treasured by Flynn Ryder."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:"A special moment is sealed within the pedals of this particular flower, lady?" he asks softly.
"Nay. Wipe not away tears of joy for they wash away bitter sorrow that surely this strange land reaps."
He sighs.
"Such and your smile alone lighten the burden of my own heart."
He reaches for an identical flower and breathes deep its aroma before tucking it in his shirt.
"Something that holds such value to Amberlynn will likewise be treasured by Flynn Ryder."
She beams happily towards Flynn, after hearing such sweet words. "The flower is very precious to me indeed. It reminds me of my late mother. She was an herbalist as well, but her talents lied in the craftwork of smells not medicine, 'perfume' I think she called it. Out of all of the flowers and ingredients that she used, this was her favorite... it soon became mine too, when she passed away."

Looking towards Flynn with eyes still wet, she laughs and says reassuringly: "do not worry yourself over such a thing. I've come to terms with what happened, and you should not hold any sorrow for me, even as I speak of the loss of loved ones."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by tooleychris »

He winks then gives a big smile.
"Tell me of these other herbs you gather. Are they truly medicinal or is there more magic about you than power to make a grown mans knees weak with but a smile? "

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:He winks then gives a big smile.
"Tell me of these other herbs you gather. Are they truly medicinal or is there more magic about you than power to make a grown mans knees weak with but a smile? "
"There be no witchery in my craft," she laughs, "the plants do most of the work really. The fields here produce many a plants with natural healing, it is just a matter of picking out the right ones. See... here!" She plucks some from the ground and shows it to Flynn. "When crushed together with more, this leaf can help treat burns and scrapes of the skin, helps relieve the pain so I am told. And this one, this one can be made into a tea that can keep one awake for many an hour." She produces a few more plants here and there, demonstrating her knowledge of such healing techniques and seems to enjoy doing so as she explains what she knows, sometimes in great detail.

"My father is an adventurer just like you. He would always come to me to get his scrapes and bruises treated, always saying how I was such a good little girl. I became quite good at it too, practicing on him every day! He left a couple of years ago, for what I don't know. I suppose he is still out there in the high seas right now, on another one of his quests for glory and coin. I could never seem to get him to stay home with ma and I."

She pauses again and then looks up at Flynn with eyes of curiosity. "And what of you Mr. Flynn? Do you find the life of adventuring too great of a call to ignore as well?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn gets a far away look in his eyes.
"The sea can be a powerful temptress, lady. Hold no blame for your father over its lure. The reaction you displayed at smelling the sweet flower would occur to me if I had clean ocean breeze in my hair now."
He focuses on her again.
"But most men adventure for treasure and glory. I've long held the belief that the ones who seek to pluck the stars from the sky miss the jewels at their feet." he places a hand on her cheek indicating that she is such a jewel.

Oh damn! ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:Flynn gets a far away look in his eyes.
"The sea can be a powerful temptress, lady. Hold no blame for your father over its lure. The reaction you displayed at smelling the sweet flower would occur to me if I had clean ocean breeze in my hair now."
He focuses on her again.
"But most men adventure for treasure and glory. I've long held the belief that the ones who seek to pluck the stars from the sky miss the jewels at their feet." he places a hand on her cheek indicating that she is such a jewel.

Oh damn! ;)
Oh damn indeed! If I were a girl right now, I think I would have blushed. You certainly do have a way with words tooley. Ummm... yeah, going to take some time to come up with a proper reply, or action as it were ;)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:
tooleychris wrote:Flynn gets a far away look in his eyes.
He focuses on her again.

Oh damn! ;)
Oh damn indeed! If I were a girl right now, I think I would have blushed. You certainly do have a way with words tooley. Ummm... yeah, going to take some time to come up with a proper reply, or action as it were ;)
I think a simple gag reflex and puking on him should suffice.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

For a moment, she forgets how to breath, as the healer Amberlyn now finds her face caressed by the warm hand of the very handsome swashbuckler. He gazes into her eyes with a gentle and yet slightly roguish smile, intoxicating to the unprepared and dangerous to the easily wooed. Her heart starts to race as he gradually leans closer.... "Oh... is this to be the day," she asks herself nervously in her head. "Will my dashing knight finally whisk me away unto a life of granduer bliss, happiness unrivaled in all my days of youth, the promise of everlasting love?"

Her face now of crimson red, the fair lady rises just before Flynn Ryder can make his move. She quickly picks up her basket and prepares to take off in a nervous bout of excitement. "Oh... Mr. Flynn. I'm so sorry! But I just can't.... this is happening too quickly and so suddenly. I- I think I need to think this over some more. My heart may not be ready for this..." she ends in a weak smile as she takes off back to her own house in the settlement.

The sweet smell of the flower still lingers in the air as Flynn stands at the forest's edge, alone. Looking out into the distance, the swashbuckler places his hand over his shirt pocket and gently holds the flower within, his most precious treasure, and possibly his future.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn will make his way back to town and catch up with the others.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rukellian »

A Promise To Keep

After having checked up on everyone, providing her ministrations, Amberlynn finally finds herself in front of Flynn's door, the one farthest down the corridor upstairs. She knocks on the door gently, hoping that she has not woken him up, and waits for a reponse, arms folded behind her back, a nervous smile still on her face.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by tooleychris »

"It's open. " Flynn responds rather chipper. In spite of the trials ahead, he finally got a good nights sleep. Amber walks in and notices an entire bouquet of her mother's favorite flower in a pot by the door. Flynn must have picked them when she left him earlier.
"Oh! Apologies lady!" blurts a naked sailor still in bed who covers his waist with blanket.
"I thought you to be Whitsell. " he says sitting up in bed.
He yawns. "Tis unlike me to sleep in but I've not rested well of late. No, no. It's okay. Come in. Come in. Just toss me my pants there, on the chair? And..maybe close the door." he laughs.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rukellian »

"Oh-oh my!" she stammers as she looks away quickly. Surely such a sight would be too embarrassing for someone of her tempermant, her crimson red cheeks now all ablush. She grabs a Flynn's pants from the chair and extends it as far as she can with her arm, all the while looking away. "I was going to check to make sure you are alright before the group heads out, but uh.... oh gosh!" She blushes again, her crimson face now renewed in color. "Maybe I should come back later?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by tooleychris »

"Nonsense. " Flynn tries to stifle his amusement and pulls his undergarments on.
"There we are. I am in good shape. But really lass, if you wanted a peek at me..." he pulls his shirt on and buttons it halfway. "You could have just asked." he can hold it no longer and laughs out loud.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”