Side Events

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side Events

#41 Post by onlyme »

anything I need to be doing/posting? or just waiting?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rukellian »

Still waiting, I apologize for this. 3 hours have yet to go by for the adventuring group as I am still waiting on NJWilliam to chime in. I will be sure to let you know when you come back into the picture.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by onlyme »

no problem. I just wanted to confirm I wasnt supposed to be doing something on my end...
thanks
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by onlyme »

any updates on where/how I can reengage? it may be months for the rest of the party to move 3-4 hours in game time...

thanks

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

Indeed, at the rate we are going, it could take months; but, I am not without my tools as a DM ;) Another enemy encounter or two and the adventuring group will feel quite exhausted, realistically speaking. They haven't rested properly ever since they first set out from the inn earlier today to rid the bandit camp. Such a resting period, if they choose to partake in it, will take about say.... 2-3 hours. Giving another hero just enough time to make his re-entrance.

I will be trying to keep the pace within the 2-3 day range. So we won't be waiting forever on someone's actions.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote:
Amberlynn looks at Flynn and gives him, for the first time, a very naughty smile, gently tugging his shirt towards the stairs.
Flynn will allow her to drag him to privacy. Works his magic. (NOT REALLY MAGIC!)
Then fills Amber in on the plan. (Pillow talk )
"Soon we may be leaving this prison. Also, I've been told efforts will be made to end the stigma of sorcery. There are good uses for such. This wizard tends to prove it true."
Flynn runs his hands over her shape. "I know you've ensorselled me. If ALL magic is an evil, then I am it's slave... and yours." he kisses her again and pulls her close.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rukellian »

Amberlynn giggles at the thought of having cast a spell on him (didn't really happen), and says in a playful tone: "Well then, I guess that makes me a naughty lil' witch, huh?" She returns his kiss and unbuttons his shirt. The scene fades into dark.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tooleychris »

and now the naughty witch casts a sleep spell. Wonderful. :D

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by onlyme »

as a side event...

Whitsell would like to see the jeweler. He would want to find out whether the jeweler knows what is about to happen. And, then... if the jeweler allows, he would attempt to work out borrowing some items to umm "return" the next day.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:as a side event...

Whitsell would like to see the jeweler. He would want to find out whether the jeweler knows what is about to happen. And, then... if the jeweler allows, he would attempt to work out borrowing some items to umm "return" the next day.
Whitsell approaches the jeweler at his shady location in the alley he found him previous. He doesn't appear to be aware of what is going on right now and just smiles a toothy grin.

"The famed Demonslayer approaches, eh? Hoping to get a nice discount on all of my high quality gems? Well, we might be able to work something out... you have a decent amount of coin this time, right?" The shady man eyes you expectantly as he leans forward in his booth, a look of disbelief still lingering from last time.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell mentions he has some coin, though certainly not what one would expect from the town's savior, hoping to solicit some emotion from the jeweler...

He asks,
I believe we might be exiting this place, and this stuff will most likely stay behind in some weird dream. But, I would like to purchase a few items for my fellow adventurers with whatever coin I have left.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:Whitsell mentions he has some coin, though certainly not what one would expect from the town's savior, hoping to solicit some emotion from the jeweler...

He asks,
I believe we might be exiting this place, and this stuff will most likely stay behind in some weird dream. But, I would like to purchase a few items for my fellow adventurers with whatever coin I have left.
The jeweler ponders the meaning behind the man's words, rubbing his whisker filled chin with great thought. "Exiting this place you say? How? I have not heard of such an exit since we all found ourselves here." The jeweler still seems a bit reluctant, but the wheels in his mind are grinding and when he looks upon Whitsell, he can only see an honest face.

He sighs after some thought and puts both of his hands down, looking down at the cloth mat spread before him. "Suppose what you say is true and we can all leave this place. If everything were to be left behind, for some STRANGE reason, I'd be crazy if I didn't just pocket all of my wares myself! I-" He stops mid-sentence as a sudden realization hits him. He cannot take everything he owns with him, being able to only carry so much himself.

"Okay! In light of what you said... I will offer this special offer to you. If you can supply me with a chest big enough to carry most of my wares, I will sell you everything I can't carry, at half cost. Do we have a deal?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by onlyme »

What size chest do you require, good man?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:What size chest do you require, good man?
The OSRIC guide just gives a basic price for an empty chest, no mention of different sizes. To satisfy the Jeweler's want's, Whitsell knows for a fact that he can purchase such a chest at the general store, lock and key will cost a little extra but it may win over the Jeweler and give you a bonus. The total cost for those items alone would be 25 gp, roughly.

"Just one big enough to carry most of my wares. Got to save my business if I am to leave this place, yeah?" The jeweler's eyes brighten up as Whitsell seems to talk business.

Going to need to know how much coin you are putting down for this onlyme. This will determine what kind of gems you get and their rarity.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn and amber walk into the local house of I'll repute... Ladies, its the end of the world and we have a request! :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:Flynn and amber walk into the local house of I'll repute... Ladies, its the end of the world and we have a request! :)
Oh geez :lol: is that what you are really going to spend your piles of gold on? You've turned Amberlynn into quite the lil' naughty witch, haven't you? :lol:

Your lecherous actions may have reprecussions down the road, just so you know 8-) ... even if only in good humor.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by tooleychris »

NO NO! ALL IN JEST! :)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:
The OSRIC guide just gives a basic price for an empty chest, no mention of different sizes. To satisfy the Jeweler's want's, Whitsell knows for a fact that he can purchase such a chest at the general store, lock and key will cost a little extra but it may win over the Jeweler and give you a bonus. The total cost for those items alone would be 25 gp, roughly.

"Just one big enough to carry most of my wares. Got to save my business if I am to leave this place, yeah?" The jeweler's eyes brighten up as Whitsell seems to talk business.

Going to need to know how much coin you are putting down for this onlyme. This will determine what kind of gems you get and their rarity.

Whitsell will look to secure a chest for him...
He has 243gp, was thinking 200 worth of jewelry, if it truly looks to be a bargain.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:
Rukellian wrote:

Whitsell will look to secure a chest for him...
He has 243gp, was thinking 200 worth of jewelry, if it truly looks to be a bargain.
Upon recieving the chest, the jeweler is quick to pack up his wares and lays out what he can't fit on the cloth mat. A lot of the gems look fake, even to the ignorant eye, but Whitsell believes that there are a few that would be worth trading his coin for, mainly the ones that did not shatter or chip when thrown against the nearby wall. Out of the collection, he selects a fancy looking stone, four semi-precious looking ones, and ten stones that would look good as ornaments (all together valued at 200 gp on average, a very good deal considering they are all half off!).

The merchant smiles, raising his eyebrow as Whitsell makes sure he is not being ripped off while going through the stones. "You surprise me boy! Didn't think you would weed out all of the fakes like that." He laughs a genuine laugh and hoists up his chest of wares, getting ready to leave his wretched looking stand for good. He quickly grabs the coin when offered and deposits it in a satchel tied closely to his waist.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote: Out of the collection, he selects a fancy looking stone, four semi-precious looking ones, and ten stones that would look good as ornaments (all together valued at 200 gp on average, a very good deal considering they are all half off!).
Assuming the jeweler left and abandoned the remaining items, Whitsell will separately take several of the fake/unknown gems and keep separated.
If there is anything else around that he might see from what the jeweler didnt pack? any stones left in drawers, etc?

Once completed his transactions and treasure hunt, Whitsell will head back to the crowd awaiting the destruction.
He will toss the fake gems to the crowd, complements of the jeweler.

kinda hoping that some folks will notice the fakes and adjust the jeweler's attitude a bit...

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”