Chpt. 2: In the Palace

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chpt. 2: In the Palace

#381 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "I think that would be most wise."
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by tkrexx »

Flint, still holding one hand to his head, nods at the comment, only half considering it. By the Deity of Sleep and Dreams, what has happened to my mind?? He suddenly blurts. This book, he seems to gather himself somewhat, may be of some insight into the thoughts of those in charge of such an artifact.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by tkrexx »

Honnilee begins nosing around in typical Halfling fashion. Trying to find hidden things is so much more interesting than rifling thru those already known.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Zhym »

Andover tries to sneak a peek at "The Naughty Alienist and the Surprisingly Turgid Tentacle" when no one is looking. Seeing no other tomes of potential interest to a ranger, he eyes the doorway to the stacks warily. "We were planning to rest before this battle, weren't we?" he asks. "Maybe we should retire to a more secure room and get that rest before we stir up anything else."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Grognardsw »

The Fellowship of Law searches the library reading room. Books are perused, some taken. The mages look at the artifact tome. It dates back 250 years. It would take many hours to read, but a quick run-through shows it concerns the legends behind artifacts, their alleged construction and enchantments, and the great mages and demi-gods behind them. There is no reference to the Runestaff, but the magic users recall from Count Brass that its presence on this plane was a recent occurrence.

Whispering Flint has the reputed journal of Sir Erykose. This may make good reading for the night.

Honnilee the hobbit searches for concealed doors, compartments and other hidden secrets. The room yields none. But the enterprising halfling does spot an unusual sight when peering through the archway into the library stacks: twinkling stars in what must be a glass or open roof. She would have to enter the room to determine exactly.

Andover's eyebrows raise as he reads an erotic poem involving a ship of vestal virgins caught at sea by a lascivious octopus. The story climaxes are many. The ranger then turns his attention to the safest location to camp on this second night in the palace. The closest locations are the throne room, the secret parlor chamber behind the thrones, the trophy room, and the library reading room.

It is about 7:30 pm. The adventurers are hungry and drained after the long day of exploration and fighting.

Innana
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#386 Post by Innana »

GreyWolfVT wrote:"Don't mind me I'm an odd sort I'm one of the few dwarves that enjoys a good book. I've tried to leave the mage like books based upon title for the taking if anyone is interested in any of the books I snatched in my moments of interest just let me know and I'll gladly share it."
"Let's have a look at the fifty shades of grey", Raquinel squats down next to Bjorn as he sorts through his collection. Bjorn hands over the book, but his grip seems a little long on the release. Raquinel smiles a little. "I think we may have found your weakness Bjorn". Raquinel opens the book and glances through the book, and finds something interesting, and looses herself in the page.
Eulalios wrote:"Well, I could leave it here for now," Idwillen says. "Pick it up on the way out, if possible. But maybe before we continue our search, we ought to review this treatise on the Dangers of Artifacts. Ianin, Flint, Raquinel, what do you think?"
Raquinel still interested in the book, looks over to idwillen, Indeed, perhaps it may help us figure out what is of importance, and what we should not touch". Raquinel looks around the room, "or help us figure out what we can cast burning sphere on without too much regret."
Innana Sureblade - level 3 fighter - In Search of Adventure
Raquinel Raialis - level 3 magic-user - War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess

GreyWolfVT

#387 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn with great remorse for his having to leave good books behind to rot leaves a good number of the books stacked on the floor as he and Ranquinel read on.

Books Bjorn is leaving behind

The Magic of Cooking by Altus Brown
The Peeping Tom's Guide to Divination
How To Use A Sword Vol. 1: "Where To Put The Pointy End"
A Herbalist's Primer by Dethrus the Sage. (Given to Idwillen)
Lives of the Ancient Nobles by Neptarch
Covens and Caverns: Leaving Civilization Behind by Adybus Notchward

Only keeping 3 can I carry that many?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#388 Post by NJWilliam »

Ianin, Magic-User

Ianin calls his familiar Oscar back to his side, from where it leaps up onto his shoulder.
A look of comes over Ianin as if he just remembered something, and he turns to fish through his backpack.
Triumphant, he pulls out a large empty sack that he holds out at arms length. "I've a sack here for whoever wants it to carry some of these tomes with us!"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

GreyWolfVT

#389 Post by GreyWolfVT »

"Ha ha Lanin you are my new best friend." Bjorn says with a huge smile as he happily goes over to Lanin to use the large sack to place the books in. "Been thinkin of startin up my own little library back home you know." ;) with that he winks and walks back over to his stack of book and starts to put just the real important sounding books in the sack. How many can a large sack hold DM?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#390 Post by greyarea »

Shen notes that, I will leaf through books here but take none with me. The knowledge they contain may be useful but their weight is not for our quest. We must free ourselves from attachments so that we can better align with the healing power of Law.

Innana
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#391 Post by Innana »

Raquinel the Sorceress:
GreyWolfVT wrote:"Ha ha Lanin you are my new best friend." Bjorn says with a huge smile as he happily goes over to Lanin to use the large sack to place the books in. "Been thinkin of startin up my own little library back home you know." ;) with that he winks and walks back over to his stack of book and starts to put just the real important sounding books in the sack. How many can a large sack hold DM?
Raquinel closes the book, and holds it out straight in front of her, and turns her head sideways. Raquinel squints her eyes,"I might be able to carry this one." Raquinel opens her top, and tries to fit it into her corset. She pulls it back out, and re-examines the book.Hmmm. She opens up her bag, and squeezes it into her pack. "Already learned a few things from Miss Black here, reading her book of shadows. Hate to leave this behind without giving it a good look through first."
Raquinel Raialis - level 3 magic-user - War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by tkrexx »

Flint agrees with Bjorn's pity about leaving the library. Truly, I could spend an age assessing the vast knowledge that could be found here. But I am a mystic without spells, and my performance against that wraith was worse than useless. What power I am allowed I must regain.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by tkrexx »

Ignoring the conversation to her rear, Honnilee follows her inquisitive nature to see if there are really stars shining thru the roof. Of course carelessness is a foreign concept to her, so she will conduct safety protocol throughout her search, and never be out of shouting distance.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Grognardsw »

Honnilee the hobbit peeks through the archway. The library stacks...

The shelves are empty. Through the glass dome ceiling, which has many holes, stars twinkle high in the night sky. A gibbeous moon shines. Part of a tower can be seen; judging from the location it is in the southwest corner.

The disturbing part of the room is the large sphere in the middle, from which an eye watches Honnilee. It occasionally blinks.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#395 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn walks over to the sphere with the eye in and and examines the eye and has a slight tempt for some reason to poke the eye. "Most unusual yet intriguing." Bjorn does refrain from poking the eye at least with his finger anyways. "Anyone have a stick or pole?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Zhym »

Andover yawns. "I'm exhausted," he says. "Can we please find an easily-guarded spot and get a good night's rest before we go poking something in the eye?"

Innana
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#397 Post by Innana »

Raquinel the Sorceress:

"Correction, I do believe it is poking the eye with something, rather than poking something in the eye." I do agree with Andover, I am quite exhausted, nothing like birthing the Date Reapers monsters to drain ones power." I am all for resting up, although I don't know how well I can slumber knowing that the eye knows we are here."

Raquinel looks around he room for any cozy corners."
Raquinel will memorize magic missile, knock, and protection from evil
Last edited by Innana on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GreyWolfVT

#398 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bjorn "I'm sorry I am able to fascinate myself with so many things I too could stand to rest. Shall we go back out to the original planned resting area?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by tkrexx »

Wherever, is Flint's only response. It's obvious more than just his spell list is drained, and he's ready to flop down almost anywhere.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by tkrexx »

I don't like that eye, Honnilee reveals her discomfort. I don't think I could get any rest with that thing watching me.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”