Chapter 3: The truth lies in the mountain...

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 3: The truth lies in the mountain...

#281 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon tries again to whack the bandit leader unconscious with the hilt of his sword but misses. Perhaps the gods only favor killing strokes.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell will look around and confirm no hidden bandits joining the fray. He will look to see if his plate wearing "indentured" is still around and alive.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn will continue to parry, not wanting to unfairly tip the scales, even against this ruffian.
"Yield, dog!" he taunts. "Higher purpose or no, you are bested!"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by Rukellian »

Still waiting on you NJWilliam. You still interested in playing with us?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#285 Post by NJWilliam »

Rukellian wrote:Still waiting on you NJWilliam. You still interested in playing with us?
Sorry, I thought all was resolved but for 8 Finga Joe which Gustov wasn't involved in.

Gustov watches the bandit prisoner while the 8 Finga Joe conflict finishes.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Rukellian »

NJWilliam wrote:
Rukellian wrote:Still waiting on you NJWilliam. You still interested in playing with us?
Sorry, I thought all was resolved but for 8 Finga Joe which Gustov wasn't involved in.

Gustov watches the bandit prisoner while the 8 Finga Joe conflict finishes.
The reason why I asked was because the other adventurers, including the city guard, are not seeing eye to eye with your character. They are on the verge of just eliminating the bandit instead of taking him prisoner. I was going to give you some time to say something about this situation, but if you are fine with the way things are going on your end.... I can provide my update.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by onlyme »

If Whitsell is close enough to the prisoner, he will intervene.
Speaking to the bandit, in as friendly a tone as possible...
Ok, man. You can hear what they want to do to you, and I spect it might take more than you or him or I can do to stop it. But, your only chance is to start talking and talking a lot.

Sure, start with Are there any more men we need to know about? Any ideas where we can find the hidden stuff to return it to their owners?

And of course, if there are any strange things happening here or on the mountain that you think to mention... best be doing it now...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by Rukellian »

Only one battle rages on in the camp now, 8-Finga Joe, now versus Hal, Flynn and Deceidon. Deceidon tries to attack from behind again but fails as the bandit leader's footwork continues to elude him. Hal is able to get back up on his feet and swallows his pride as he reluctantly says this to everyone engaged in battle: "Just... don't get in the way of my attacks." Flynn continues to parry the incoming attacks with ease, even performing a riposte with one of them! (go ahead and roll for your free attack)
"Yield, dog!" he taunts. "Higher purpose or no, you are bested!"

8-Finga Joe just spits into Flynn's face, giving him his answer. "This is a fight to the death boy, you best attack that bandit like you mean it or your luck will run out soon!" The captain shouts as he brings his blade down upon Joe. He cuts deep, but the bandit leader still remains standing, even after all the punishment he has gone through.

Meanwhile, Gustov ties up the last remaining bandit for interrogation and Whitsell makes it clear what choices the bandit now has, politely of course. "Ok, man. You can hear what they want to do to you, and I spect it might take more than you or him or I can do to stop it. But, your only chance is to start talking and talking a lot.

Sure, start with Are there any more men we need to know about? Any ideas where we can find the hidden stuff to return it to their owners?

And of course, if there are any strange things happening here or on the mountain that you think to mention... best be doing it now..."

Laywin's and Mial's blades glint in the light of the eversun as they are held, pointing towards the tied up bandit. "Our friend here is MUCH more lenient then us! You will not get another chance like this, speak!"

"There were some that went into the mountains to dig something up. They haven't come back so we don't know what happened to them, honest!

The hidden stuff is in the room with the moutain of gold, in the tunnel you guys came out of! None have been able to escape this place, the sun always shines, and our leader has been paranoid about finding something in the mountain. That's all I know!!"
The bandit is now sweating bullets as the men who are pointing swords at him have not changed their demeanor in the slightest.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn, not wanting to over come the man with an unfair advantage, parries the villians blow causing him to over extend and bringing him in close. Flynn uses the opportunity to try and club his head with the guard of his rapier.
"This has become foolishness. You are bested!"
Rapier to hit roll [1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13 Damage [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon's eyes go cold. He reverses his blade to its proper deadly position.

"Enough talk then," utters Deceidon. He slices the bandit leader.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by Rukellian »

Grognardsw wrote:Deceidon tries again to whack the bandit leader unconscious with the hilt of his sword but misses. Perhaps the gods only favor killing strokes.
:twisted: Yes, killing suits your character much better! :lol:

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:

"There were some that went into the mountains to dig something up. They haven't come back so we don't know what happened to them, honest!

The hidden stuff is in the room with the moutain of gold, in the tunnel you guys came out of! None have been able to escape this place, the sun always shines, and our leader has been paranoid about finding something in the mountain. That's all I know!!"
The bandit is now sweating bullets as the men who are pointing swords at him have not changed their demeanor in the slightest.
Whitsell looks at the others and to the bandit.

Man, want to believe you. How many men went to dig? and what is it up there that is so important? please hurry, these folks don't look as convinced as me...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by Rukellian »

Hey tooley, don't forget to post your actions and or rolls for this round, the free attack was for the last one.

----

Do you have anything to add or want to do with Gustov, NJWilliam? If not, I will just continue things like normal.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn will not fight 3 to 1 and continues to parry

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Rukellian »

I will move things along tomorrow afternoon/evening. If Gustov wants to do or say anything during this time, this will be his chance to do so. The battle with 8-Finga Joe is almost coming to an end, keep up the good work guys!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Rukellian »

The fight still wages on as 8-Finga Joe holds his ground against two attackers. Flynn stays on the defensive, his honor as a swordsman not allowing him to strike an outnumbered man; however, Joe stops his assault on Flynn and directs his attention to the annoying little pest behind him, Deceidon. The attacks between Hal, Deceidon and Joe are simultaneous. With a sweep of his blade, 8-Finga Joe parries Hal's longsword, swings it around and slashes Deceidon, all in one swing, but not without feeling Deceidon's blade as well! Though the cut was not deep, the warrior thief could still feel Joe's attack slice through his layer of leather, dealing -1 points of damage, but the bandit leader faired far worse.

The constant punishment the leader has been taking is finally starting to show. 8-Finga Joe staggers back and clutches to his side. His breathing is now heavy, but his sword arm is still at the ready, his fist clenched around the blade's hilt. His eyes are that of a man facing death head on, a fiery spirit that Deceidon recognizes as a man's final gambit. A few solid sword blows past the plate mail will take the man down, if you can manage to land them...
onlyme wrote:
Rukellian wrote:

Whitsell looks at the others and to the bandit.

Man, want to believe you. How many men went to dig? and what is it up there that is so important? please hurry, these folks don't look as convinced as me...
The bandit's lips are extremely loose as he tries to talk his way out of certain death. "Fourteen at the least, maybe more.... I wasn't keepin track to be honest. The boss wouldn't say, it was a secret between him and the lieutenant, but the lieutenant is dead now." The bandit then hesitates and seriously considers whether he should speak his next thought... the glint of the blades gave him his answer.

"The item 8-Finga Joe seeks, some rumors are going around that it is... magical." You could tell that even speaking the word sends fear down the bandit's spine; he is but one of the many of thousands who fear magic and dare not discuss it casually.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon steps back apace as Joe's blade slices him. He growls and ups the ante by drawing his dagger in his second hand. He swings the sword and thrusts with the dagger. The sword is deflected again by Joe's armor. The dagger cuts through but Deceidon is unsure if it pierced skin.
Sword Attack [1d20] = 3, damage s/m [1d8] = 2, damage L [1d12] = 3
Dagger Attack [1d20] = 19, S/L Damage [1d4] = 1, L Damage [1d3] = 3
Dual hand minuses weren't in the macro, not that it matters for the sword. The dagger is 16 I think, perhaps a hit.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote: The bandit's lips are extremely loose as he tries to talk his way out of certain death. "Fourteen at the least, maybe more.... I wasn't keepin track to be honest. The boss wouldn't say, it was a secret between him and the lieutenant, but the lieutenant is dead now." The bandit then hesitates and seriously considers whether he should speak his next thought... the glint of the blades gave him his answer.

"The item 8-Finga Joe seeks, some rumors are going around that it is... magical." You could tell that even speaking the word sends fear down the bandit's spine; he is but one of the many of thousands who fear magic and dare not discuss it casually.
Whitsell gasps as such unmentionables. It was wise for you to warn us. Now as for you... What part do you play here ? Tell me honestly, did you take part in any stealing? and if so, would you know what items belong to what families? I can't promise a pardon from these men. But, honesty will be treated with much better than cowardly lies. That I can promise.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by Rukellian »

The group continues its assult on 8-Finga Joe, not wanting let up. Deceidon is quick to strike but is only able to scrape Joe's skin dealing minor damage with the dagger in this off hand. Flynn maintains his defensive stance, successfully parrying Joe's first attack, but then his stance breaks after his free riposte strike, taking some damage from Joe's Longsword (-3 damage, yes... he broke through your AC of 0, he is a level 8 fighter you know, all it takes is a good roll on my end.)

Hal closes in for the attack after Flynn gets sliced, hoping to end the battle soon. With longsword arcing from above he brings it down on the bandit leader, but it is all for show as he misses his first attack! The captain is quick to follow up on his miss though as his sword barely scrapes past the plate mail, much like Deceidon's dagger, dealing only minor damage. (Depending on how effective Flynn's Riposte attack was, 8-Finga Joe could very well be down for the count now, after this round.)
onlyme wrote:
Rukellian wrote: The bandit's lips are extremely loose as he tries to talk his way out of certain death. "Fourteen at the least, maybe more.... I wasn't keepin track to be honest. The boss wouldn't say, it was a secret between him and the lieutenant, but the lieutenant is dead now." The bandit then hesitates and seriously considers whether he should speak his next thought... the glint of the blades gave him his answer.

Whitsell gasps as such unmentionables. It was wise for you to warn us. Now as for you... What part do you play here ? Tell me honestly, did you take part in any stealing? and if so, would you know what items belong to what families? I can't promise a pardon from these men. But, honesty will be treated with much better than cowardly lies. That I can promise.
The captive bandit just nods his head in response, willing to do just about anything now to gain his freedom, and most importantly, keep his life. "I stole yes, mostly food and drink though. I can show you where we keep the stuff, but I think you guys already found all of it... the other stuff I know nothin' about. I will help bring it all back though, just don't kill me!" The poor man is on the verge of tears now, unsightly to say the least, but at least he sounds genuine in his responses.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn tries to spins with Joes attack, not wanting to kill the man, but fails his dodge and winces in pain.
"Youve bloodied my shirt! Damnit man! We didn't want to kill you! Last chance to yield before you feel the steel of an artist!"
Rapier to hit roll [1d20+7] = 1+7 = 8 Damage [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”