25. Split Left (Epsilon, Ewell and Kendrick)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 25. Split Left (Epsilon, Ewell and Kendrick)

#21 Post by wolfpack »

be careful they could be circling us to come in the other entrance in a pincer move. that or in guarding their young they will not leave the cave they are in.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by onlyme »

Either way we would be trapped... At least this way, we can hold off the group we know of. My assumptions based on what we should know...
There arent too many more males left. if there were, they would have cleaned up their mess. My guess is that these are females for that reason.
there are similar qty of females to males in a trog lair, so around 24 (since we killed 24 males). we killed 6. There should be 18-19 more females somewhere, guarding their young. What we dont know is if there are more males, adding same increase in females. Or if any of the first 24 were females, decreasing that # of females left by 2x.

Thoughts?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by wolfpack »

I think we need to make a defensive stand here, if we charge into the open they can surround us. we may need to have darrin watch the other entrance while we guard the one we are standing at.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:There arent too many more males left. if there were, they would have cleaned up their mess. My guess is that these are females for that reason.
there are similar qty of females to males in a trog lair, so around 24 (since we killed 24 males). we killed 6. There should be 18-19 more females somewhere, guarding their young. What we dont know is if there are more males, adding same increase in females. Or if any of the first 24 were females, decreasing that # of females left by 2x.
Getting a little meta-gamey here. Not to fuel the fire, but while your logic/math is correct, some of the assumptions you've made are not.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by wolfpack »

regardless of male or female its a numbers game. we want to kep them from surrounding us and getting multiple of them attacking one person. we need to keep a defensible position.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

wolfpack wrote:regardless of male or female its a numbers game. we want to kep them from surrounding us and getting multiple of them attacking one person. we need to keep a defensible position.
Totally agree. See Zhym's suggested approach, which I think is the smartest way to handle them. That allows 3 of us fighting one, maybe 2 at a time.
Zhym wrote:Kendrick wasn't suggesting running away, merely taking the superior tactical position. This:

Code: Select all

______
 /      \
/        \
          \        
          |
        Ep|
      Ew b1\ 
   ____Ke/\b2\__
           \b3 \____
           /b4      \__
          /  b5        \____
        _/                  \
       /                    |
      /                     |
     /                       \
    |                         |
    |                         |
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

maybe orek could take the front line and epsilon can stand back and cast his last hold person.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by onlyme »

ok. I just realized the page flipped on me yesterday without my reading the previous DM summary.
So, these are larger (probably male ) trogs. I stand corrected in the assumptions from yesterday.
Maybe we could stategically try to flank them, by letting the dustdevil sit in that opening, and we take off back where we came from?

Run the risk of getting trapped if we meet into more of them, but also have the possibility of running into Gwilt/Grim and/or Strom and CO...

Ewell should be able to take care of two of them, maybe 3... no one else is really able to withstand a long battle...
how many CLWs do we have left, combined?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Round 3

#29 Post by dmw71 »

Looking to minimize the risk of being targeted by further javelin tosses, Ewell settles in against the cavern wall on the far side of the cavern while Kendrick and Epsilon move off to the other side of the entrance.

"What can I do?" asks Darrin, the recently recovered young apprentice who's still visibly worse for wear as he stands weakly at O'rek's side.

---

The creatures can be heard in the adjoining chamber, but there doesn't appear to be any immediate sense of urgency to abandon their current position to engage.

Code: Select all

______
 /      \
/        \
          \  
 Da      w|
  Or     E| 
     Ep    \  
   ____Ke/\ \__
           \   \____

---

Moving to round 4.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by wolfpack »

Perhaps we should go back and tke a tunnel branch to try and come at them from another angle, or wait for the rest of the group to join us.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Zhym »

wolfpack wrote:Perhaps we should go back and tke a tunnel branch to try and come at them from another angle, or wait for the rest of the group to join us.
Sounds good to me. If the other group ended up in a large room, it could probably use the reinforcements.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”