OOC

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#81 Post by drpete »

The beast thing was giant (poisonous) centipede races down by the docks. There's also whatever Damiane found and various other things on the maps that might catch your interest. You can also spend time "hiring" if you want more henchmen/hirelings. Minos is on the run, so you can't stay here forever without somebody eventually coming for him, but it's not likely to be immediate.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#82 Post by Rodriguez »

I noticed that I had forgotten to put the proficiencies of my familar into Damianes char sheet...
I have a question regarding that:
Does it make sense to take Loremastery and Knowledge (History) or is it pretty much the same?
Can a familiar take the Language proficiency to be able to talk to other people?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by drpete »

The knowledge proficiency is more like real education in a subject, and it's a more reliable roll. Loremastery is less likely to hit, but more general... Legends and rumors, like a bard.

The familiar can't talk to anyone but you, but I guess it could spy in the other language. One thing I guess it can do is assist with alchemy. It can also use various power proficiencies, track, intimidate (though that's iffy for a cat, maybe) etc. Other options might include signalling, I guess, or prestidigitation.

granger44
Scout
Scout

#84 Post by granger44 »

Lucius would prefer to get away from Blackspell, even if it's only to do a trailblazing/scouting expedition towards the tomb or ruined city.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Todd Spengo »

Zaid is open. He's outdoor oriented so a trailblazing/scouting would be right up his alley.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#86 Post by Rodriguez »

-Loremastery
-Knowledge (Sinister Rituals)
-Knowledge (History)
-Collegiate Wizardry (Necromancy)
-Theology
are my selections for my familiar.

Will ask da snake for some hints but ruins or crypt sounds great.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by drpete »

Some things the snake knows about...

There's a strong alchemy tradition in the area, and he may be able to get you to the area where the "grandfather" of this tradition once lived, in the Irminsul Forest.

A great magical artificier created a wondrous magical staff. He was killed by a dragon, but his heirs still live. This man lived to the northeast.

The bay of Cayerva is named after an ancient city that us now "under" the bay.

Sotur was destroyed in a battle between dragon princes, and is under a curse. It is filled with amazingly valuable magic.

I'll fill these out with some more info, and add some more, but

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by drpete »

Hey folks! I've decided to add an extra player to the game. Hopefully, this will give you some extra firepower, and help you with deciding what you would like to do. Please welcome Lamech!

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#89 Post by Lamech »

Oh hey, the henchwoman, do her stats need to be done still and am I expected to help generate her? Also she should probably get a name...
I ask because I see it done different ways in different games, and I want to make sure we didn't forget something. (I do that a lot.)

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by Rodriguez »

First: Welcome aboard Lamech!

Second: Now that we soon have a Bladedancer with a Priestess in our group I think the Crypt is the best thing to tackle next!

granger44
Scout
Scout

#91 Post by granger44 »

Welcome, Lamech.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#92 Post by Lamech »

Rodriguez wrote:First: Welcome aboard Lamech!

Second: Now that we soon have a Bladedancer with a Priestess in our group I think the Crypt is the best thing to tackle next!
Eh... maybe, but turn undead doesn't kill them so you still need a way to put them down. And past ghouls we are a bit lacking in that department. And any screw up is a serious problem too.

Still if we don't have any better ideas I'm all for it! :D
Edit: Actually we have a treasure map? Hmm... that's really tempting. We could hit the loot pile and sneak away. Maybe one undead encounter. Make sure we have detect undead running. Still it could go really badly.

The other ideas would be heading up Damkina with a bunch of trade goods and hoping for a profit, or the ruined city.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#93 Post by Rodriguez »

Yes but they don't fight back which can't be said about other treasure hoarding nasties...;)
I say we are well equipped with 3 turning and one half level control attempt to tackle crypts.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by Rodriguez »

The problem with Damkina or the ruins ist that we don't know what will await us .

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by drpete »

By way of information, you know that the "jutting peakes" mentioned in the map are in the vicinity of Damkina, and Damkina is about 200 miles away, along a river system to the west of here. Nothing has made it up or down the river recently, though, so that may present an obstacle. A rough map of the area is in the maps thread, which also shows some other points of interest that you came here knowing about. The scale is 6 miles to a hex.

The hex map shows areas members of the group have personal knowledge of. I'll update it to include Phoebe's knowledge, but it'll take a little while.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#96 Post by Lamech »

Very true. Also we should probably stock up on Holy Water.

Oh yeah, on Phoebe's person knowledge. There is a nearby village having orc trouble. And who doesn't love saving people from orcs?

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by Rodriguez »

One thing Lamech: could you maybe exchange the cart for transport saddles and bags? I think we have a lot of wilderness travel before us and a cart will have some problems getting through.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#98 Post by Lamech »

That's probably a good idea. I just grabbed something big and went with it. So I could try and skip all the calculations. On that note... TO THE MARKET!
Or the GM could just let me switch it. Either way time to go add up the stones...
Edit: Counted up the mass, its like 51 total+rations The horses can carry that with saddlebags and stuff. (Or and I jetisoned most of the torches.)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by drpete »

Yeah, you can just switch it out... You'd know that carts are hard to use out here for long distance travel, since there's nothing like a network of roads. At best, there are signposts or landmarks that people use, or brief stretches of ancient road not terribly good for cart travel.

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Todd Spengo »

Welcome Lamech!

Return to “Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands)”