Group Coordination

Should we put a limit on number of henchmen, either starting off and/or in play?

No henchmen
20%
Limit one per player, period
No votes
Limit one per player to start, group approval for future hires
40%
Limit one per player to start, we'll discuss in play later
No votes
Limit two per player, period
No votes
Limit two per player to start, group approval later
No votes
Limit two per player to start, discuss more later
20%
No limit
20%

Total votes: 5

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Group Coordination

#1 Post by drpete »

OK, so here's a place to discuss plans, either starting out or as we move along. I've started it with a poll
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

The-Dungeon-Shaker
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Group Coordination

#2 Post by The-Dungeon-Shaker »

Thanks...

My vote:

Limit one per player to start, group approval for future hires.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Zhym »

I prefer a system with "group henchmen" and "personal henchmen," where the former are paid for and supported by the group and the latter are paid for and supported (in GP and XP) by the individual PC. In this system, the number of personal henchmen would be limited only by charisma and the player's willingness to split the character's GP and XP with henchmen. Group henchmen would be limited only by the group's ability to agree on hiring them (though I imagine each group henchman would have to be assigned to a character for max henchmen purposes).

Of the options listed, I think that one henchman per person with unanimous group approval of any more is the best compromise.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Rodriguez »

Zhym wrote:I prefer a system with "group henchmen" and "personal henchmen," where the former are paid for and supported by the group and the latter are paid for and supported (in GP and XP) by the individual PC. In this system, the number of personal henchmen would be limited only by charisma and the player's willingness to split the character's GP and XP with henchmen. Group henchmen would be limited only by the group's ability to agree on hiring them (though I imagine each group henchman would have to be assigned to a character for max henchmen purposes).

Of the options listed, I think that one henchman per person with unanimous group approval of any more is the best compromise.

I...
Actually I ccould live with that system!
My thieves get paid out of my pocket 100% in all regard and the AP is the "free" Henchmen I get.

Considering someone voted "No Henchmen" I dont ever see us having any "Group Henchmen" ever but who knows...

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by drpete »

Here's how well handle it... The group wants to limit the number of hangers on, so the "party" consists of PCs and up to one henchman. XP for whoever travels with the group on adventures will be split according to the base rules. When you want to split treasure, you can figure out whether you give them a share from group coffers. If they don't prove an asset to the party, snub them and their boss, and let him/her pay out of pocket/personal shares. Feeling like they are in a band that doesn't want them will impact Morale, and they may be more likely to leave.

There's nothing preventing someone from having other henchmen, but they are apparently not welcome on the expedition, and they won't travel with the party, unless you change your minds. They can hang out in the starting "city" or be sent on their own missions. They won't siphon group resources.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Return to “Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands)”