23. Right Branch (Strom, Aric, Shan, Fim, Kaltar only)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 23. Right Branch (Strom, Aric, Shan, Fim, Kaltar only)

#121 Post by Rukellian »

Assuming that the others will join Kaltar in finishing the last spotted swamp beast (I know.... assuming can be sometimes dangerous), Fimmion will help Shannigans with Strom, knowing that now would be the time to help seeing as how the fighting in that area is over. "I can help carry him out. I will lift him by the torso, can you get his legs?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by saalaria »

Kaltar aims to finish the beast quickly:

Mace Action To Hit [1d20] = 15 Dam [1d6+1] = 3+1 = 4

And indeed strikes a solid blow.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Rounds 11/7

#123 Post by dmw71 »

Off to the side, the persistent troglodyte lunges at Kaltar with its javelin with the worst of intentions and narrowly misses what likely would have been a debilitating, if not fatal blow. Instead, the cleric catches the swamp beast off-guard and thumps it with his mace sending the creature reeling. An instant later, the Aric arrives behind Kaltar and looks for a way to get around the cleric and get his hands -- or his steel -- on the lizard-like beast.

---

"Oh no, the paladin is going into sweats, too." Shannigans calls. "We gotta get him to a clean rest area." the halfling finishes as he wipes the forehead, neck and face of the man, and is relieved when Fimmion arrives behind him, looking to help. "I can help carry him out. I will lift him by the torso, can you get his legs?" the chef asks the halfling. The pair prepare to begin moving the armored warrior.

---

Code: Select all

_________
                                          /       
               _____                     /         
               __   \           ________/    
                 \   \         /       Sh st Fi    
                  \   \       /Ar*_____        
                   |   \_____/Ka*/     \      __    
                   |         p2*/       \____/  \___
                   |    _______/                    
                   /   /
                  /   / 

---

Rolls:
R11 | Initiative: Players [1d10] = 10
---
R7 | Initiative: Troglodytes [1d10] = 1, Players [1d10] = 9
R7 | p2 vs Kaltar (14+): [1d20] = 13, [2d4] = 7

---

End of round 7. Need action for round 8.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by Stonjuz »

Continues with the carry. Hopefully, the same direction that we came in.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by saalaria »

Can I easily switch with Aric Dave? Ie without incurring a free attack?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:Continues with the carry. Hopefully, the same direction that we came in.
Fimmion follows the same course of action, carefully matching his pace of speed with Shannigans. "There might still be a swamp beast left over there, best be careful rounding the corner."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#127 Post by Stonjuz »

"This ...man is.... quite.... the load...... Feels..... like he... is made of ....stone..... A stone load...... Loadstone..... Heehee."
Shannigans plays with the words as they roll from the tongue until he is overcome with his strenuous strength assignments, stopping and starting, pushing and pulling the paladin out.
8-)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:"This ...man is.... quite.... the load...... Feels..... like he... is made of ....stone..... A stone load...... Loadstone..... Heehee."
Shannigans plays with the words as they roll from the tongue until he is overcome with his strenuous strength assignments, stopping and starting, pushing and pulling the paladin out.
8-)
:lol: you just didn't.... that was too funny! Sorry Strom, no offense of course.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#129 Post by Computer +1 »

Stonjuz wrote:"This ...man is.... quite.... the load...... Feels..... like he... is made of ....stone..... A stone load...... Loadstone..... Heehee."
8-)
Hahahah awesome!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#130 Post by dmw71 »

saalaria wrote:Can I easily switch with Aric Dave? Ie without incurring a free attack?
No, not easily. Even if Aric weren't right behind you, Kaltar is at the wrong end of the passageway to "escape" without continued attention from the troglodyte he's facing.
Stonjuz wrote:Continues with the carry. Hopefully, the same direction that we came in.
The way you came in is where Kaltar is battling the troglodyte, so I'll assume you won't be going this way. Given this, I will need to know what and where you will be doing.
-- Project --
-- DM --

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by saalaria »

Sensing help coming but feeling unable to easily move to take advantage of it, Kaltar continues to fight:
And we will have to stay in suspense as dice roller producing 0s so I think broken for now...

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by saalaria »

Have you really just done that Grog??I don't believe you have any chance of hitting the trog - at least from what I am reading from Dave's posts. Most likely you will decapitate Kaltar!

My roll for earlier post:

Mace Action To Hit [1d20] = 13 Dam [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Grognardsw »

saalaria wrote:Have you really just done that Grog??I don't believe you have any chance of hitting the trog - at least from what I am reading from Dave's posts. Most likely you will decapitate Kaltar!

My roll for earlier post:

Mace Action To Hit [1d20] = 13 Dam [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

These barbarians :roll: Kaltar's aware of Aric behind him, per the earlier post, so ducking shouldn't be a problem. Aric wouldn't really swing if you're still there, though it doesn't state so.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Round 8

#135 Post by dmw71 »

Kaltar and the remaining troglodyte continue to battle; their actions taking place simultaneously. Neither is able to land a meaningful blow. Behind Kaltar, Aric yells for the cleric to duck (you two can coordinate this -- or not -- for next round).

Shannigans and Fimmion, with Strom lifted, debate where the move the fallen warrior.

---

Code: Select all

_________
                                          /       
               _____                     /         
               __   \           ________/    
                 \   \         /       Sh st Fi    
                  \   \       /Ar*_____        
                   |   \_____/Ka*/     \      __    
                   |         p2*/       \____/  \___
                   |    _______/                    
                   /   /
                  /   / 

---

I will need actions for round 9.

---

Rolls:
R8 | Initiative: Troglodytes [1d10] = 4, Players [1d10] = 1
R8 | p2 vs Kaltar (14+): [1d20] = 4, [2d4] = 6
-- Project --
-- DM --

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#136 Post by Computer +1 »

Strom is totally out, right?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Rukellian »

Edited to reflect DM's response.
Last edited by Rukellian on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#138 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:Strom is totally out, right?
Yes, he is completely unconscious.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#139 Post by Grognardsw »

Aric reins in his battle ire as he realizes the corridor is very tight. He waits to see if Kaltar ducks or flattens himself against the side wall or does a backward somersalt under Aric's legs allowing the barbarian to attack.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rukellian »

Fimmion can still hear the sounds of battle just around the corner as Shannigans pauses to catch his breath. "It seems too risky to try and squeeze Strom through there.... Would you be up to exploring the rest of this room to see if there is another passage out?"

"Scouting seems to be easier for you than lifting heavy things anyways," the chef muses as he props Strom up against a wall. "I would be willing to stay close and guard Strom if that were the case."

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”