Out of the Frying Pan...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of the Frying Pan...

#341 Post by Zhym »

Elvis looks at the blue light handheld thing. It seems he's figured out how it works and what it does, and yet he hasn't.

He asks Zengar for the contraption they found on the troublesome kids early in their adventure. He sets to work on figuring that one out:

Futz with stuff: [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 10

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:don't forget the alien pregnancy farm you found in the computer. Maybe lots of pringles ladies there! LOL
lol right.... :shock:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by tooleychris »

Zhym wrote:Elvis looks at the blue light handheld thing. It seems he's figured out how it works and what it does, and yet he hasn't.

He asks Zengar for the contraption they found on the troublesome kids early in their adventure. He sets to work on figuring that one out:

Futz with stuff: [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 5 [1d10] = 8 [1d10] = 3 [1d10] = 10
zengar tossed the device you found on the kids across this cargo bay when it started talking (when you first arrived ) and never retrieved it. This is what Abel is fiddling with now. Zengar also fled the ship after you guys blasted the corpses into retreat. He's not here.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Zhym »

In that case, Elvis fiddles with the things that look like communicators.

Does he know what the blue handheld thing does? My read from his rolls is that he should have figured it out, if it's a simple device, but I can't determine from that description what it actually does. If he needs more fiddling with it, please apply the most recent rolls to continuing to work with that thing.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Argennian »

tooleychris wrote:Abel manages quite a bit of success with the strange medallion and notices that while wearing it, if he concentrates on a specific language, it seems to change his thought patterns somewhat, and he speaks that language fluently!
A button, that must have been pressed by the former mage companion, seems to enter a direct translation mode. Another button sends a thin but wide beam of light from the bottom, like a barcode scanner in the before days.

When Abel discovers that he has figured out the device, at least in part, he excitedly turns and responds to Ragg when the wolfoid asks him if he's had any luck. "Yes! I can understand you! Can you understand me? My name is Abel. What's your name?"

The young mutant waits expectantly for Ragg's response and announces his findings to the others afterward. "Perhaps we can use this to scan the consoles or read any alien documents we find?"

tooleychris wrote:+800 XP. There are still obviously functions you haven't figured out. Feel free to roll again if you wish.
OOC: Woot! :P

I'll update my character sheet and also make a few more rolls to see if he can figure out any of it's other functions. Not sure how many will be needed, so I'll make another 5 rolls.

Attempt to learn about artifact: [1d10] = 1
Attempt to learn about artifact: [1d10] = 4
Attempt to learn about artifact: [1d10] = 8
Attempt to learn about artifact: [1d10] = 3
Attempt to learn about artifact: [1d10] = 1
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Ragg looks at Abel, "Why would I not understand you? Has something happened?" He thinks for a moment on Abels question, "I do not have this name, I am merely a hunter of my old pack, but the humans that I take missions from have called me Ragg, that will do."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Return to “April 2031”