Gil's Majik's man, mama.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Gil's Majik's man, mama.

#21 Post by Stonjuz »

In a cold unlocked cell, Gilnes sits, bound to a chair. His lip drips. Once. Then again his Elven blood pulses, this time through a smirking smile.
Inflaming his captors with the grin until a blue robed man, hood pulled over head, backhands the rogue again, not surprising Gil under the interrogating lights.
"I'll ask you once more, Who are your friends?"
Low, in shadow, our hero slowly draws the rope binding his feet across a sharp point at the base of the chair.
Escape now and fight, or wait till they leave?

Well done on the character sheet building....
Now, to get a story on how he came to be in such a fine place.

....Gil was at the Whistling Fish last night having a meal with the woman mentioned a few posts back.
She stormed off, angered that she could not convince the swashbuckler to settle down and
"put a ring on it"
Sharing in one of Benson's congratulatory rounds.
Mistaken for one of the party. Later he was kidnapped, taken into the sewers shortly after Talaseka was assualted

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Majik »

Sitting there in that cold unlocked cell, Gilnes smiles to himself as he turns his head to spit the blood collecting in his mouth. Bound to a chair, who knew practicing this very event would happen so soon in his freelance career? Testing his bonds (Escape Bonds 30%) he wonders if perhaps he should have spent more time practicing that… ‘No matter’ he thinks as he spits more blood, ‘the day is still young’.

Turning back to the blue robed man, he flashes his most winning smile at the interrogator in the blue robes [Appearance (18) Reaction Adjustment (+7)], "You are quite good at that. But I have many friends, admittedly most are women, but if you would perhaps tell me to whom you are referring…” Gil pauses to spit once more for emphasis, “I might be able to help.”

Escape now? Am I not waiting for the party?
In any event Gil will try to get more information from the man in blue as Gil works on the bonds holding him. Not to free himself, but to that point where a good tug (he has 16 muscle) will free him.

Buy the way, are his belongings there (Long sword being the most important)?
I hope the character sheet fine… I was trying to make a party member that equally balanced combat (missiles mostly) and non-combat skills that might help the party.

Back story:
....Gil was at the Whistling Fish trying to pick up a paladin? Ha-ha
Oh boy… a thief and a paladin… that could work. :p

So in context Gil really doesn’t know what this blue robed guy is talking about… what “friends” or even if he connected it to the bar or the woman. But being kidnapped and worse taken into the sewers would not be a great way to wake up in the morning.
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Majik »

Theiving skills:

PP: 40
OL: 95
FRT: 55
MS: 40
HS: 35
DN: 20
CW: 95
RL: 0
DM: 15
DI: 10
B: 20
ES: 30
Last edited by Majik on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote: Escape now? Am I not waiting for the party?
No, the party has no idea who or where you are.
Majik wrote:are his belongings there (Long sword being the most important)?
Everything except weapons is there. :twisted:
Majik wrote:....Gil was at the Whistling Fish trying to pick up a paladin?
No, not Talaseka. the woman mentioned was not relevant to the story .....yet.
Although Talaseka was rather attractive, that wasnt the one you were talking to.
A flirting glance in passing was what caused the wench breakup however. This may have led to being tied to the group also.
Majik wrote:Gil really doesn’t know what this blue robed guy is talking about… what “friends” or even if he connected it to the bar or the woman.
Correct, but he will assume it must be our group, since they are the only adventurers you have seen for awhile.
Benson Greystarr's name does come to mind, now that you mention it. 8-)
Benson won the Arena contest yesterday and was buying drinks, and getting drinks bought for him, all around the tavern.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Majik »

Ah, well..... in that case Gil will work on getting information from the blue robed man, whilst trying to make that man think that Gil was just a boy-toy caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If left alone, Gil will try to escape.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Majik »

Oh, keep in mind that Gil has a (Elf ability... Companion) ally.
Of course i'd prefer the elvin cat to the cooshee.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Stonjuz »

[1d100] = 92 [1d20] = 1 [1d10] = 1 [1d8] = 4 [1d6] = 1 [1d4] = 2 Now that's an intresting roll. :ugeek:
The cat sits at the point where your trail goes cold.
Majik wrote:Oh, keep in mind that Gil has a (Elf ability... Companion) ally.
Of course i'd prefer the elvin cat to the cooshee.
Since it is not a true familiar, but rather an animal you have 'picked up along the way', show us a picture.

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Majik »

Cat, Elven (name: LaFria) [La = Moon] [fria = hunter]

CLIMATE/TERRAIN Temperate forest
Temperate forest Rare
ORGANIZATION Solitary
ACTIVITY CYCLE Any
DIET Carnivore
INTELLIGENCE Semi- to low (2-7)
TREASURE Nil
ALIGNMENT Neutral
NO. APPEARING 1
ARMOR CLASS 4
MOVEMENT 18
HIT DICE 3+6
THAC0 17
NO. OF ATTACKS 3
DAMAGE/ATTACK See below
SPECIAL DEFENSES See below
MAGIC RESISTANCE 20%
MORALE Elite (13-14)

Combat:Cats are efficient hunters, moving with grace and stealth; opponents suffer a -3 penalty on surprise rolls. A cat's excellent senses and agility allows it to be surprised only on a 1 or 2. Its senses also allow it to hunt efficiently at night.
Cats attack with their claws and teeth; if they hit with front claws, they rake with rear claws. A domestic cat's claws and rake each count as only one attack, rather than one per claw.
Cats have retractable claws which can be extended for climbing or drawn in for speed. They are agile climbers and can scale or move in trees at half normal movement rate. They can leap great distances to avoid obstacles or spring onto prey.
Habitat/Society:Cats are common in settled regions. Many cultures keep them as pets, & they can be found in the homes of nobles and peasants alike. Some societies worship cats as divine beings, while other nations fear &hate them as the minions of evil.
Ecology:Cats are commonly used to control rodent populations, though some hunters use them to recover downed birds and other small prey.

Elven Cat
Cats kept by elves have evolved into magical creatures, possibly aided by arcane means. They are very intelligent & have their own language, & many can speak a crude form of the elven tongue. Some live with gnomes, brownies, or woodland creatures, & also speak a basic form of their keepers' language. Most have gray-brown fur with dark stripes.
Elven cats are very stealthy, imposing a -5 penalty to opponents' surprise rolls. They are surprised only on a 1. Elven cats have a 99.9% chance to move silently, & a 90% chance to hide in wilderness areas. They are excellent climbers, can leap 20 feet with ease, and enjoy swimming and playing in water.
Elven cats have magical abilities that they use to avoid enemies. They have limited ESPwhich is used to determine intent. They can use enlarge and trip once per day, and reduce and tree twice per day; for magical abilities, elven cats are treated as 9th-level spell-casters. Enlarge doubles an elven cat's Hit Dice and damage; tree allows it to assume the form of a tree's limb.
Attachments
Cute-Anime-Cat-Gif-.jpg
Cute-Anime-Cat-Gif-.jpg (147.73 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote:Cat, Elven : LaFria
Cats kept by elves have evolved into magical creatures, possibly aided by arcane means. They are very intelligent & have their own language, & many can speak a crude form of the elven tongue. Some live with gnomes, brownies, or woodland creatures, & also speak a basic form of their keepers' language. Most have gray-brown fur with dark stripes.
Elven cats are very stealthy, imposing a -5 penalty to opponents' surprise rolls. They are surprised only on a 1. Elven cats have a 99.9% chance to move silently, & a 90% chance to hide in wilderness areas. They are excellent climbers, can leap 20 feet with ease, and enjoy swimming and playing in water.
Elven cats have magical abilities that they use to avoid enemies. They have limited ESPwhich is used to determine intent. They can use enlarge and trip once per day, and reduce and tree twice per day; for magical abilities, elven cats are treated as 9th-level spell-casters. Enlarge doubles an elven cat's Hit Dice and damage; tree allows it to assume the form of a tree's limb
:o Seriously? :shock: I hate to disappoint but this cat wont be anywhere near that cool . Still want it?

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Majik »

Well... check out the dog then. Its much less cool, but it would be a sweet watch-dog.

Or, consider making the cat like a character with skills that come along in time.
I was basically just thinking of a thief needing a reliable look out when he is opeing up locks and stuff. ;)

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Majik »

I can't seem to find the info. on the dog (cooshee). But I read about it someplace. :shock:

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Stonjuz »

We'll keep the cat. Growng into the abilities could work.assuming his elven master, thats you, survives. 8-)

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Majik »

Good point..... one bad roll and "it's game over man, game over!!!!" :mrgreen:

It's become a habit of my gaming experience, but I always make a backup character, just in case. :cry:

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Stonjuz »

Gil's escape is less than remarkable, mostly because his restraints and captivity were never meant to be more than short term. The hot poker in the eyesocket of the guard holding his swords was fairly memorable but the trail of wounded guards now just a smirk across the face of our hero as he comes to the first sewer grate. He opens it and vaults himself out. The sound of their pursuit closeby.
Roll some dice majik, a macro for the moment maybe? 8-)

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by grey_starr »

I don't have a Bow this time Majik! you're saver then usual...
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Majik »

What macro roll should I post?
Can I do that on this site, or must I roll on that other site and cut&paste the link to this site?

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Majik »

grey_starr wrote:I don't have a Bow this time Majik! you're saver then usual...

No..... this time I am the thief with a bow who shoots into melee! :twisted:

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Majik »

Test.roll

[1d100][1d20][1d12][1d10][1d8][1d6][1d4]

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Majik »

[1d100] [1d20] [1d12] [1d10] [1d8] [1d6] [1d4]

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote:Test.roll

[1d100][1d20][1d12][1d10][1d8][1d6][1d4]
These macros are written and then put into the dice roller site....then highlight/copy/paste...yes
the ones above has too many in it unfortunately, ive tried that before....you cant get all of em into the roller
drop the d12 or one of the others , whichever is least helpful for you

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”