18. Leaving the Lair

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 18. Leaving the Lair

#81 Post by tooleychris »

Grim jostles the ranger on his shoulder to shush him then says aloud:
"Avatar Ken? More likely another towny looking ta help. We gots us a cook. Maybe dissun is a wine merchant."
He laughs.
"Now DAT would make'em welcome."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Computer +1 »

Has Strom heard of the Congregation of Avatars?

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Stonjuz »

Alethan wrote:Anyone near Gwillt sees him quietly thrash his head and shoulders from side to side. He mumbles, "No... no... by the gods... no, not more of them! They're everywhere!"
Shannigans pours water into cloth and wipes Gwilt's neck and forehead. "He's having hallu'tions. I'm worried."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by wolfpack »

Why was this man with a goblin?Epsilon asks as he watches the man climb down

Epsilon feels gwilts forehead after his outburst.

We need to get him back to town quickly as we can.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tooleychris »

"He maybe ask why is you wit an orc?" Grim responds.
"How'd gobbie get all roast, anyway? "
Grim sets the ranger back down.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:Has Strom heard of the Congregation of Avatars?
That is completely Zhym's creation, but I won't object to your having knowledge of it if he doesn't.

---

Gwillt begins to to hallucinate. While it obviously raises some concern, the mumbling can be interpreted as a sign that he is that much closer to returning to consciousness.

Fimmion completes his meal and, considering the location and relative lack of ingredients to work with, it is quite delicious. Easily the best meal you've had all day.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Rukellian »

The cook raps the iron pot with this ladle, telling the group that the meal is ready. "Best get your fill while its still hot; that and we may have to get moving again soon." Tasting a bit of the meal again, a smile lights up on Fimmion's face. "Don't worry, it tastes very good!" An assortment of bowls and eating utensils have already been set up. Once the cook makes sure that everyone gets their fill, he will resume the watch of the area until the group is ready to depart.

---

When Fimmion hears about Grimnails question about the roasted goblin, he answers thusly when the orc gets his meal: "That goblin over there? Found him trying to sneak up on us during our rest, took some fire and set the goblin and part of the rope ablaze." With a cooking fire and some wood around, the orc should be able to put two and two together.

Hey, it may not be the truth that he is looking for, but I didn't lie sort of...
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Zhym »

Kendrick, dropping to the ground from the rope, introduces himself again.

"Well, this is better than hollering at one another, isn't it? Let me introduce myself properly. As I shouted before, I am Kendrick Llewellyn, Sword and Shield of the Congregation of Avatars, but you can call me Ken. And really," he says, indicating the small shield strapped to his arm, "I'm more like the Sword and Buckler of the Congregation these days."

Seeing Epsilon's skeptical look, he explains, "That goblin over there was not with me—it was fleeing from me. I came across that one and a few of his buddies torturing a trapped deer. When I asked them to stop, they attacked me. I was able to defeat the rest of them, but this one escaped down the cliff. I'm sure he didn't expect to find a whole party of seasoned adventurers here waiting for him!"

Noticing Gwilt, he asks, "What is wrong with him? Is he ill? Is there anything I can do to help?"

Finally, the smell of dinner brings Kendrick's attention to Fimmon. "It is the rare traveling party that has its own gourmet chef! It smells wonderful. May I?"
Last edited by Zhym on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by tooleychris »

Grim takes his bowl while waiting for the new arrival to come down and sniffs the food.
"Tanks fer da hots." he tells the cook. "It...smells...good I'spose. Seems you is useful yet." he says nodding in the direction of the corpse.
best apology the orc barbarian has mustered in a long while.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Seasoned is right! That's exactly what 'dem Trogs almost figured out for themselves - gettin' ready to eat us and all - if the lads here hadn't of given' 'em a dose of their steel!..." O'rek trails off, looks around a bit, and realizes "now that we're all dressed, should we just head back to town? I'm in need of a nap if we're a thinkin' of heading back into that cave - which I bet some of us are a thinkin' but haven't said just yet!"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by tooleychris »

"Dat damn cave...can't we maybe just collapse da bugger an call it done? Not likely dems Lizzies gonna recover soon from are stompin an dey ainta guardin no dragon hoard anyways..."
Says Grim between mouthfuls.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rukellian »

The cook extends a bowl to Kendrick. "There is plenty to go around; I always make enough for large groups, if I can help it!" When the welcomed stranger is close enough, the cook will whisper a quick message, hand covering mouth and all that good stuff. "These guys over here are still pretty worn out though, don't let them fool you, heh. We just scraped by in a tough fight with those swamp beasts, the Lizzies that our big friend over here affectionately calls them."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by onlyme »

Ewell replies to the question...

Aye, we better. That old man still aint looking fit for battle.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by wolfpack »

Epsilon take a bowl and sits crosslegged placing a kerchief on his lap and sipping the coup lightly with a spoon dabbing the corner of his mouth.

We most definitley must retire to the homlet in order to recuperate

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by tooleychris »

Grim eyeballs Epsilon and wiped his mouth with his arm.
"Weez gonna chat'bout yer use a fancy talk. You sayin da cook made omelets too? I wont say no to'em but, hows dis helpin recuperate? "

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by Stonjuz »

Zhym wrote: "Let me introduce myself properly. ...... but you can call me Ken. And really,"
The halfling waits in line for soup. Taking a serving and finding a spot near Gwilt, he makes sure that the human can subconsicously(i have never spelled that correctly) smell it and he eats. Expecting the contents to taste very good, he is not disappointed and says, "He was bitten by a gigantic spider. He saved me, ......again. His name is Gwilt."He looks around and asks louder, "Does anyone know Gwilt's family name? Hmmm, maybe Gwilt is the family name. Can you help him Ken Andrilly?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#97 Post by saalaria »

"welcome Ken it is good to meet another man of God, we have been attempting to rid the nearby town here free of aa scaly menace. It was a tough fight but we are through the worst of it we hope so want to go back to finish the job once we have recuperated."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Zhym »

Kendrick partakes of some soup, for which he compliments the cook. "Tasty!"

To the halfling, he replies, "Poison, hm? Nasty stuff that. I can help with disease or physical damage, but poison is beyond my abilities to cure. If there's a town nearby, that sounds like Gwilt's best option."

Kendrick decides it would be rude to correct the halfling so soon after meeting him. There will be time to clear up that minor misunderstanding later. And "Ken Andrilly" has a nice ring to it anyway.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by onlyme »

Ewell starts toward town, hinting to all to follow very soon or get left. He continues to carry the unresponsive lad...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by Computer +1 »

Strom sizes up the large fighter before moving over and offering his hand. Well met brother. May the light of God shine upon you.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”