Action thread 4

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action thread 4

#301 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 2:02am

Nunyet enters the commander’s room. He discovers that the trap door is still closed, with the table and chair that the party put over it to keep it closed still in position. He notices that that bed that was along the north wall has been moved, revealing an open secret door. This secret door leads to the room where the soldiers were holed up, where Cis is now trying to burn down the door from the other side. Nunyet has surmised that the two soldiers exited the northern room through the secret door, then, while the party was focused on how to get to them, they made a mad dash out of the commanders room, through the courtyard, dropping the chest, and out the cloister main entrance.

Brok remains vigil on the cloister roof. PM to Mitch re: further actions if any

Veneficus is able to recover 4 arrows that can be used again. The others are either broken or lost. As he recovers arrows, he keeps a keen eye on the cloister entrance, which is barricaded by the mess hall tables. He sees nothing approach.

Francisco enters the eastern orc barracks room. He finds Yarl and Kurn near the chest, which is open. Kurn is examining a nicely crafted silver dagger, while Yarl looks on, almost drooling over the loot. Francisco notices the chest is halfway full with gold and silver, as well as what looks like some articles of clothing. He also sees a large, unfurled standard draped over the side of the chest that bears the Order of the Red Blade livery.

The cleric Nunyet comes dashing out of the commanders room (as fast as a portly man can dash), and enters the room where Cis is. He says, while waving his arms wildly, Put out the flames ... they're gone... secret door from commanders room. He then sits down and catches his breath. But, quickly both he and Cis realize that they room they are in is filling with smoke, and unless they vacate, they will quickly pass out.

Torch: Minute 34 of 60
HPs - Francisco:14/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:What Ron said is exactly correct, including position of the secret door.
Excellent work, Ron! You just saved me 20 minutes.
and my teachers said my guesswork would never punt to nuthin' :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#304 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl looks up at Francisco. We should split this loot up eh? Then maybe get outta here and get cleaned up a bit. He looks at all the smoke, Unless we all wanna burn to death...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#305 Post by Alethan »

"I agree. Perhaps torching the place might have been better handled once we were done with using the structure..."

Francisco helps move the chest into the courtyard, away from the fire. "Maybe it'll burn itself out before it gets too bad," he mutters to himself, hopefully.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#306 Post by ToniXX »

A couple notes:
The torching is happening in the northern room, while the chest and that activity is in the eastern room.
The whole structure is stone, with just wood doors and other minor wooden parts. The whole thing isn't coming down due to a fire. :)
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#307 Post by Computer +1 »

:o :D

Well I feel silly now
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus continues to guard the courtyard entrance, but his curiosity is distracting him a bit.

uh, guys... better save some for me in there... and uh, anybody know what to do now.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#309 Post by ToniXX »

Any more actions from anyone?
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn will rifle through the clothes and banner from the chest to get an idea of what it depicts and if the others are better condition then his own - or if they could make for a passable disguise for some of the party.
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by rredmond »

Oooo. I just realized... Nunyet gets his bacon butt outta that inferno room. :)
And checks the treasure for anything holy, unholy or otherwise clerical. ;) you know the magical stuff in the false bottom.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#312 Post by Computer +1 »

I would like to ammend Yarl's action a bit:

Yarl looks up at Francisco. We should split this loot up eh? Then maybe get outta here and get cleaned up a bit. We hit em, lets watch the nest an see if anything comes out.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#313 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 2:12am
Cis, after Nunyet runs in and tells him there’s no need to burn the door down, vacates the room he is in, as it is quickly filling up with smoke. Nunyet follows shortly, after he catches his breath. Meanwhile, across the courtyard in the eastern room, Francisco, Yarl and Kurn examine the treasure. Yarl says We should split this loot up eh? Then maybe get outta here and get cleaned up a bit. We hit em, lets watch the nest an see if anything comes out. Francisco agrees, and mutters something about the fire started in the northern room. The three move the chest back to the courtyard.

Veneficus stays vigilant on the cloister entrance. He says to the others, who are now all in the courtyard uh, guys... better save some for me in there… He then asks and uh, anybody know what to do now?

Kurn looks at the clothing. It’s all normal stuff, but in a slightly different fashion than is usually seen in the central parts of Margant, (where you are located now). The banner depicts the Red Blade livery, and Kurn determines that the clothes and the banner might allow them to disguise one or two members of the party if they so chose. One item in the bundle of clothes is a maroon colored hooded cape.

Brok remains on the cloister roof, watching north and south for anything approaching. He sees or hears nothing out of the ordinary.

The cleric also examines the loot, and searches the chest for and secret compartments or a false bottom. He finds no such things.

The chest contains the following lootz:
  • 14gp
  • 35sp
  • A silver dagger with an intricately carved matching sheath
Meryth remains in place, still holding the torch. She watches the cloister entrance as well as the rest of the party as they move about the courtyard and discuss the next actions.

Torch: Minute 44 of 60
HPs - Francisco:14/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:12/16, Yarl:17/30, Veneficus:12/12

Let’s figure out what’s going on with the loot, who will keep the clothes (if anyone wants them), and determine what’s next.
Does anyone need any refreshers on the layout of the temple complex? Also don’t forget you have three NPCs and a charmed soldier waiting in the forest to the east.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Argennian »

Brok keeps his bow to hand and an arrow knocked as his eyes continue roving the temple and compound for any movement or other potential developments...
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by rredmond »

Dragging a nice size overflowing box out of the commanders room Nunyet wheezes out a little help here.
This was in the room we were trying to get into, since we were talking loot, and we are on a mission to find information as well, I figured I should go back and get it he says as he stops for a rest.
We got lots of stuff here a couple of maps of what looks like this area, some navigation tools, a couple candles with a candle holder, some blank vellum with a quill, unfortunately the inkwell is nearly empty, but looks like there's some ink in there, and this slim tome. There's some writing on one of these maps, but I can't make it out, but it has some arrows drawn over the map that must be detailing troop movements! You remember when Lady Cecilia said, "... the mayor may be willing to up the bonuses if the mission is a success. And any treasure you find along the way is yours to keep. We are not interested in treasure, only removing the garrison from our lands and of any intelligence you may find along the way? Well I think we got our bonuses upped. he says with a smile.

On the bottom of the box, he continues, there's four daggers, two short swords, three pairs of leather gauntlets
four heavy black cloaks. No coins, but a bit more to divvy out!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#316 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl rubs his hands together and smiles, More loot? Excellent! I'll take a shortsword and a cloak.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#317 Post by ToniXX »

Any more input on this? If not, I'll start making choices for you :)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#318 Post by Alethan »

Francisco looks over the gauntlets and selects the best pair that fits him. He also looks over the cloaks, figuring a black one might be useful at night.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#319 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis will take a pair of gauntlets, a red cloak and the silver dagger. "Let's just move on from here."
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by Argennian »

Hearing the additional large chest dragging commotion and subsequent declarations of it's juicy contents taking place below in the cloister courtyard, Brok will take one last look around from his vantage point on the roof and then head back down to join the others.

Once back below and having had a look at what Nunyet found, the young Craldashian agent will forgo any of the other items and quickly gather the maps, the tome, the sheet of vellum and the quill and ink well, stuffing them in his backpack for safe keeping. He will do so with the navigational tools as well, if they aren't too big and bulky.

"Bingo! This is exactly what our lady and the mayor needed," he declares in a hushed tone. "Screw those pricks that got away. I say we beat it out of here and get back to our camp before they regroup or any more reinforcements arrive..."

Brok will then put his pack back on and reequip his bow and a readied arrow in preparation of departure.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”