Action thread 4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action thread 4

#341 Post by Alethan »

Francisco takes the lead, making a b-line for the road so they can head back to the city to report what they've found.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Argennian »

Brock smiles fiendishly when he sees the 3 large wolf-like creatures stand down and then bound off in the direction of the temple. "Well done, Cis! Well done, indeed!" he declares with a flourish in the dark. Making sure that Meryth is right behind him when the others move out, the young agent falls in when they do, keeping his bow and a readied arrow to hand.

When Brok realizes his rangerly companion has veered south and is making for the road, he tells Meryth to keep walking in her position in line and quickly moves up closer to be able to speak with him in a hushed tone. "Francisco, we need to stop back by our camp before we take to the road, to collect our mule, our men and Cis' charmed red blade buddy, Khariq. It would do well for us and our lady if we bring a back a live prisoner... a live deserter with us..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus follows the crowd, realizing he may not know the full story behind the group of folks he fell in with. He will cautiously attempt to gather more information from their initial order.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#344 Post by Alethan »

Francisco nods and re-directs the group to return to the camp.

"Sorry. Got ahead of myself."

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#345 Post by Nuke66 »

Cis replies, "Thanks. And thanks for remembering Khariq. He should be a valuable asset." as he follows along.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#346 Post by ToniXX »

Day 6 (10 Delian) 3:40am

The party makes it back to the camp in quick order. They find that the red blade soldier is nowhere to be found. Tazarân and Zin explain that he just upped and left about two hours after the party went towards the temple. He went north through the trees of the forest, and could be quite far by now. Phâramac is sleeping under a tree. Otherwise, everything seems normal at the camp. Joe, the pack mule, is sleeping near the tree where he is tied up.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=478
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#347 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl speaks up first. We should prolly get a bit of rest but we better keep a better lookout then those suckers we just ripped off.
He doesn't volunteer to actually take watch, he sits himself down and starts to get comfortable.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Argennian »

Brok's energized smile turns to a deflated frown when he learns that Cis' charmed Red Blade friend Khariq has departed. He immediately moves over to the party gear that Joe the pack mule hauls, and grabs up more flight arrows from his stash to replenish the ones he used at the temple compound.

The young agent then addresses the others. "Although I'd love to retrieve our Red Blade deserter for our travel back to Craldash, mayhap that would be too risky now, especially in light of our raid on the temple compound...

"So should we chance waiting here so close or move out now and put some distance between us and the temple? I'm sure that the Red Blade are regrouping now if they haven't already, and that they'd yearn to find our trail and take revenge if they could. With the moon nearly full, we could take it slow and make our way back to the road and head west for home. What say you in this, friends?"

OOC: re-upping arrows used previously & adjusting inventory
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus nods.
He has had time to get back to their camp, then, and alert the masses where this place is. I say we move for at least one hour and find a hiding place.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Argennian »

onlyme wrote:Veneficus nods.
He has had time to get back to their camp, then, and alert the masses where this place is. I say we move for at least one hour and find a hiding place.
"A good point, master elf," the young agent agrees. "If Khariq does in fact return to the temple, which seems a likely contingency, he'd be able to lead them right back to us here. In light of this, I think we should at minimum relocate our camp immediately and do our best to cover our tracks..."

Brok will assist Tazarân and Zin in getting Joe the pack mule loaded up with the party gear and ready to depart asap!

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#352 Post by Computer +1 »

Us heading back towards town is prolly the way they will expect us to go if we aint here. Maybe we should move but move away from town. says a tired Yarl.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#353 Post by ToniXX »

If you want, look at this map and chart a course:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=477#p8065
You are at the forest edge, due east and a little north of the temple.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Argennian »

Computer +1 wrote:Us heading back towards town is prolly the way they will expect us to go if we ain't here. Maybe we should move but move away from town. says a tired Yarl.
Brok considers the big half-orc's proffering and agrees. "A wise point indeed, Master Yarl. Even if they aren't sure from whence we hail, they could search the road regardless. Were I in their boots, I would. Let's go ahead and move out as soon as we're ready, so that we're no longer here when our former defector-buddy Khariq informs his pals about our camp here.

"Once we've found a good spot to relocate to, we can rest and then decide upon a course and strategy on how we'll return to Craldash..."

OOC: Greg: in looking at the map, just wanted to confirm that there's still enough foliage/cover in places where trees aren't notated to hide the party? I was assuming so but figured to ask! :)

Brok would recommend that the party relocate to a spot where they could hunker down and not be seen from any lookouts from temple or the Newiron Road.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#355 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:OOC: Greg: in looking at the map, just wanted to confirm that there's still enough foliage/cover in places where trees aren't notated to hide the party? I was assuming so but figured to ask! :)

Brok would recommend that the party relocate to a spot where they could hunker down and not be seen from any lookouts from temple or the Newiron Road.
If there aren't trees on the map, the land is mostly scrub, with knee to waist high grasses and the random bush and stone outcropping. If the party headed due east, along the side of Frenel mountain, they would stay far enough from the road to be spotted. Movement wouldn't be what it is on the road, but it won't be too bad either.

If it's alright, I'll say that this is what the party will be doing. Chime in if anyone wishes otherwise. I'll update again tomorrow or later tonight with some more progress.

And finally, apologies for this getting mired a bit. I've been slammed with work and personal stuff, and my car took a dump so I had to buy a new one today.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#356 Post by ToniXX »

The party walks through the tall grasses through the night without incident. As the sun rises in the east, you make it to the edge of the forest on the east side of Frenel mountain: the Imgarith Forest. The forest is similar to the other one, and the denizens of the wood are just waking up. You see small animals in the undergrowth: hares and squirrels.

The main road is a little to the south and east, and you know that you could make it to Fort Korgurand by mid-day.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by onlyme »

Venificus asks,
Should we set up a rest spot here for the morning? I have a feeling any searchers would be coming up on us at any moment. We might want to withdrawl into the woods a bit and get a rest.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#359 Post by Alethan »

Francisco nods in agreement, not quite ready to relax just yet.

"I agree. We should press on for a bit longer to make sure and get a safe distance away."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by rredmond »

I wouldn't want to meet any searches at this point, whether they meant us good or ill. I also say, let's press on! Nunyet adds.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”