To Do List

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: To Do List

#2 Post by Alethan »

Purchase Requests on Flaurmont 2, AC 1000:

Potion Requests for Oleg:
* Request for herbalist to make one potion of healing and one of antidote for every party member.
* Purchase three healing pots and one Fire Resist pot currently available (Lanny)
* Request for Protection from Magic potion (Innana)

Silver Weapon Requests:
* Silver bullets (Drudsa)(Marodin)
* Silver arrows (Saul x5)(Rhys x9)
* Silver-coated sword (Lanny)(Tratiln)(Innana)(Bregalad)
* Silver-coated dagger (Saul x2)(Innana x4)
* Silver-coated warhammer (Marodin)
* Silver-coated spear (Bregalad)

* Silver-plated larger weapons available in one week. Solid silver weapons much more expensive and available in two weeks.

Item Identification/Research for Myraal:
* Identification of magical chain mail from the troll's lair and the elven chain mail from the elves in Tall Oak (one week, 750gp)
* Coat-of-arms and arcane symbol research (250gp)

Current Activities:
All party members are at the secondary logging camp. There is no waiting list for any activity in the logging camps.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by frobozz »

The Visit to Myraal the Guild Mage:

[*]Lanny brings with him the magical chain mail armor found in the troll's lair, as well as his own magical chain mail armor obtained from the elves in Tall Oak. He asks if it is possible for these two armors to be analyzed by Myraal for any and all magical properties, and he inquires about the fees for analysis.

[*]Lanny brings with him as well the Branches of the Mother Tree to be imbued with magical energy. He confesses that he would strongly prefer the magical energy to be imbued by woodland elves or druids, but he still wants to know if Myraal would be able to offer any services as well.

[*]Lanny shows the rare Potion of Longevity to the Guild Mage and asks him what it is worth to him in gold pieces. He also asks if the Guild Library has anything comparable in quality and rarity that they might wish to give him in exchange for the Potion of Longevity.

[*]Lanny shows the coat-of-arms hawk insignia taken from the zombie's uniform at the Wizard Kelgar's Tower, as well as the rough drawing of the arcane symbol that Lanny had sketched. He asks Myraal if he recognizes either one, or if he can research them on behalf of the party.

[*]Lanny reminds Myraal that he had loaned the Guild Mage one of his magical Traladaran arrows to study, and he is curious to know if Myraal learned anything about its history or about the history of the Traladaran tribe that had crafted it.

[*]Lanny asks if the Guild Library has any books or literature on the History of Traladara or the History of the Grand Duchy of Karameikos. He mentions that he has a map of the country and would like to learn more about the people and places that have dwelled in this land.

[*]Lanny asks if he can have a brief tour of the Guild Library and learn a little more about the different types of spells and other magical items that may be studied or obtained here.

[*]Lanny confides in Myraal that he has an interest in joining the Wizard's Guild at some point in the near future. He explains that, although he is not as gifted in magic as his other companions, his desire to join the Wizard's Guild, and to support and defend the country in times of need, is connected to his love of this land and its people, a land that he has come to know well over the last one hundred years. He is interested in eventually taking a more active role in one day shaping the future of this country that he has seen rise from its infancy...
If anyone else has anything to ask Myraal, I can add it to this list.
Last edited by frobozz on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanny - Level 3 Elf - In Search of Adventure

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by frobozz »

"The Grand Loop" through the Northern Frontier:
In an effort to head off another contentious vote on the many different plot hooks out there, I'm going to put forward a suggestion that I believe will accomodate everyone's wishes (although not necessarily in everyone's preferred order). It basically involves completing a "Grand Loop" beginning and ending in Threshold (check the map of the northern frontier in the "Maps" thread to follow along). We can build in some flexibility to it to accomodate any new plot hooks that we might want to explore along the way, but I think it would be generally helpful to have a basic itinerary in mind right from the start. This itinerary is certainly open to any suggestions/modifications, and it would never be set in stone anyway, so please feel free to voice your opinions at any time.

1. Return to Threshold by the same route that we came (Jessup to Eagle's Nest to Threshold)

a) plan to stay for 3 days to accomodate weapons training (Innana) and spell study (Elves and Drudsa)
b) cash in gems and jewelry (currently valued at 49,600 gp!!!)
c) identify all magic items (armor/potions)
d) use new wealth to make strategic purchases to last us 1 month (magic items, specialty items, transportation items, potions, scrolls, spell scribing supplies, healing supplies, etc.)
e) visit the library of Myraal the Guild Mage - study! (especially for the elves to finally be able to learn a couple of Level 2 spells) - minimum 20 hours
f) visit the weapons trainer - train! (mainly for Innana to gain skilled proficiency with her sword once she reaches Level 3) - minimum 16 hours
g) visit the Church and Fr. Varis - get an update on the progress of the Elwyn mission - set up a means of remote communication with Fr. Varis so that he and the Church can get urgent messages delivered to us if needed

2. The Beast of the Logging Camps (one of the original plot hooks set in and around Threshold)

A large beast, possessing a foul temper and evil dispostion, has been
terrorizing the logging camps north of Threshold. No one can say for certainty
what manner of animal it is, but the beast has been responsible for the deaths
of at least five loggers. The Baron has offered anyone who slays the beast an
enchanted blade of ancient provence.

3. Depart Threshold from the northern gate. Proceed to the Magic Fountain (north of Threshold).

Thordin encounterd a tinker who told the dwarf of a magic fountain he stumbled across some days north of Threshold. Guarded by a man made of stone, one sip from its waters made a man strong as an ogre. The tinker sold Thordin a map to the place for 75 gold coins.

4. Northern road meets western trail. Turn west and proceed to the Orc Lair.

The armorer in Threshold told Lanny of a tribe of orcs, lairing a few days to the northwest, that have looted an ancient tomb and managed to come away with, along with other treasures, a magical shield.

From the Jessup innkeeper: "The eastern road isn't used much these days. There's one or two villages that way, and I've heard it told you can get to the Duke's Road that way, but there've been rumors of orcs and the like waylaying travelers. Some old tombs and battlefields can be found out there, though, left over from the old days..."

5. Continue to Jessup.

Check with the innkeeper for any communications from Threshold. If requested to return to Threshold to deal with Elwyn, do so. If not, continue on with #6.

6. Follow Innana's Map (this adventure requires 2 full weeks of travel to and from tower)

"My name is Innana Sureblade, and it seems I am the sole survivor of a group who was following a map of a burial mound of an ancient Traladaran King... I know I have probably caught you in the middle of your own adventure, but did I mention the fact that the map has the promise of three magical items?" She lifts one eyebrow, and adds, "Did I mention they are three POTENT magical items?" Innana tells the tale that the burial mound is thought to include a wand, a staff, and the legendary sword Usudostrica.

7. Return to Jessup. Repeat steps in #5.

8/9. Clear the Wizard's Tower (Hopefully Marodin will be Level 6 by then and have ability to Speak With The Dead, and we will have lots of new magic weapons!)

From the kobold prisoner: "Tower? You mean the {insanely tall building that defies belief}?" The little beast spits. "Its roots are deep, longear, and those of my tribe avoid its denizens at all costs. They are abominations before Kurtulmak, killing and stealing the souls of my people. Things like ghosts, all form and no substance. They are hard to hit, and even harder to kill."

8/9. Hunt down the Kobolds (if they were not already encountered and killed in the lower caverns beneath the tower)

From the kobold prisoner: "They [the ghosts in the tower] not bother us, and we not bother them. Kobold {Hive} far away, anyway, at least a day's walk.... As to why we were on the surface, it is simple. You were seen by one of our guardposts and looked an easy target. We were going to kill you and take your {dead corpse food} back to partake of your strength."

10. Return to Threshold. Repeat steps in #1.

11. Travel to Penhaligon to begin the pursuit of Elwyn.

The Magic Mouth in the caves provided us with this information about the location of Elwyn's hideout:
"Travel to Penhaligon and seek the assistance of a mortal woman calling herself Selfa Erinsdotter. She will lead you to your destination. Beware of two things! Things are not what they seem in Penhaligon. Trust no one. Next, the Drowned Maiden has awaken after her centuries of sleep and stalks both banks of the river, clutching both man and beast in her icy embrace."

Lanny met a gnome craftsman named Master Odo who told the elf of a number of barrows, the burial mounds of ancient kings, a day's ride north of Penhaligon. It is said there are a score or more of these mounds, each the resting place of a powerful king or warrior or sorcerer of old -- of the beastfolk that used to rule the land, they say -- and that some mounds open up into deeper caverns and corridors, that were ancient a thousand years ago or more.

12. By this point, we will have established ourselves as a well renowned and well respected adventuring company (at least in Threshold), and so I would suggest shifting our focus away from the northern frontier and more towards the interior of the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, exploring the towns and cities and beginning to meet and interact with important and powerful NPCs throughout the country.
Lanny - Level 3 Elf - In Search of Adventure

Return to “In Search of Adventure”