OOC

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#241 Post by Grognardsw »

XP Award - Aug. 12, 2014

I list the award, your new current total (includes award), and whether you leveled. If leveling, please PM me your new HP roll. Thanks and congratulations!

- Shen: 1,901, total 11,052, leveled to 4th
- Ianin: 1,901, total 10,602, leveled to 4th
- Andover: 1,901, total 10,802, leveled to 4th
- Poltux: (was reduced to 1 XP/1st level by Wheel of Many Things) 2,000, total 2,001, leveled to 2nd (gave extra to cross to 2nd.)
- Honnilee: 1,901, total 8,802
- Bjorn: 1,901, total 9,002
- Flint: 1,901, total 10,802, leveled to 4th
- Idwellin: 1,901, total 7,502, leveled to 4th
- Raquinel: 1,901, total 8101

XP maintained at: viewtopic.php?p=54604#p54604

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by AleBelly »

Are we supposed to be posting actions for next round?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Grognardsw »

No. The ghostly dancers appearing doesn't impact your stated actions for Round Five. With TK's posting of Flint and Honnilee, Law side is complete. I'll be starting to compile the Round Five post tomorrow. After that, if you wanted to interact with ghosts you could include that in your next action.

From the private forum OOC, Oct. 30, 2014:
Well it has come to an end, after more than 5,600 posts between Law and Chaos. The quest is concluded. Thanks to all for playing, I hope it's been fun and different for you. Congratulations to all for playing the characters well. The group-vs-group dynamic is a first on these boards. I hope you enjoyed the pictorial nature and mix of unusual challenges. These keep my own interest. As a DM I enjoyed the different perspectives on the same adventure. It quickly evolved into a homebrew version of the Palace of the Silver Princess module, but I used some of the maps, rooms, and general inspiration. A Google search of the module title will lead to discussion of the product recall and "controversial" art, which today seems a tempest in a teapot. I've opened up private forum access for all players so you can read the other side - you may find it interesting to see where each group entered, what they saw, their rolls, how they got to the ultimate battle, and their actions and strategies in the Final Battle. The Fellowship of Chaos, for example, entered by the dungeon level. In the original recruitment thread I mentioned a follow-on campaign of mass combat - the armies of Law vs. Chaos - using Spells and Swords the old OD&D miniature combat rules. But I don't have it in me at the moment. If there are any questions about aspects of the adventure, plot hooks, items or rooms, feel free to ask. Sulle's alignment was changed to good from the Wheel of Balance; Ogre Mage role played him to that. Raquinel was a spy from the beginning. Thanks again and hope we have occasion to roll the dice together in the future.
Last edited by Grognardsw on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Zhym »

Are the grim grinning ghosts beginning to harmonize?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by AleBelly »

Grognardsw wrote: Andover (A) the ranger catches up to her and whacks Raquinel with the flat of his blade (10 HP subdual damage.) She slumps to the floor and doesn’t move.
Aw, shucks. Thanks, Andy, for taking it easy on ol' Raq!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Zhym »

Thanks for the game, Grog.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#247 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ah well it was a pleasure taking on Bjorn mid way through this I would have enjoyed playing from the beginning as him. I appreciate bringing me in. It was a great bit of fun I enjoyed the party of law and all it's players. :) I also enjoyed the adventure Gorg. aka Bill. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Zhym »

Wolfpack: Kondro Orzek, half-orc fighter/assassin - 1/22
Wow. Almost got 'im!

Any time you want to bring these characters back for further adventures, just say the word.

GreyWolfVT

#249 Post by GreyWolfVT »

indeed Bjorn has retired to my archived characters but just say the word and we can dust him off ;) glad I suggested that archive char option :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Zhym »

I was curious how many XP the survivors of that big battle would get.

GreyWolfVT

#251 Post by GreyWolfVT »

:lol: shooting for another level up eh Jim? :P

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Zhym »

You seem to be assuming it would only be one level. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#253 Post by GreyWolfVT »

true :D

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by AleBelly »

Although I joined part way through, I still had a blast. Thanks for the game!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#256 Post by greyarea »

I loved it. I say do something else similar. Or just run Keep on the Borderlands. Whatever works. :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Zhym »

What were each of the pools? And what was the deal with the boxes in the music room (I think)?

Actually, there was a whole bunch of stuff it seemed we never figured out.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by tkrexx »

Seems I posted in the wrong place:
Well, I thought it was a hell of a run! I've always loved scenarios in which party faced off against party, whether or not one was composed of NPCs. I do believe both parties were quite evenly matched power-wise, but the tactics and the die-rolls seemed to favor the group of Law. Well done, everyone!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thanks for bringing me in, I had a blast playing with everyone and I agree, say the word and Ianin the Conjurer may make a comeback, stronger than ever!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Grognardsw »

Zhym wrote:What were each of the pools? And what was the deal with the boxes in the music room (I think)?

Actually, there was a whole bunch of stuff it seemed we never figured out.
The pools and that classic picture came from In Search of the Unknown (module B1), with some modifications such as the body part-switching liquid Raquinel fell victim to. I'd have to look up my notes later for all the other effects. You had a table going in OOC on most of them.

The Art Emporium was an entertainment venue for all the senses, for the Princess back in the day. The music spheres because I enjoy music a lot, and the lyrics spoke to the story and personality of Lady Myshella. The aroma boxes because I came across a scratch-n-sniff book and thought that would be a neat item. The talking pictures to reveal more insights on the Princess (and I like art.)

The remote control went with a machine on the top floor of the Tower of Roses. Other stuff not figured out would have been revealed in parts of the Palace you didn't explore.

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”