Action Thread 10

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 10

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:45 a

Odo suggests heading towards a waterfall and everyone gets ready to move forward. Uncertain which way to go, the party pauses to reflect on where they’ve been.

You are at the red X near the bottom left of the overview map, right outside the Shambling Mounds cavern. The three arrows note passageways that you know are there, but have not been down yet. The torches and lamps burn on, the next step is up to the party… until the dice figure otherwise. ;)

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 11/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 54 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 55 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 54 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-3/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 10

#2 Post by Alethan »

Then let's head up to the intersection by the second waterfall and turn right and go straight south from there.

I think that is where we were headed when we were leaving the shambling mound's cave in the first place.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by saalaria »

Varkos leads off towards the second waterfall - intent on heading south, back past the pool:

"Odo - want me to lead or will you sneak ahead?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger takes a moment to bind his wound, then sports ahead a few paces to check for sign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:The Ranger takes a moment to bind his wound, then sports ahead a few paces to check for sign.
You mean like poop?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by tkrexx »

Do Scarecrows poop?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by Alethan »

tkrexx wrote:Do Scarecrows poop?
*shrugs* Guess it depends on scared they get!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Distorted Humor »

I will scout ahead friends,

Odo cleans his sword and moves forward

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:55 a

Back in Marching Order the party heads back through the dark, damp caverns and eschewing the fish mincer they come to the intersection unchallenged. The ceiling of this cavern chamber is ragged with the spiky points of innumerable stalactites, and the floor is uneven and slippery. In the middle of the room, away from the river’s path, a pool in the cave floor glows with an eerie bluish light.
You note that there is a slow drip from above, which seems to hit near the center of the glowing pool. At this point, staying on the southern side of the stream, Odo heads off into the semi-darkness as he leaves the blue glow of the pool behind him.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (26.31 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
PM sent, and I’ll put you all at the pool for now, let me know if you want to explore while Odo is away. ;)

[/b]HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 11/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 44 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 45 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 44 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-3/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar slowly approaches the pool, taking note of anything on the ground that might indicate tracks or detritus of eaten animals or creatures or... whatever. She also looks up, to make sure nothing is hiding within the stalactites.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo comes back in, and looks shaken.

"There is some trees ahead, and something unnatural about it. Almost as as unnatural as..." Odo pauses "Almost as Unnatural as a Dwarf who hate to be below the ground."

He deeply shivers.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Zhym »

Wulfgard speaks up for the first time in what seems like ages. "Trees, you say? And they look unnatural aside from the fact that they're trees in a cave?"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

Zhym wrote:Wulfgard speaks up for the first time in what seems like ages. "Trees, you say? And they look unnatural aside from the fact that they're trees in a cave?"

Odo looks at Wulfgard and says "yes, it even more odd to hear you speak!"

"There was some humming, or speech, and it seemed odd. you know, makes the hair on your feet stand up on end..."

(OOC: Odo is a failed comedian.)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by Alethan »

OOC: if it has fruit on it, whatever you do, don't eat the fruit...

http://odd74.proboards.com/post/77105/thread

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by saalaria »

Varkos accompanies the Elf - looking out for any threat near the pool

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger takes in Odo's story, curious about the subterranean trees, but keeps watch on Ilhalevar and Varkos as they check the glowing water.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 7:00 a

While Odo is away the Illhalevar, Son of Thunder, and Zafalia check out the pool of water. It is thicker than water, essentially a pool of phosphorescent goo. It does seem to be fed by a slow drip from the ceiling, unless there's something underground feeding it. It isn't connected to the stream at all, but sits there glowing blue without a sound but the occasional drip and ripple around it's center.

Then Odo comes back breaking the silence. Talking about a cavern with trees, strange noises and an "unnatural" feel.

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 11/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 39 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 40 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 39 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

"Speaking of unnatural..." the Illhalevar replies, still staring at the pool of goo. "Maybe we should leave this be for now, go check out the tree."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by tkrexx »

"Speaking of unnatural..." the Illhalevar replies, still staring at the pool of goo. "Maybe we should leave this be for now, go check out the tree."
The Ranger nods. Whatever this ... pool... is, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. He will quickly scan the area for sign to try to determine what, if anything, would visit such a puddle.

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”