House Rules on the Fly

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

House Rules on the Fly

#1 Post by tooleychris »

1. Any intrusive mental contact like ESP, Telepathy,ect can oonly be used on one subject per attacks allowed in a single round. Increased speed mutation does affect this.

2. Critical hits (a natural roll of 20) do maximum damage for the weapons type then add STR modifiers.
A second to hit roll is then made. IF this one also hits then the damage is doubled. If the second roll is also a critical then add attackers entire strength score to damage for melee and thrown or entire Dexterity Score for ranged.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: House Rules on the Fly

#2 Post by Zhym »

What if the initial attempt fails? Can it be tried again in subsequent rounds? Are there any modifiers?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by tooleychris »

Zhym wrote:I'm not sure what will should have to do with telepathy. How can you block something you don't know is happening? But if you think telepathy is too powerful, it's your game. I just hope the rolls aren't too hard. :)
Hmmm.... okay it's a good point. I gotta remember Gamma is much more wahoo than other Rpg S. :) How about this. You can only make out what one person is thinking per round.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Zhym »

Yeah, I think the thing with Gamma World is that almost everyone has mutations. Some of those mutations will neutralize other mutations, and smarter characters will realize this and take precautions like not "thinking out loud." In that case, a mind-read attempt might just get a general feel of emotions, not actual thoughts.

I'm sure that when the story requires I not be able to read someone's mind, you'll find a way. :)

Would tinfoil hats block telepathy? ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

tooleychris wrote:How about this. You can only make out what one person is thinking per round.
Fair enough.

Pushing my luck: twice per round if the telepath also has increased speed?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tooleychris »

I'll allow multiple uses if multiple attacks are available or if dual brained.
Tin foil hats... love it!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by tooleychris »

2. Critical hits (a natural roll of 20) do maximum damage for the weapons type then add STR modifiers.
A second to hit roll is then made. IF this one also hits then the damage is doubled. If the second roll is also a critical then add attackers entire strength score to damage.

Return to “April 2031”