Chapter 2: You woke up where exactly?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Chapter 2: You woke up where exactly?

#1 Post by Rukellian »

The comforts of grass are the first to welcome the adventuring group, as each person slowly starts to gain conciousness. You can all hear the rustling of bushes and tree branches as if you were in a forest. Opening your eyes, you confirm it to be so. The trees tower high and pieces of sunlight beam down through the canopy of leaves over your heads. You are no longer in the royal keep of New Dathan, in fact, no one quite knows where they are or how they got here...

Alright guys, feel free to post.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2: You woke up where exactly?

#2 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn rubs his sleepy eyes and sits up.
"I suppose the question concerning access to the royal stores for gear...is a no."

He looks around taking inventory "I don't understand why people are untrusting of magic?" he says in a mocking voice.
"Everyone alright?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell groggily replies,
"Yeah, I uh, think so. What was that? Actually... Why was that?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn checks their surroundwings for landmarks.
"Well, if I may put a silver lining on this dark cloud, I might guess our peculiar friend may have saved us a bit of walking. I do wish we might have been better prepared. Unless... "
He looks around for any extra bags.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

You do not see any bags laying around, only the equipment that each player has in their inventory. Nothing appears to be misplaced either, except... well, your group!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Grognardsw »

"That pribbling crook pated malt worm!" curses Deceidon, shaking his dizzy head and sheathing his dagger. "I'll gut the fobbing evil-eyed hugger mugger yet."

The son of Urshurak looks about at the flora and fauna, breathes deep the air and feels the temperature, to judge if they still be in close region to New Dathan. He climbs a tree to afford a better view of the surroundings, and to judge direction by the sun.

"Well friends, I didn't catch our rogue mage's name, location, plan or any helpful clue, but I do know one thing. If I had to work for that jackanap, I'd go rogue too."

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov, Fighter/Thief

Gustov looks about and checks the location of the sun to determine what time of day it is and how much time has passed since they were speaking with the mage.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

Upon closer inspection of the surroundings, Deceidon is able to figure out that the flora and fauna of the area resembles that of the Great Forest of Kinra, but he hopes that is not the case. The Great Forest of Kinra is found on the opposite side of the continent, with a mountain range seperating it from New Dathan. Strangely enough though, he finds no such mountains in the distance. Based off of what Deceidon and Gustov could gather, the orientation of the sun suggests its mid day.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon / lost

"It seems we are lost," says Deceidon after climbing back down the tree. "With no landmark or sign of civilization about, we might as well pick a direction and start walking. Anyone have a better idea?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell offers to climb a tree, unless someone feels they are better suited. Then maybe he can see a settlement to walk toward...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by tooleychris »

"I smell no ocean breeze. "adds Flynn.
"Perhaps when the stars shine above I can get bearing. I dislike walking blindly. Follow the sun's decent?" "

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Grognardsw »

"Aye, that path is as good as any," says Deceidon to Flynn.

He joins the others for a long walk in the woods.

Along the stroll Deceidon inquires of their cloaked silent companion: "You have the look of the fey race in you, comrade. I recall seeing you in the Red Rock Inn before we were summoned. Tell us about yourself."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell will follow wherever the crowd wants to go...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

As the group starts their walk through the forest/woods, Deceidon and Flynn try to make small conversation with Gustov, in an attempt to get to know their group member a little bit better. The trail they walk on is littered with green leaves, barely covering the surface of a natural dirt path. Being a bit fidgety in his new environment, Whitsell darts his attention back and forth between his left and right, staying alert of his surroundings, or trying to at least. Within what feels like 10-15 minutes of walking, the surroundings take on an odd noise. Silence.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn draws steel.
"What's the worst sound you might hear in a forest?" he asks not really requiring an answer.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov

Gustov manages just a bit of a smile, "I am elven on my father's side and spent much of my youth with my elven clan.
"Please forgive my silence earlier, I have found that many humans - and in particular a number of them at the Inn we were summoned too - are distrustful of my kind, and it's often best for me to keep a low profile.
"I had thought the invitation was a hoax - foisted on me by someone that wanted me out of the way - but it seems now that it was truly a summons by the king, though perhaps the hoax was on him by his "brother."
"I ordinarily don't take offense to magic and it's practitioners, but that fellow has put a bitter taste in my mouth, what do you think?"

Gustov holds up a hand as he deftly drops a bullet into his sling,

"While it seems this is a path that has been traveled, this silence is not natural."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon / forest

"An understandable concern," replies Deceidon to Gustov. "As for Fenrin, I don't trust him. Unfortunately, he may be the lesser of two evils."

Deceidon notices the silence of the forest, and doesn't like it. He draws his bow and nocks an arrow.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

Though the rest of the group seems to be alerted to the sudden silence they find themselves in, Whitsell is still preoccupied with keeping watch on the trees to the left and right of him, not paying careful attention to anything else out of his paranoia.

The group comes to a complete halt as something pierces the air around them. A giggle, followed by the sound of a rope snapping. Before anyone could even react, Whitsell is dragged up into the air forcefully, and yelps in surprise. Both his feet are snared by a rope, and he now dangles hopelessly from a tall tree branch!

"Ahahahahaaah! I can't beweve dat actually workd!"
"SHUT IT you twit," roars another voice in a harsh whisper.
"Aw flop it you guys, let's just get em'!"

Some rough looking bandits jumps out from where they were hiding and pulls out their weapons, while another stays behind with a bow at the ready. One of them then steps forward, a man in chainmail with an eyepatch over his left eye, and gives the adventuring group an ultimatum. "You all can just drop your belongings here all nice like and run off, otherwise we will just have to loot you all dead."
Bandits.jpg
Bandits.jpg (111.77 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon / forest

"Cease! We are royal envoys, have proof of thus, and your attack will bring down the wrath of King Benagal of New Dathan!" shouts Deceidon, his nocked arrow trained on the bandit archer. "Surely smart bravados such as yourselves do not want to be hunted down by soldiers and dogs and hung?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rukellian »

The leader of the group turns his head around and looks to his group with a twisted smile.
"You here that lads? ROYAL envoys! We are sure to walk away with full coinpurses," he ends his statement with a roar of laughter.
"Tis unfortunate that you all ran into us, or maybe, it is fortunate. Better to hear this from us then the person who sent you! Hehehe.... you see, King Benagal has no authority over here, no, this here place is a big ol' jail, and everyone here are its captives. So you best get your smarts together real quick like and pick your friends carefully, cuz if you don't, well your dead! Now, being the 'kind' man that I am, I will repeat myself once more, and only once more, drop your belongings and run off." The leader's goons just give a goofy grin, as if they went through this procedure so many times before. None of the bandits seem to budge or waver from their demands, a fight seems imminent.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”