"Shall we walk into the Settlement? Perhaps, we could do some trading."

What is the terrain like?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Into the Wasteland......

#202 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, mutant plant

Kapok studies the smoke a moment. If it appears to be normal campfire smoke, then he will agree to approaching the village in the open, with weapons away.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by Norjax »

As you discuss approaching the settlement, Blixx pulls out his spyglass so he may gather more information. Blixx is able to see that some of the piles appear to be burning humanoid bodies with massive, stocky builds. Several human-looking beings, some smaller, are milling about collecting debris into burning piles and repairing a palisade that surrounds the village. They carry various weapons; swords, axes and crossbows. Four watch towers are evenly spaced around the palisade’s perimeter, and a large, open entry door is on the east side.

The areas on either side of the road leading to the village are barren with only a few large rocks and scrub brush. Your approach will surely be noticed by the sentry towers.

Actions?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#204 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

"Sounds like they just repelled off an attack. They'll be on guard, and might not take kindly to a sneaking approach of their compound. If we want to go down there, we should take the road."

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#205 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, Mutant Human

"Shall we?"

Bart heads toward the settlement.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#206 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx _Mutated Humanoid

"Yes we should be very open but careful with our approach"Blix offers and shuts his telescope for emphasis.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Norjax »

You collectively decide to cautiously approach the settlement using the broken roadway. As you get closer, shouts of alarm can be heard and the people outside the walls rush into the palisade. You continue closer to the village and can see people in the guard towers giving orders to others moving along the top of the wall. Words such as “strange”, “not them” and “be wary” can be heard among unintelligible yelling.

You move towards the entry gate, now closed, and spot a tall man on the wall above the gate. He wears a haphazard ensemble of armor and holds a crossbow at the ready, but not pointed in your direction.

“That’s far enough,” he commands. “While you do not appear to be raiders allied to the Ant Lord, your appearance warrants suspicion. State your business and be quick about it!”

About a dozen people in the towers and along the top of the wall, ready their weapons. At least one person in each of the two immediate guard towers brandishes an ancient fire pole that launches armor-penetrating metal slugs.

Actions?

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#208 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx Mutanted-Human

"The Ant-Lord, I wonder if it has something to do with the stuff we found in the ancients place?"
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Namárië

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#209 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

Kapok shakes his head slowly and replies to Blixx,"They speak of something current, not ancient."

Then, louder, he says,"We know of no Ant Lord. Just want to trade goods and information."

OOC: was kind of hoping some of the more human-like characters would respond to the villagers so the plant-man didn't have to...

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#210 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, Mutant Human

Bart sensing Kapok hesitation, he speaks over him. (Never one to believe his appearance upsetting to humans.)

"Hullo friends, we are just restless wonders, we saw the smoke and followed it here. I am Bartholomew Ichabod Zinc, my companions are Blixx of Starlight and the plant is Kapok. As Kapok says we seek fair trade and info. I can see you are under great stress, perhaps we may lend are skills to some task."

Bart waits for a responds.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#211 Post by Alethan »

OOC: So are we just down to the three of us, then?? :-\

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#212 Post by Broggrim »

OOC: Consider Nor-jax of the T'Hunn and Frank Rock in my introduction to the town, that is if they are still with us.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Norjax »

OCC: Nor-jax and Frank are still with the party.

“My name is Mysaurus, and I am the leader of Caston village,” the armored man above the gate replies. “We cannot afford to be charitable, so we are a barter town. Goods, information, labor and skills are open for exchange. If you can accept these terms, then you may enter after surrendering all weapons to our armorer. They will be secured and returned once you leave our community.”

Actions?

a. Thank Mysaurus for his offer, but decide to move on.
b. Accept Mysaurus’ offer and enter the village.
c. Another action that does not involve interaction and/or exchange with the village.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#214 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

"Give us a moment to discuss..."

Kapok turns to his companions to see what they want to do. "I am fine with handing over my axe... anyone who does not want to give up their arms could wait outside."

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#215 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx Mutated-Human

" I suppose it will be OK" Blixx says cautiously Blixx thinks we are a formidable band weapons or not! "At any rate the news we can gather here could be quite valuable"

Namárië

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#216 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, Mutant Human

Bart nods his head and makes a noise of agreement with Blixx and Kapok.

OCC: Action B

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Norjax »

You accept Mysaurus’ offer and enter the village of Caston. The guards monitor your arms surrender but aren’t belligerent about it. The village has approximately 50 buildings inside the palisade wall, which is constructed of wood logs, rusted metal plates and sun-dried mud. The buildings are of adobe construction with thatched roofs. A central, two-story building occupies the center of the settlement.

Approximately 80 people are visible minding their own business. There appear to be an additional two dozen men/women at arms at various locations. The residents of the village are a mix of human and near-human mutants. There do not appear to be any villagers to the extremity of Kapok or Nor-jax, but the Castonites indifferent reaction to your exotic companions may be an indication that they have seen such mutants before.

Do you:

a. Find those available to barter for trade.
b. Inquire about the Ant Lord and the attack on the village.
c. Ask if your former companions, Mr. Pibbs or Jet have passed this way.
d. Some, all or another action not identified.

Map of Caston is posted

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#218 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx, Mutant Human

"Let's secure shelter for the night, then maybe we can see the town leader and speak of this Ant-Lord" The indifference to his companions and to himself gives Blixx hope this would be a good place to hang his hat for awhile.

Namárië

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#219 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

Kapok nods in agreement.

"Anyone have anything worth trading right now? That old musket we found, maybe?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Grognardsw »

Luke, Pure Human

A tough looking hombre - pure human by the look of him - steps forward. He is tall, dressed in cowboy hat, poncho and archaic western clothes that date from an old era. He's smoking - almost chewing - a short cigar. An empty antique holster is on his waist right side; on the left, a silver pistol that is obviously a plastic toy in a plastic holster.

His looks annoyed, but smiles and says, "Well howdy there, I'm Luke. You look new here, and quite a sight you make too. Folks here are a mite uncomfortable about muties, but I like 'em. Our cantina makes a stiff drink. Come have one with me."

Return to “Mutant Future - The Wretched Regions”