On the road again

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: On the road again

#41 Post by Alethan »

Cil points north, towards the trees.

"The amulet says 'north'. Does anyone know if either of these roads will lead us north? Or should we just keep going the way we're going now and start cutting cross-country?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by wolfpack »

The main road still continues in a northerly direction

The groiup once again begin their journey and travel the rest if the day unmolested. You stop as the sun begins to get low and in the distance you see ominus dark clouds and hear the distant clap of thunder.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by rredmond »

Great, now we get wet, Tubs whines.

Same watch?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by zebediah »

Are there any trees close by that might provide some cover from the rain?

I think we should stick to the same watch routine we've been using except if there is any reason to do otherwise.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#45 Post by Anivar »

Scythius smiles Don't worry Tub, you can hide under the sheet I got from Korec.

Are we able to make an educated guess about how far off the storm is and how fast it may be moving?
Ooops...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by rredmond »

Tub wrinkles his nose, You forget, I worked there. I know where that sheet has been.
:D
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Argennian »

Vik snickers at Tub's retort to Scy and shivers as he assesses the looming storm in the distance. "Aye, let us find a big 'ol tree to camp under, if'n we can. I don't relish the thought o' camping in the rain again. Probably what ended up showing up in the night more so than feeling wet as a drowning rat, methinks!"

OOC: agreed on previous watch shift as well!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by Anivar »

rredmond wrote:Tub wrinkles his nose, You forget, I worked there. I know where that sheet has been.
:D
Scythius gets a strange look on his face, realization setting in, thinking Perhaps I should burn the sheet....
Ooops...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by wolfpack »

There is the random tree on the prarie and you can travel a hundred yards or so off the road and find one.

You are unable to determine when the storm will be there.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by Anivar »

Doing his best to stop thinking about the sheet, bit making a mental note to burn it, Scythius looks into the distance I believe our destination lies at the heart of that storm. It has not moved and is not formed of nature. We have no need to seek shelter from the rain until we reach the storm.

We can camp here without worry he adds, smiling at Tub.
Ooops...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Argennian »

Viktor is visibly relieved to hear his companion's proffered words and not have to deal with getting wet while they camp and try to sleep. "A dry 'n hopefully uneventful night before we head into that...whatever it tis storm, sounds plenty good enough fer me!"

The young churl will look to spread out his bedroll near the wagon, sleeping in his leather armor and wearing Korec's magical bracers. He will keep his short bow and quiver right next to him and will be ready when it's his turn to take watch.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by wolfpack »

Assuming the party builds a fire and settles in for the night.

I need the people on 1st watch to roll 1d6 each.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by rredmond »

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#54 Post by Alethan »

wolfpack wrote:Assuming the party builds a fire and settles in for the night.

I need the people on 1st watch to roll 1d6 each.
Anyone have that watch list at their fingertips? Maybe we can post it in a static thread (that doesn't get updated frequently), along with standard marching orders, default actions, and such for easy reference?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by rredmond »

Anivar wrote:Once the camp has been set up, Scythius sits down and pulls a bed sheet and 5 arrows from his pack. He begins to tear 5 small strips of cloth from the bed sheet and wraps each strip around each arrow head and ties them in place. He then returns the arrows and remaining sheet to his pack.
(trying to prepare some make shift flares for signaling or anything else a few short lived fiery arrows could be useful for.)

watch rotation taken / modified from one of the other threads:

1. (6pm to 10pm) Sergius & Tub
2. (10pm to 2am) Vik & Scythius
3. (2am to 6am) Osric & Cilian

assuming we are all here, if not Scy will volunteer for a single man watch (ranger surprise bonus). any objections?
I believe this was the one.
Not sure if there's an SOP thread or where we could stick it.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#56 Post by zebediah »

Sergius roll:

[1d6] = 6

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by wolfpack »

Serg and tub sit around the fire talking softly and listening to the distant clap of thunder when something catches serg's attention. Your hear a rustle in the grass off to your left and a strange chattering soound.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by zebediah »

Sergius rises to his feet raising his spear, facing the direction of the sound.

State your name and business! he says loudly, trying to sound as much deputy-like as he can :P

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by wolfpack »

Crawling from the tall grass you see a horrifying site. As they stand up you cna tell they are humanoid, but the exposed bone and putrid flesh tell you they are anything but alive.

Looking remotly like orcs and wearing orcish armor you suppose that is what the 5 figures once were.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by rredmond »

Osric, Osric, Osric!! Tub says increasingly louder as he chucks a dagger at them... if he can. Zombie-fried orcs! Tub ensures he's loud enough to wake everybody up.

Return to “Aroth”