On the road again

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: On the road again

#61 Post by zebediah »

wolfpack wrote:Crawling from the tall grass you see a horrifying site. As they stand up you cna tell they are humanoid, but the exposed bone and putrid flesh tell you they are anything but alive.

Looking remotly like orcs and wearing orcish armor you suppose that is what the 5 figures once were.
Sergius throws one of his spears at the approaching undead

Spear, thrown - To hit: [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17, Damage (s/m): [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, Damage (L): [1d8+1] = 1+1 = 2

Everyone wake up! he shouts at the others

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by wolfpack »

roll tubs attack. only tub and serg can attack this round.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by rredmond »

Since a daggers ROF is 2 I'll roll twice, just disregard the second if I'm off on that Todd.

[1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18 [1d4] = 4

[1d20+3] = 17+3 = 20 [1d4] = 3

Hot dang!!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by wolfpack »

Tubs daggers strike home as does segs spear, but the weapons seem to have little effect as they pierce the bloated rotten flesh.

The 5 humanoid zombie move foward randomly searching for victims.

Two head toward serg and reach our for him with skeletal hands it grasps a him bu he is able to fend it off 1d20=9

The distraction of the first however allows the second on to grab ahold of the young warrior. 1d20=16

damage - 1d8=3

The grasp of the horrid thing is so cold it burns and worse yet it does not let go as the boney fingers tighten their grip it begins to pull Sergious towards its rotting teeth as its mouth opens wide........

the third of the undead stumbles towards Tub grasping for the young roustabout. 1d20=14

Just as it looks as if the monsterous thing will latch onto his arm Tub feels a tingle issue from his ring hand and he is able to pull away.

the 4th orc zombie lumbers towards a just now rousing Osric who unable to sleep in his bulky armor is defensless and grasped by the cretaure 1d20=11

damage - 1d8=2
howeevr unlike the one that looks ot be attempting to feast on serg this one seems to be trying to drag the big man away.

the last of the zombies stumbles towards a newly awaked and terrified scy reaching with its hungry hands it is unable to get ahold of the young ranger
1d20=7

you win init

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 4

Cilian, with no armour to worry about, stands right up and swings his staff at the zombie-orc-thingy trying to drag away Osric.

"What the hell are these things?" he asks in a panicked voice as he wacks at the creature.

To Hit, Staff [1d20-1] = 19-1 = 18
Damage, Staff [1d6] = 1
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by wolfpack »

Osric needs to make an open doors roll to break the things grip and canot attempt an attack this round he can only try to break free.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by zebediah »

wolfpack wrote:Osric needs to make an open doors roll to break the things grip and canot attempt an attack this round he can only try to break free.

What about Serg, is he allowed to attack and/or can he try to get away?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by wolfpack »

No

unlike osric the thing does not have you pinned so you are able to attack. It just has a grasp on you so it can pull itself closer.

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#69 Post by Scythius Equinus »

[1d20] = 1

In utter terror Osric, yanks his arm with as much force as he can, screaming the scream of one who sees his own death...
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by wolfpack »

make an open doors roll, look under strength in 1e players handbook. I beleive it is 1d6.

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#71 Post by Scythius Equinus »

My fault was thinking of other game

[1d6] = 1

Frank Rock - Human

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#72 Post by Anivar »

Waking to an unholy visage, Scythius stumbles backward grasping for his spear. Feeling his hand close over the familiar weapon, he thrusts it into the nightmarish creature before him. Too disturbed to even speak.

Spear to hit: [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8, Damage: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Ooops...

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by zebediah »

Sergius will try to stab the creature with his other spear and distance himself from it, taking some steps back.

Spear - To hit: [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3, Damage (s/m): [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, Damage (L): [1d8+1] = 1+1 = 2

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by wolfpack »

Vik rushes to help tub and in the proces trips and nearly impales himself

[1d20] = 1

Need an action form Tub

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by rredmond »

Ignoring the one chasing him, Tub attempts to separate Serg from his zombie thing.
If he can't safely backstab it then he will grab it by the neck to pull it backwards.

Sorry I know this is unorthodox but I'll roll a d20. Let me know if you need anything else.

[1d20] = 7 dang.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by wolfpack »

Spurred on by fear the party jumps into action although perhaps to hastily.

Cilian keeping his head about him lands a solid blow aainst the back of the undead dragging Osric just as the big man screams in horror and flexs his mightly muscles breaking the things grip.

Vik in a rush to help his friend tub gets his fet tangled in his blanket and falls flat on his face.

scy and serg strike out despretly to try and keep the things at bay but in their rush mis their targets.

Tub seeing the zombie thing pulling serg in closer with its mouth agape ready to feast on the young fighter attmepts to pull the zombie away. How ever as he grasps it shoulders his hands sink into rotten flesh and as he pulls he simly pulls away handfulls of rotten skin and fluids.

The hungry creature that has it's clutches on serg pulls itsself in and sinks its foul teeth inot the young mans arm, while its bony grip continues to strip away flesh.
1d20=16

damage
1d6=5
1d2=1

the second zombie moves towards a fallen vik who gained its atention with his movement.
The creature reaches down and wraps its arms around the struggling brigand. squeezing and lifting him up to carry him away.
1d20=20

damage
1d6=1

the zombie zeroed in on tub contunes after the young churl. But is once again unable to get his grasp on the nimble man
1d20=11

the zombie whose grasp was broken by Osric stagers back as the big man flexes his way free. It regains its balance and once again moves toward the young acolyte.

The undead on scy continues its grasping offensive, but is unable to get it's groteque hands on him.
1d20=3

you automatically win init declare actions and roll attacks

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#77 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Vile beasts from the pit

Osric sreams as he grasps the symbol of Mighty Thor in his fist and raises it towards the rotted creatures

God of thunder, banish theae beasts to rhe realms of the abyss, or let me prove my strength with my hammer

[1d20] = 15

Frank Rock - Human

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#78 Post by zebediah »

Sergius goes for his sword and tries to swing it at the zombie

Long Sword - To hit: [1d20] = 10, Damage (s/m): [1d8+1] = 2+1 = 3, Damage (L): [1d12+1] = 6+1 = 7

to no effect... :?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by Alethan »

Once again, Cilian swings at the creature attacking his clerical friend...

To Hit, Staff [1d20-1] = 15-1 = 14

Damage, Staff [1d6] = 3
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by rredmond »

Wiping the slime off his hands on the breast of his leathers, Tub attacks Serg's creature with short sword and dagger, while still trying to avoid the unwanted advances of the one attacking him:

Dagger to hit and damage: [1d20] = 9 [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Short sword, damage s-m [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, large [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4, to hit [1d20] = 1

[shakesangryfist]You gotta be freakin' kidding me.[/angryfist]

Return to “Aroth”