IC II

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: IC II

#101 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer
Styr steps out to the left of Harald ready to fight the ratty menace side by side with him.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#102 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, Shaman

"My kingdom for some crossbows! Let me see if I can burn some of them before they get here... Pesha, Babu, into the breach behind Harald and Styr! Plug the tunnel with their rodent corpses!" She hefts her crackling green flame, swirling it into a ball and looking for a clear shot at the writhing mass.

((Ranged attack with ball of flame, if possible))
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Babu will follow Harald, stepping off to the right. He will use his spear to fend rats off of the two of them.

Kondo the Lion

Kondo follows into the room. He attacks the rats with his spear.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round One

Harald hesitates for an instant and the swarm is upon him, biting and scratching. The doughty barbarian loses his footing in a sea of rodents and collapse, to be covered instantly in a carpet of flea-ridden brown fur. Perhaps not the move he intended, it allows those behind him to exit the tunnel and spread out. The rats are swiftly dispatched, and Harald emerges with minor scratches.

Harald takes 1 hp. The rat's initiative beat Harald's, which is why they only attacked him. Hmm. Perhaps being bottlenecked in the tunnel worked to y'all's advantage.
The adventurers have just slain the last rodent when a small shower of rocks rains down on them from above. Glancing up, they see the undead Una leaping down at them, surrounded by a whirling swarm of bats!
Actions, please.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#106 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

"Death from above!", Pesha shouts. He raises Kaa's spear, preparing to impale the fiend.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#107 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

With a quick hop Styr tries to position himself behind the landing Una, swinging his axe in the process so the axe connects with Una's hip before she lands.

Acrobatics 15+, hoping for backstab with the blessed long axe.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by sulldawga »

Harald will scramble to his feet as quickly as possible, readying his shield to ward off any blows before the vampire attacks.

If there's time, and a close enough target, Harald will attack with Atlanaut.
Atlanaut (sword) - +4 to hit, d6+4 dmg

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Babu sets his spear in an attempt to stake Una as she drops.

Kondo the Lion

Kondo tosses his net at Una, attempting to pin her to the ground.
Spear does double damage vs a charge.

Net gives +2 to wrestle, but does no damage.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#110 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon pulls out a braid of garlic, raises it to the approaching Una and shouts, "Away Una!"
ooc: Will Tychon's intimidation and charisma help with the garlic warding?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by thirdkingdom »

NJWilliam wrote:Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon pulls out a braid of garlic, raises it to the approaching Una and shouts, "Away Una!"
ooc: Will Tychon's intimidation and charisma help with the garlic warding?
Uh, no. But there's no roll needed. You just better hope she rolls a lower initiative than you.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#112 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

Hefting her shield, Kaa will simply hurl fire in syncopated rounds at the vampire.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round One

Una leaps lightly to the ground amidst the companions, bats swirling about her in a cloud of motion. Both Harald and Pesha react quickly to the vampire's appearance, though both their blows miss their mark. Kaa is so distracted by the flight of the bats that she can do nothing but stand slack-jawed, babbling incoherently. Styr and Tychon too are both affected by the swirling bats, and lash out at the flying mammals instead of the more dangerous target. Dozens of bats fall to Styr's wild swings, several to Tychon's. Una lashes out with a hand -- yellow nails ragged and sharp -- and attacks Babu, but the wily shaman is able to duck out of the at the last moment. Kondo retains his wits and stabs at Una with the spear, but misses.
Actions for next round, please. Keep in mind that unless the player acts to ward against the bats I will be making a new save v. spell in each subsequent round. This, of course, has the benefit of allowing those who failed to attempt again.

RE Henchmen: I am assuming that Adtas is still with Ishanter in the other room, and therefore not engaged in combat. I did not have actions for Mordred, so assumed he was warding off bats.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by sulldawga »

Harald will ignore the bats and press his attack on Una.
tk, I completely forgot to add the +2 I get against undead while using Atlanaut. Don't worry about retcon'ing last round; I added the extra bonus below for future rounds. Well, unless you think she's going to slaughter us, in which case every little bit helps.

Atlanaut (sword) - +6 to hit, d6+6 dmg

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#115 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr tries to deftly press trough the bats between him and Una, raising his axe, going for a viscious strike from above, aiming right for her head!
First Acrobatics 15+
If that worked: Long Axe 1+ 1D10*3+4
If not: Long Axe 5+ 1D10+4
Mordred the deranged Alchemist
After swatting away pesky bats he will grin and mumble some words in the Language of the dead Serpent Kings. Then he suddenly opens his mouth for a silent scream and tendrils of dark smoke shoot out, forming a large shadowy snake that tries to bite into Uma's throat.
He casts Choking Grip

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#116 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, Shaman

Kaa has little luck with flying mice, finding them to be far more annoying than the ground-based hors d'ouvres should be. Her shield is broad and sturdy, however; her hand is still aflame. That has to count for something when swatting away air-force meeces? She silently vows to drop everything and run if some sort of rat navy makes itself known, however. A lady must have limits.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Abandoning the garlic warding for the moment, Tychon ignores the bats and in a snarling voice shouts, "candidus lumen!" as a burst of fine sand leaves his outstretched fingertips and races for Una's eyes.
Casting light on Una's eyes for the blinding effect

Adtas, Explorer

Adtas makes his way, still carrying the unconscious witch, to where he can observe the melee. He looks about for a place safe from rats and bats to hopefully put down his burden.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#118 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha pulls forth the enchanted blade that he has kept in his sling roll. Using the chaos of the battle to his advantage, he attempts to sneak upon Una and slide the magic sword through her back.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Babu attempts to stab Una with his spear. "Stakes, guys. Stakes!"

] Kondo the Lion

Kondo attempts to keep the bats off of himself and Babu.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round Two

Styr moves like greased lightning, attempting to flank the vampires where his axe can do the most damage. As he moves, however, Una turns slightly as if preternaturally aware of his intentions and dodges out of the strike at the last moment. Tychon chants the words to his spell and a bright flash appears before Una's eyes before winking out of existence; perhaps the spell is ineffective against undead, or he lost concentration at a crucial moment.

The pattering of hundreds of tiny feet becomes audible as yet another rat swarm appears from the black depths of the cavern. Babu, Harald, Kondo and Mordred all lose their balance and fall to the ground, to be swiftly covered by the stampeding rodents. Mordred gives a hoarse cry and is silent.

Kaa is able to fend off the swirling bats, hand filled with flame, and the enterprising shaman is able to disperse the swarm with little trouble. Pesha takes advantage of the confusion and lunges forward, catching Una with the tip of his enchanted blade. She hisses and aims a backhanded swipe at the lithe thief, who easily dodges the blow.

Babu takes 6 hp, Harald 2, Kondo 5 and Mordred 3 from the rat swarm. Mordred has been reduced to 0/3, Kondo to, it looks like, 8/15 according the sheet. I am not going to have characters suffer the attacks of both rat and bat swarms. Man, these swarms are nasty, aren't they.

Babu, Harald and Kondo have yet to act. If you want to revise your character's actions, giving that they have just been enveloped by the rat swarm, let me know along with your proposed actions for Round Three and I shall retcon as needed.

Feargus, I wasn't quite sure how you wanted Pesha to take advantage of the melee to attempt a backstab -- Move Silently, Hide in Shadows or what. He would have hit even without the modifier, so I doubled the damage as opposed to tripling it. Guys, in the future please be as specific as possible regarding your actions or I shall interpret them to the best of my abilities.

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”