IM22 Un-Original Soundtrack

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

IM22 Un-Original Soundtrack

#1 Post by Vargr1105 »

Herein are the musical themes that have been selected to augment the mood of the IM22 Earl Aubec and the iron Galleon PbP, in order of appearance.

1 - Saga of the Eternal Champion - Veteran of the Psychic Wars (Arjen Anthony Lucassen cover)

2 - Riding for Cadsandria - Angels of Death (Hawkwind)

3 - The Naked Blade Inn - Cerberus (Amon Düül II)

4 - The Sorceress - Blue Lamp (Stevie Nicks)

5 - Fear and Loathing at the Naked Blade - Winter Retreat (Judas Priest)

6 - Skirmish at the Edge of Time - Angels of Death (live) (Hawkwind)

7 - Ride for the Gate - Hell Bent for Leather (Judas Priest)

8 - Fight at the Old Gate - Nothin’s Gonna Stand in Our Way - (Spectre General)

9 - Riding out from Cadsandria - The Devil takes the High Road (Traitor's Gate)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: IM22 Un-Original Soundtrack

#2 Post by Vargr1105 »

Updated again.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Grognardsw »

Inspiring music, but not sure what it inspires... :)

Have you heard Moorcock's work with Hawkwind. I think there was some Blue Oyster Cult song about Stormbringer.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Vargr1105 »

The tracks are supposed to complement certain scenes via atmosphere/mood, like the pics I upload. Sometimes it is the music itself that seems to fit the bill, other times it's the song or even just a few lines or only the refrain itself. Sometimes a whole music+song combo will fit a scene perfectly. I haven't used tracks with lyrics on my other PbPs, this is the first time I'm doing so. I particularly like to find tracks for action scenes and combat, it helps make the event look less like a wall of text and math and gets you on the mood.

So, so far we have:

"Veteran of the Psychic Wars" is supposed to bring the mood of the despair, futility and "never-endingness" associated with the Eternal Champion. I choose Arjen Anthony Lucassen's cover of the Blue Oyster Cult original because it is less known.

The instrumental portion of "Angels of Death", besides being a Hawkwind song inspired by Moorcock, seemed to fit well the imagery of someone speeding towards a destinations in media res.

"Cerberus" was just a ditty using classical instruments that seemed to fit the atmosphere of a medieval tavern complete with a dancer.

"Blue Lamp" was chosen because of the blue radiance shinning when Myshella appeared, because it has female vocals and because the song is about a woman. Some of the lines seemed oddly appropriate too, like "Don't listen to her, listen thru her"

"Winter Retreat" is what happens when you let Judas Priest go batshit insane with an electric guitar. The odd sound is supposed to represent the feeling of horror and dread at that scene.

There is a ton of Moorcock-inspired metal out there, but sadly most of it is garbage and/or not propper to use in a PbP soundtrack. Speaking of metal, I got metal coming out of every orifice in my body (metaphorical speaking) which I hope to use here. I got NWOBHM metal, trash metal, speed metal, epic metal, doom metal, progressive metal, etc. Metal, metal, metal and more metal...

METAL!!!

\m/ :twisted: \m/

Bang yer heads like ya like it! We're really going METAL on our run thru the Young Kingdoms here while the Gods laugh, and may the Devil take the hindermost!

Yes, I am familiar with Hawkwind. Expect to hear some more of their tunes as the game progresses...in fact, your mind may be blown by the next scene on that account. I have had this darn scene ready since well before the game started...to lets haul arse here and get to it! :)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Grognardsw »

Rock on!

I await your response to my last action post Friday. It seems Jhary will be NPCed by you.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Vargr1105 »

Hey, I hadn't noticed till now that Grognardsw is leaving comments about the music at picosong.

Right on! :mrgreen:

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Vargr1105 »

And we're up to 9 tracks. I should warn that sound quality may vary. Early 80's metal sound production values are sometimes not up to par with current standards...especially when dealign with MP3 rips from vinyls.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Grognardsw »

Is there a way to convert a song from one's itunes (burnt from a CD) to mp3, so as to be uploadable to picosongs?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Vargr1105 »

I have no idea. I have never, ever with iTunes. To be honest I don't even know what ITunes really does. Any MP3 file up to a limit of 10mb can be uploaded to Picosong.

Return to “IM22 Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon”