OOC Thread

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC Thread

#1 Post by Vargr1105 »

For all discussions pertaining the game, questions for the GM, etc.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#2 Post by Grognardsw »

Music, maps, picture and Fate points. Well done! I'll update the Earl tonight if not earlier.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Vargr1105 »

Just make the changes on the posted sheet. I don't wish to use the dice roller ones because the GM doesn't have direct access to them.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Grognardsw »

Selections and edits are done. Ready when the Fates should move us.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Computer +1 »

Hi Guys

I will fill in the details tomorrow. I have a bit of unfortunate news, I will be traveling overseas for a few weeks and my only be around to post irregurarly. If this will slow things down too much and you prefer to find another player I will understand.

Let me know if it will be a problem.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Vargr1105 »

It will be a problem if we get to a fight scene and Jhary "isn't there", unless Grognardsw is willing to run battle for the two PCs.

In the meanwhile, to determine Jhary's scrolls you can start by rolling 1d4 and 1d6 3 times, all separately.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Grognardsw »

Let's run it slowly and if battle arises I'll run Jhary. A few weeks at a slower pace isn't that bad.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Vargr1105 »

Well, lets get this thing started. Jhary will work as Aubec's henchman while Computer +1 isn't available. His character sheet has everything needed for now as-is.

I forgot to say that you can use Non-Weapon Proficiency slots to buy more languages beyond the ones granted by INT. You can retro-fit this if you wish to change it.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Grognardsw »

...I am Urlik Skarsol, and this is Alnac Kreb. We rode hard to make it before your gates closed.”
A potentially obscure reference ;) , but Urlik Skarsol is another Eternal Champion name referenced in passing in the Erekose books. And Alnac another Companion. Perhaps Aubec had strange dreams of such, so the names arose from his conscious as being false yet somehow true...

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Grognardsw »

...where a full-bodied and pulchritudinous black-haired dancer weaves...
pulchritudinous - ;) - sesquipedalianism to make Gygax proud!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Vargr1105 »

Grognardsw wrote:Am I being too paranoid about identity here? Agrimilliar is next to Lormyr, which is hunting for me. I'd likely keep a low profile, cloak the armor, shave the beard or mustache if I had one, or vice versa. While most commoners would not recognize Aubec, many would know my name, hence the pseudonyms.

Sort of. Argimilliar is not next to Lormyr, the nation of Filkhar stands between both and acts a neutral bulwark of sorts (think Belgium). Skirmishes and proxy wars have occurred between the three regions in the past, but it never got to the point of full wars since the nations became independent of Melniboné. Lormyr and Argimilliar, being the big fish in the pond of the Southern continent have seen the other's rise to prominence as a threat and sought to sabotage it. Filkhar has mainly played them against each other.

Aubec had never been in Argimilliar before he was exiled, and during his conquests he never dealt with any diplomatic parties from that nation. His armor (obviously) does not have any personal insignia or decorations that would identify it as belonging to the former Earl of Lormyr.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Vargr1105 »

Substitute the word "DRAGONS" above by "PLAYERS" and you will get a rather good fac-simile of my state of mind just now.

Come on people, shake a leg.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Grognardsw »

here!.jpg
here!.jpg (4.98 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Here, my Khal!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Vargr1105 »

LoL!

Yes, I guess I was being a bit of a drama queen back there.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Vargr1105 »

Grognardsw wrote:I await your response to my last action post Friday. It seems Jhary will be NPCed by you.
Darn it! We had a case of the blind leading (or awaiting) the blind here. I misread what you wrote, I thought you meant you would roll for Jhary's spells and I was waiting for the rolls before proceeding. :roll: :)

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Grognardsw »

Great use of pictures. Is all that text taken from the module, or are you writing it?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Vargr1105 »

Thank you.

Most of the text so far is of my own creation, except (most of) Myshella's dialogue and the lyrics from "Warrior on the Edge of Time". In fact, whole scenes and characters have been added solely from my initiative.

Grognardsw wrote:I forget, do you or I make rolls? My total is +7 to hit, +10 damage with great sword, two attacks per round.
You do the rolls when you make the declaration, rolling to hit and to damage at the same time. Once all declarations are made the GM rolls for initiative and describes what happened in the round, presenting any rolls from NPCs/Monsters/etc. So depending on how initiative plays out it may be that a PC cannot accomplish a declared action and the roll isn't used (i.e. someone declares a weapon attack and rolls for it and damage, but looses initiative and is disarmed before his segment comes).

Speaking of declarations, I hope computer +1 returns soon. It feels odd to have a 1-on-1 PbP with one PC/NPC dragging along.

Edit: oh yes, teh attack roll should be done as a straight 1d20 roll with no adds or minuses for the pre-calculated THACO of the attack the PC is using. The GM will factor in any mods from external sources. That makes the math easy and avoids having to deal with multiple differing bonuses to hit from different characters

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Grognardsw »

I made the rolls and edited them into my last post in the Action Thread.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Vargr1105 »

By the way, its "Aradard" not "Adelard" ;)

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Vargr1105 »

Grognardsw wrote:If Aubec knows Smedoline has more information, he will pause.
No ret-conning, please. :) Once you describe a course of action that is what happens unless there is some impediment. But you can post "either-or" or "if A then B, but if X instead then Y" actions.

Return to “IM22 Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon”