Rants and Raves (questions and suggestions)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rants and Raves (questions and suggestions)

#21 Post by Argennian »

+1 to the "please don't kill this game!" column, TC! :o

I absolutely love this game, my character and the party interaction here. I think that it's worth continuing in all and every regard. Obviously, you as GM have to be having fun running it as well, but I would agree with the others that it's just a slow week here and that many folks are likely busy with RL stuff versus it being a loss of interest in any way.

Things have been slow on the boards recently and it happens a lot around the holiday season from what I've seen. I know I'm responsible for slow posting here in the games I play and run. It frakking sucks! :(

I've been stuck working the last two weekends and all the daily OT has been running me into the ground. Not trying to make an excuse for myself as much as trying to reassure you that I have not lost interest here in any way. PbP is a slow format to begin with and it can get tough to be patient with it when it slows even more. Imho, this game does NOT suffer from a lack of interest.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by tooleychris »

Yeah well I WILL give an excuse for my impatience. A game Bhart was running that I enjoyed recently ended, a character I liked in DMWs game got snaked and he's making me wait for rule changes to start anew, and another game I'm in has slowed (no fault of the DM ) So I've got nothing to do. :)
Then we went a few days with no posts...I was depressed and bored.
I have no problem with RL excuses and welcome them but I didn't hear anything from anyone and, like I said, I got impatient. I apologize for jumping the gun.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

A squeaky toy noise can be heard from the ship's cargo bay as time seems to remain frozen. The dralasite, mustering all the might id has, manages to break through the wall of silence, the freezing of time. The Goosh stands in wonder as the humans stand in their battle positions, like statues, their faces contorted to strange expressions. The flashing lights in the room, glow a steady glow as they flash no more but stay illuminated in the this strange world of the unmoving. The Goosh takes advantage of this momentary time freeze and renews id's search for the fabled pringles of the ship. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by tooleychris »

I've been out with Influenza, unconscious more than not the past 4 days. I'll try to move this along today as I am finally in my right mind....sorta ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:I've been out with Influenza, unconscious more than not the past 4 days. I'll try to move this along today as I am finally in my right mind....sorta ;)
Ooof, I heard you were a bit on the sick side, but I didn't think it was that bad! I'm glad your on the way of recovery now, take your time tooley. I'm sure many of us are patient enough. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Argennian »

Rukellian wrote:
tooleychris wrote:I've been out with Influenza, unconscious more than not the past 4 days. I'll try to move this along today as I am finally in my right mind....sorta ;)
Ooof, I heard you were a bit on the sick side, but I didn't think it was that bad! I'm glad your on the way of recovery now, take your time tooley. I'm sure many of us are patient enough. ;)
+1 RL stuff, especially health concerns & issues, trumps all.

And I'm still in for the duration here, btw! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by tooleychris »

What REALLY sucks is spending all that time in bed and not even having the energy (or state of mind) to pick up my laptop. I really wanted to playtest Elite:Dangerous but I was really out of it... :(

http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:will wait and see If Ruke still has time for us :lol:
Hmm, I could also say the same thing about a certain Mr. Flynn. :P

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by tooleychris »

Oh crap! I haven't seen a notification for that campaign in awhile. My fault for not checking!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Ragg looks at the humanoids calling to him, his eyes peering at each one. He takes a step towards the group, testing their reaction before rushing towards them, stopping just in front of them. He looks at each one more closely now, sniffing the air for their scents. He then turns back to the door and motions for them to follow by moving his head as he goes back to the door.
cocks his head to the side and says "Bacon?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by MonkeyWrench »

:lol: :lol:

Dog's don't know its not bacon!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote:The Goosh starts to squeal in joy with id's signature squeaky toy noise, completely forgetting that id is right next to the dog man

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Zhym »

I am so stealing that for S.C.A.M.P. in the superhero game when the time is right. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rukellian »

Zhym wrote:I am so stealing that for S.C.A.M.P. in the superhero game when the time is right. :)
Hehe.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Haha, I almost forgot that we are all kind of in the same games, a little sub group of the unseen servants? Could a new power be rising?!??
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

as far as I can tell my character is ready to be approved or denied :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well where did tooley get off too?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Don't know, Life might be kicking his ass something severe...

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thats ok as he was not ready for me yet so not a huge loss to me. :P

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Argennian »

Here's hoping that he's just getting some RL drama sorted and will be back soon.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “April 2031”