OOC Chat

#1 Post by Bloodaxe »

Chat & Questions.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat

#3 Post by thirdkingdom »

One more quick question. I think it is wise for us to have a mule or donkey. Not sure I'll be able to swing it on my own, so maybe the party can go in together and buy one? Anyway, BA, what's your take on beasts of burden. If we hobble it outside the caves, trying to keep it as hidden as possible, are we asking to be messed with? Or are you cool with letting us do stuff like that?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Bloodaxe »

You can try. It depends how busy the area is, where you leave your baggage. No guard, not enough guards is risky. The Keep & Caves area is on the borderlands. A wild & dangerous place.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Grognardsw »

Hi BA, are hp assigned or do we take max? I'm going by the two characters already posted up. Thanks!

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Bloodaxe »

Grognardsw wrote:Hi BA, are hp assigned or do we take max? I'm going by the two characters already posted up. Thanks!

When you choose class, I roll two dice & you take the highest roll, + CON of course.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Bloodaxe »

thirdkingdom wrote:Okay, so if we get a mule we should probably hire a half-dozen or so guards.

And languages?

Pick languages by INT, and race.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Bloodaxe »

The adventure will start with you travelling with a caravan to the gates of the Keep. We start with your group right outside of the Keep.

Don't forget- you get a 200 xp bonus for a short background, personality, and an appropriate pic. ( that's a lot of dead Orcs!)

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Lets Do It!

#10 Post by Fearghus »

Blood - Character updated and posted. Let me know if it meets the requirements for the xp bonus, and if the picture is within the allowed vision of the game.

Team - I have a few gold remaining if anyone is interested in going in on the mule and henchmen.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by thirdkingdom »

Bloodaxe wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:Okay, so if we get a mule we should probably hire a half-dozen or so guards.

And languages?

Pick languages by INT, and race.
I should have been more specific. Are there any racial languages that are out of the question? Are we using alignment languages?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Bloodaxe »

Not using alignment languages.
Languages that are out of the question? Give me an example. If you have a reason to know an obscure language- then you can. A mage might know the blue dragon tongue because he is a scholar, but probably not a Halfling.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by thirdkingdom »

Bloodaxe wrote:Not using alignment languages.
Languages that are out of the question? Give me an example. If you have a reason to know an obscure language- then you can. A mage might know the blue dragon tongue because he is a scholar, but probably not a Halfling.
No, I'm just thinking more in terms of the Charm Person spell. If we were using alignment languages I was so going to be Chaotic, but now I've got to figure out if I want goblin or orc or ogre . . .

And this is just a small thing, but I do a lot of posting from my phone, and it is very helpful if images are spoilered when possible. Helps with loading speeds and so forth.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Fearghus »

The LL books mentions elves and dwarves start off speaking multiple languages. Are we sticking with that or having them choose languages like a human? If the later, do they get common for free with their racial language?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Bloodaxe »

Fearghus wrote:The LL books mentions elves and dwarves start off speaking multiple languages. Are we sticking with that or having them choose languages like a human? If the later, do they get common for free with their racial language?
Yes, you speak your race language, common, and the bonus languages also. (maybe not fluently, but enough)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Bloodaxe »

When you post- please put the name of your character & class/race at the top. We have 10 players, so I need to be able to keep track of everyone.

Badger1stClass
Runner
Runner

#17 Post by Badger1stClass »

A few quick setting questions:

1) Are there female Dwarves?
2) Do they adventure/have combat-oriented occupations?
3) Do they have beards?
Marda the Red, Dwarf in Bloodaxe's "Keep on the Borderlands" using "Labyrinth Lord"
Gwinn Aldreed, Half-Elf Thief/Mage in Rukellian's "Fabricator of Planes" using "OSRIC"

Badger1stClass
Runner
Runner

Re: Lets Do It!

#18 Post by Badger1stClass »

Fearghus wrote:Team - I have a few gold remaining if anyone is interested in going in on the mule and henchmen.
I've got a few gold left to add to the team coffer as well. I could add more if we coordinate adventuring equipment some. (We only need so many mirrors and lengths of rope.)
Marda the Red, Dwarf in Bloodaxe's "Keep on the Borderlands" using "Labyrinth Lord"
Gwinn Aldreed, Half-Elf Thief/Mage in Rukellian's "Fabricator of Planes" using "OSRIC"

monk
Runner
Runner

#19 Post by monk »

I've got three gp you're welcome to. :oops:

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Bloodaxe »

Badger1stClass wrote:A few quick setting questions:

1) Are there female Dwarves?
2) Do they adventure/have combat-oriented occupations?
3) Do they have beards?

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) I don't know. Its up to you. Elwita- from Slave pits adventures is a female dwarf fighter with a beard.

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”