OOC Thread

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC Thread

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Want to talk outside of the game with your fellow adventurers? Do so in this thread. Just keep it mature, alright? ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Storycrafter
Squire
Squire

Re: OOC Thread

#2 Post by Storycrafter »

Turns out I was being overly optimistic about the ranger. Bad rolls.

So since the fighter/cleric combo is taken, and it doesn't sound like we have a tricksies type character, I've decided to roll a thief. I'll probably make him half-elven.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

Storycrafter wrote:Turns out I was being overly optimistic about the ranger. Bad rolls.

So since the fighter/cleric combo is taken, and it doesn't sound like we have a tricksies type character, I've decided to roll a thief. I'll probably make him half-elven.
*shrugs* hey, the dice roller favors/hates no one, though some people would have you think otherwise :lol:
A friendly reminder though, make sure you post your character info on the character sheet thread. Try to stay away from using the unseen servant dice roller one, unless you plan on keeping track of and updating both on your own. Keeping track of two different character sheet layouts can be time consuming and sometimes confusing in the long run.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

Alright, we have at least 4 people now who have posted their finalized sheets. This tells me that we are all ready to go! I am waiting on a response from a 5th person, but I don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer than need be. So with that said, let's plan to start this campaign off on July 6th. I will need an okay from each person before I begin.

(Note that if it does start on the 6th, I will not be able to post until later in the afternoon E.S.T. , driving from hotel back home)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by onlyme »

I am good to go with the one remaining question of 2nd language beyond common for Witsell. Are there any others he should know?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:I am good to go with the one remaining question of 2nd language beyond common for Witsell. Are there any others he should know?
According to his background, its safe to assume that Witsell will only know common in the beginning on the game. Any other languages that he may attempt to learn, later on in the campaign, I will judge accordingly. Some extremes that I would say no to would be a human learning demonic tongues or languages of the divine right off the bat. Goblin speak and other evil creatures will also be hard to learn, assuming that they have not had contact with said monsters growing up. The major demi-human races such as dwarves and elves will be somewhat easier to learn, given the relations that humans have had with them in this campaign's history, but it will still be difficult to learn the language due to those very same relations.

So in a nutshell, yeah, your just going to be starting off with common.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rukellian »

So far, only onlyme has chimed in with being ready to go. Still waiting on the rest of the group before I begin. A friendly reminder to everyone, the post rate, when we do start, will be every other day (4 days out of a whole week). If for some reason you cannot keep up with that post rate, let me know and I will see if I can accomodate those needs. Using this system I am hoping to keep the story progression moving at a regular rate, any less and I think it might get too slow for my tastes.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by NJWilliam »

Ready here.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rukellian »

We are almost ready guys, thank you for your continued patience! We are just waiting on Badger to say he/she is ready. We might have another player coming in too, but he might be inserted later when the campaign starts up. But what do I know... maybe that same player will be ready before Badger? Bottom line is that I would like at least 4 players ready before we start and we have 3, so hang tight everyone.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon is posted in the Finalized Character Sheet Thread. Game on!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

The first chapter is now up! Remember, we will try to keep this at post every other day (4 out of 7 days of the week).

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Grognardsw »

“When I was a fighting man
The kettle drums they beat
The people scattered gold dust
Before my horse’s feet.

But now I am a great king
The people hound my track
With poison in my wine cup
And daggers at my back!”
With credit to the scribe from Cross Plains :)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by tooleychris »

That was 2 posts an hour requirements... right? :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

Heh, actually the requirement is a post every other day. But I figured that things would go quickly in the beginning then naturally slow down. Now that I think about it, it would probably be better said that the posting rate is a post as much as you want every other day. But, I'm not going to be too picky.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

I apologize to everyone if the pace right now seems a bit slow. I'm trying to give Badger1stClass, who has yet to join us, a chance to chime in before I really get things moving. But from the way things look, he might have very well forgotten about this all together? Hehe, lets hope not.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:I apologize to everyone if the pace right now seems a bit slow. I'm trying to give Badger1stClass, who has yet to join us, a chance to chime in before I really get things moving. But from the way things look, he might have very well forgotten about this all together? Hehe, lets hope not.
No worries.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by tooleychris »

Hey, it's not easy fabricating realms!! :-)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rukellian »

I'm going to give Badger1stClass until the end of this month to chime in. If I don't get any responses from him by 5:00 Eastern Standard Time, I will go ahead and move along the story. Who knows, I might do it sooner.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:I'm going to give Badger1stClass until the end of this month to chime in. If I don't get any responses from him by 5:00 Eastern Standard Time, I will go ahead and move along the story. Who knows, I might do it sooner.

That's fine, we have to wait for the royal messenger to show up anyway.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Grognardsw »

Glad to resume again. You can always slide another PC in later by announcing a LFP slot, or if there was a waiting list.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”