OOC Thread

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#241 Post by tooleychris »

If not, it was still useful to me as I'm working on a BRP book that involves building castles. So thanks, for my part. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Rukellian »

Zhym wrote:Tolkien was a linguist, not an architect. ;)

Anyway, Tolkien was vague about the tower's height; it's only extrapolations that lead to estimates of it being 1,000-5,000 feet tall.

If Rukellian is going for fantastically outsized, well done. If he's wanting something a bit more realistic (and his post sounded like he might be), I thought a comparison to real-world castles might be useful.
I'm no architect, that's for sure! :lol: Thanks for looking into this Zhym. I had a hard time finding some accurate references to castle measurements, most of which I had to go off of being fantasy representations. I figured though, since this IS a fantasy rpg game, I could fudge the numbers a bit.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by onlyme »

Ruk,
Are you waiting on an action from me? Whitsell would be in the rear and not able to do much. Who else needs to post?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:Ruk,
Are you waiting on an action from me? Whitsell would be in the rear and not able to do much. Who else needs to post?
Don't worry onlyme, I've got your character actions. Just waiting to see how they will engage in close quarters combat right now.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Zhym »

Is there anything only Matkinsai would know that Elethil would also know? It's hard to do the "prove you're who you claim to be" thing with a mostly made-up shared history. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Rukellian »

Zhym wrote:Is there anything only Matkinsai would know that Elethil would also know? It's hard to do the "prove you're who you claim to be" thing with a mostly made-up shared history. :)
I'm sorry to say that nothing really comes to mind, not without making up something on the fly for this already mostly-made up shared history :lol: Matkinsai did not have a lot of direct contact with this guild members, not even Joffrey the second in command; so it would be hard to determine, from an in-game lore point of view, what Matkinsai would know for sure that Elethil also knows, something exclusive to those two.

I mean.... if we really wanted to be silly with it, I guess it could boil down to knowing what sort of drink Matkinsai chose when sitting down with Elethil for the first time.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Rukellian »

I'm currently discussing some issues that arose with someone. I will pause the games for now and pick up when the issues have been dealt with properly. Please ignore the last few posts for now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Rukellian »

I really am trying to give MonkeyWrench a chance to chime in with Rand. But at the rate things are going, he might not see the end of the game. :|

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench has been absent from my campaign for a long time. Hope he's ok but thinking he's burned out. He was in a lot of games...

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by tooleychris »

quote="Grognardsw"]Deceidon attempts to pick the lock, but somehow makes it even more locked.[/quote]

have an image of Han Solo trying to pick the lock to the shield generator back door and causing extra blast doors to seal. :)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by tooleychris »

Grognardsw wrote:Deceidon attempts to pick the lock, but somehow makes it even more locked.
have an image of Han Solo trying to pick the lock to the shield generator back door and causing extra blast doors to seal. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Rukellian »

:lol: nice one tooley!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Grognardsw »

:lol:

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by onlyme »

Zhym wrote:Elethil has no songs
He apparently didnt grow up in the 80's watching the same hour long tv theater shows as Whitsell.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Zhym »

Hah!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Rukellian »

I'll respond to the posts in chapter 6 with an update on Wednesday. I'm not really feeling up to the task at the moment, my mindset is elsewhere.

Just to clarify as well, Chapter 7, the epilogue, will begin in the morning when everyone wakes at the tavern.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by onlyme »

Ruke...
I'll admit, I have no idea how many HPs Whitsell has left...
Before we begin the next series of adventure, I need to reconstruct it. Unless you have kept up with it, or are planning on Amberlynn or someone else making some magical healing to get us to full...

Thanks/sorry...

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by tooleychris »

Think Ruke said FLYNNS (not whitsells :) ) girlfriend healed everybody up to full? Kissed all the booboos bye-bye

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by onlyme »

ahh, yes... he did... Guess Whitsell was too busy fuming to notice...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Rukellian »

Amberlynn's ministrations have brought everyone back to full health, though Captain Hal and the king will take longer to heal completely.
Sorry to burst your bubble there Tooley, but I did say everyone. This was a bit of an end-game freebie considering that it was the end of a very long day for the characters and they went through so much crap.

If some of you are uncomfortable with this decision, I would be willing to roll the regular ministration rolls to see how much you would recover.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”