Before the moor...(Pre-First exploration.)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Before the moor...(Pre-First exploration.)

#21 Post by Distorted Humor »

Last but not least two more men at arms arrive.

Gulson - A former stableboy, Kinda thin, has Leather Armor and a Longsword, Dagger.
Dinto - a halfling with a sling

Hearing that there is jobs to be had. Also a gentleman offers to sell the group a map of the aboveground area for a small price of one gold...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by NJWilliam »

Odger, Thief
Distorted Humor wrote: Orc teeth, and Boar, me and my mate killed each one of them, but my buddy died over at the borderlands, so I came here....

he smiles hoping to be hired...
Odger nods at Wardo's explanation of the teeth he wears. "I could use some muscle to go with my stealth and make us both wealthy. I could pay you daily, or give you a one-third share of the spoils, including magic items. What do you say?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#23 Post by Stouthart »

Distorted Humor wrote:Last but not least two more men at arms arrive.

Gulson - A former stableboy, Kinda thin, has Leather Armor and a Longsword, Dagger.
Cobb will approach Gulson. "You, beanpole! Looking for work? I offer standard pay. You do a good enough job, there might be a little extra in it for ya." He spits in his right hand and holds it out to seal the deal.

Drew Bergstrom
Squire
Squire

#24 Post by Drew Bergstrom »

Distorted Humor wrote:They agree to the standard rate, though they ask for a day wages up front.
"Sounds more than fair, that does" Colin replies with a smile, and pays each of them their coin and orders a round.
Colin Coppersmith, Lvl 1 Halfling; Barrowmaze, Part Duex

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Distorted Humor »

Wardo and Gulson sign on...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by ybn1197 »

Hearing that there is jobs to be had. Also a gentleman offers to sell the group a map of the aboveground area for a small price of one gold...
Olwe approaches the halfling, eyeing him up. With a rising oh his right eyebrow Olwe asks, "You any good with that sling?"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Blazeguard »

Distorted Humor wrote:Stavros mentions a minor god, you know it to be a common if minor lawful god. Sundarr worships Peone, the neutral goddess of the fields.

Both want to go and earn some coin, but think of this as a good way to become "apprentice adventures", and they just know a very valuable Pearl was taken out not long ago...

A drunk overhearing this says "I have heard many of thing, buy me a drink and I will tell all I know. "
"Well, there may be a splinter of possibility with these two" he mutters to himself. Seeing their strange looks Jericho breaks out of his reverie. "If adventurers ye want to be, then adventurers we'll make ye. I can offer ye both the going rate of 1 gp/day", he says laying 2 gp on the table in front of them, "with the first day's wage up front." Hearing the drunk interrupt them he waves to the barmaid to bring a round for all of them. "What know ye of the barrows?" he asks.

(OOC:I know the rate for torch-bearers and men-at-arms is different but I may switch them out as we go along and hopefully that might buy a little extra loyalty if when needed.)

Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#28 Post by Stouthart »

Distorted Humor wrote:Also a gentleman offers to sell the group a map of the aboveground area for a small price of one gold...
Cobb will barter with the gentleman. "5 silver... and I suggest ya take it before I change my mind and start offering copper!"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Distorted Humor »

ybn1197 wrote:

Olwe approaches the halfling, eyeing him up. With a rising oh his right eyebrow Olwe asks, "You any good with that sling?"
Every hare and wolf and dog knows not to go in my fields back in the highlands.... He says he can show you how good he is if you want to go outside and see...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Distorted Humor »

NJWilliam wrote:Odger, Thief
Distorted Humor wrote: Orc teeth, and Boar, me and my mate killed each one of them, but my buddy died over at the borderlands, so I came here....

he smiles hoping to be hired...
Odger nods at Wardo's explanation of the teeth he wears. "I could use some muscle to go with my stealth and make us both wealthy. I could pay you daily, or give you a one-third share of the spoils, including magic items. What do you say?"
He readily agrees

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Distorted Humor »

Stouthart wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:Also a gentleman offers to sell the group a map of the aboveground area for a small price of one gold...
Cobb will barter with the gentleman. "5 silver... and I suggest ya take it before I change my mind and start offering copper!"

He thinks, then goes very well

and demands his five silvers, and says the central one is where the main adventures are at. some of the others are unexplored, or long since looted.

(OOC - sorry for any delays, let me know if anyone has questions about if they have hired someone or not. And I think its time we move this game to the real place...the barrowmaze....)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by ybn1197 »

Distorted Humor wrote:Every hare and wolf and dog knows not to go in my fields back in the highlands.... He says he can show you how good he is if you want to go outside and see...
Olwë grins from ear to ear. "I trust you," he says with a jovial laugh. "One days wages in advance, the rest upon our return. Sounds fair to me. What say you?"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Distorted Humor »

ybn1197 wrote:
Distorted Humor wrote:Every hare and wolf and dog knows not to go in my fields back in the highlands.... He says he can show you how good he is if you want to go outside and see...
Olwë grins from ear to ear. "I trust you," he says with a jovial laugh. "One days wages in advance, the rest upon our return. Sounds fair to me. What say you?"
He agrees....

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by NJWilliam »

Odger Whitetooth, Thief

Before setting out, Odger buys the following for Wardo (unless Wardo already has them): a sling and 20 bullets, a mace, a shield, 8 torches, 50 feet rope, grappling hook, 10 days rations.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Return to “Barrowmaze, Part Duex”