Action Thread 9

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 9

#221 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
saalaria wrote:Dredd casts magic missile
Ron the filth gives me a target to lock on - right?
Unfortunately yes. :D
Hey, all I had was poop. So I flung poop. Sue me.

Or call me a chimp, I guess...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#222 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett jostles around behind Dredd, his short sword in hand. Assuming Blodgett can't attack, he'll move to meet the now slimy apparition, with the intention of attacking next round.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern hears the commotion and looks to see where the attacks are being directed.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:45 a

The Slave Pits

The slaver is still invisible but outlined in feces and unclear sewage water. Everyone jumps to action, Dredd starts casting one of his magic missiles, several folks start to head over to block the slaver's routes of egress. But before anything occurs a twanging sound is heard from the ranger. Two arrows smash off the back walls, causing Freda to cringe, though their magic saves them from splintering. Then three bright balls of energy slam into the slaver, knocking him back into the same wall. Targeting those impacts Freda smiles and looses a third arrow, which seems to go through about the neck area, though it's hard to tell. The arrow suspends itself in midair for the briefest of seconds, with an invisible middle reminding everyone of the lesser bards and their trick arrows, then it falls to the ground, as does the slaver. Again it's hard to tell, but he doesn't seem to be moving or breathing. Sorry Sam, didn't need you to roll damage for the MM as he only had two HPs left after Freda's massive arrow damage, the minimum damage your MMs would have done would have been 6 HPs. More than enough.

Except for the heavy breathing of the party after this encounter, the room is quiet.

Until the banging begins again at the door. "Sturm! Come out and deal with me like a man before I have my people slice your pigmen in half. I aim to take these slaves with me at a reasonable price!" Then the banging and doorknob (handle) rattling continues anew. But the door does not budge.

There is 9 more minutes to the Hold Portal, I'm keeping track below. Besides the party, nothing else is alive in the room.

HPs: Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Hold Portal spell 9 rounds.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#225 Post by Alethan »

Freda gathers her arrows, then does a quick search of the (now visible?) body to see if she can find anything useful.

"Whoever is on the other side of that door, it sounds like the orcs with him don't have their heart in it. Let's shove the bodies into the troughs here, put a few people back at the table, as if they are in control now, and anyone with ranged weapons can line one side of the walls like the orcs did earlier. We put out any torches but the ones there by the desk, then let him come down the stairs into the middle of the room. When he and his orcs are down the stairs, we let 'em have it."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will continue to man (or elf) the bottom of the stairs, while others get into defensive positions, gratefull the invisible accountant has not crept up behind him."would prefer to take them on these stairs, single file will hinder them and we can cover any retreat up the ladder"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by tkrexx »

Did Phanstern get a good enough look at our Sturm to effectively cast Change Self in his likeness? I mean, without the feces?

If they get angry enough, can they break down the door? Sounds as though whoever is there is has men enough to slay the Orcs...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#228 Post by Alethan »

"Fighting them on the stairs would give them the tactical advantage, Kayen. I'm not sure I want to give that up, given we don't even know their numbers," Freda replies.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Stirling »

"well was thinking that we had good AOE spells last time and if we can bunch any intruders up then we could get more at once? what magical arcanary do we have left to use..?"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#230 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett, sorry he didn't get a hit in, but pleased the invisible man is dead, speaks ought we feign a voice that let's the man behind the door know that everything is okay here? He gestures finger quotes when he says the word 'okay'. He continues and that we'll open the door shortly
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:46 a

The Slave Pits

Freda rushes across the sewage bridge to gather up her arrows. She starts to try and search the still invisible slaver but he slowly becomes visible. He has leather armor, really nice looking boots, a long sword, a sling with a small sack of bullets, a shiny nice looking ring, and in a chest pocket, that looks designed to hold a potion bottle, a bottle of clear liquid - it looks about an 1/8th more than half full. (5 doses left... wow.)

The rest of the party quietly discusses what to do, as they look at around at the blood slicked floors and bodies of dead orcs, weasels and slaver. Phanstern can get a really good look at Sturm though, better than he had before.

HPs: Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-3/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Hold Portal spell 8 rounds.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#232 Post by Alethan »

Freda snatches the ring, the boots, and the potion bottle.

As an after thought, she examines his long sword to see if it appears to be of better quality than hers. If it does, then she'll take his and leave her own.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by rredmond »

Coming out of the scabbard the sword does not glow. It looks of a similar quality as yours.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#234 Post by saalaria »

rredmond wrote:.

Day 1– In the complex – 11:45 a

The Slave Pits

The slaver is still invisible but outlined in feces and unclear sewage water. Everyone jumps to action, Dredd starts casting one of his magic missiles, several folks start to head over to block the slaver's routes of egress. But before anything occurs a twanging sound is heard from the ranger. Two arrows smash off the back walls, causing Freda to cringe, though their magic saves them from splintering. Then three bright balls of energy slam into the slaver, knocking him back into the same wall. Targeting those impacts Freda smiles and looses a third arrow, which seems to go through about the neck area, though it's hard to tell. The arrow suspends itself in midair for the briefest of seconds, with an invisible middle reminding everyone of the lesser bards and their trick arrows, then it falls to the ground, as does the slaver. Again it's hard to tell, but he doesn't seem to be moving or breathing. Sorry Sam, didn't need you to roll damage for the MM as he only had two HPs left after Freda's massive arrow damage, the minimum damage your MMs would have done would have been 6 HPs. More than enough.

Except for the heavy breathing of the party after this encounter, the room is quiet.

Until the banging begins again at the door. "Sturm! Come out and deal with me like a man before I have my people slice your pigmen in half. I aim to take these slaves with me at a reasonable price!" Then the banging and doorknob (handle) rattling continues anew. But the door does not budge.

There is 9 more minutes to the Hold Portal, I'm keeping track below. Besides the party, nothing else is alive in the room.
All good with me RR - but what were the balls of energy..the arrows? I cant quite picture it

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by rredmond »

saalaria wrote: All good with me RR - but what were the balls of energy..the arrows? I cant quite picture it
sorry. I was being all dramatic and stuff with the Magic Missiles. Shoulda known better. :D it was Delgath's magic missiles

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#236 Post by saalaria »

aha - yep cool ...all makes sense now

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by max_vale »

Ogre; breathing heavy now that the adrenaline is rushing out of him as the invisible opponent has been suddenly dealt with; looks confused for a long moment. Staring at the door the banging is coming from and then listening to his companions talk about how to deal with the situation; he seems to shrug and moves to the side of the narrow doorway and passage and takes up a position where he is ready to hack the opponents down after his teammates pour on the missile fire....

OOC: Glad to hear that your kid is doing okay and that the game is back!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by rredmond »

max_vale wrote: OOC: Glad to hear that your kid is doing okay and that the game is back!
Thanks Max!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#239 Post by saalaria »

Dredd moves to stand by Kayen at the base of the ladder

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by tkrexx »

The potion! Phanstern hisses. It made Sturm invisible! Give it to Blodget, quickly! I have no more mighty offensive spells left, only a couple of tricks to be used at close range, and some defensive capabilities... Along with one spell designed for escape. If you see a fog arising, that means RUN AWAY! The enemy will not be able to find us.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”