Action Thread 9

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 9

#201 Post by saalaria »

Dredd shoves (or at least attempts to!) The two fighters to the north of the steps and remins them:

"He was tucked in there - advance and swing away."

I think this was mentioned in PM if not in main thread

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#202 Post by Alethan »

OOC: so he's just at the top of the stairs?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#203 Post by saalaria »

No on the lower level just 'north' of the stairs, tucked in the corner by the wall...or at lest he was...spell now expired

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#204 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote:No on the lower level just 'north' of the stairs, tucked in the corner by the wall...or at lest he was...spell now expired
OOC: Oh! Yeah, I guess I missed that part. Thanks for clarifying.

OOOC: Ron, were any of the orcs wearing helmets? And what is in the "moat" again?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Stirling »

With the javelin readied for action, Kayen will unroll his scroll and prepare to cast 'Hold Portal' upon the door at the top of the western stairs,"it will barricade re-inforcements away from us for a while."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:OOOC: Ron, were any of the orcs wearing helmets? And what is in the "moat" again?[/ooc]
It looks like all the orcs were wearing helmets, dressed somewhat better than Lul and his companions.
The moat is floating sewage... it's less smelly than the dungeon has been, but cleaner sewage is still sewage. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#207 Post by Alethan »

Freda climbs back down the stairs and looks around at the only other places the invisible guy could be hiding.

She makes a point of not looking at the area near the stairs and says, "Get ready, everyone..."

Once the others are in place, she removes a helmet from one of the fallen orcs, leans down and fills it half way with the water from the canal in the floor (making a horrible face as she does so), and stands back up.

Then she sloshes the raw sewage in the direction of the space below the stairs.

OOC: gag! But I couldn't think of anything else to throw that might outline the invisible person... Let me know if you want a To Hit roll or anything, Ron.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by tkrexx »

Good show, Al!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:43 a

The Slave Pits

Phanstern starts picking up daggers, essentially each orc has a dagger plus a short sword and light crossbow.

Kayen and Ogre prepare for action, while Kayen breaks out his scroll.

Then Freda, while checking around, fills orc #7’s helmet with water and sloshes it into the corner of the stairs. As she’s doing that the party hears running footsteps, away from that corner and north, followed what sounds like a fall on the floor. Then there’s only silence.

Silence except for the sounds at the top of the stairwell, the human voice is getting louder than the orcs and sounds angry. The cracks of the whips seem to grow more intense punctuated by cries of pain.

The pink are the bloody swatches of ex-orcs and ex-weasles. Let me know if there are any questions.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#210 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Where was the sound that suddenly stopped? More by 02/01? If so...

Freda scoops another bucket of filth and throws it where she thinks she heard the sound.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#211 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett watches intently as Freda tosses the stinky water around, ready to attack if the man is revealed.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by Stirling »

'Hold Portal' cast from the scroll upon door at top of staircase. "effective for a few minutes at least....unless some high level wizard dude is up there!" Kayen is looking around listening intently at both rattles of doorknobs and footsteps from above and for sneak treads behind.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern's collection process continues until he has all the daggers he can carry. His offensive spell list low, he must make sure he is of some use if another encounter is imminent. He still seems worried that something or someone will steal up behind him invisibly.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by max_vale »

Ogre growls and turns in the direction of the noise; keeping his shield held in front of him and his sword poised; ready to swing if Freda's slop reveals anybody standing there....

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Stirling »

Kayen will call Phanstern over and hand him a second Javelin of Piercing taken from over his shoulder. "I believe this will be of more use to you", and whisper to Phanstern to something hidden and point to the southern most bridge by bodies 03/04

PM sent to Phanstern

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:44 a

The Slave Pits

Many apologies to you all as well. The short version, my 3yo’s surgery went okay, the recovery was rough. Then there was a merger at work, then there was me banning my own IP in the midst of getting rid of 15 spam posts… gotta remember that just because Alethan makes it seem like duck soup, doesn’t mean it is! Anyway, my apologies again, I’m not going to say that there won’t be some issues with Christmas coming, but I’ll certainly be better than I have. Unless there's any objections, I'm going to have Elwita take the slaves to safety. That'll still leave us with seven characters which should be fine. Thanks everyone.

Elwita gets nervous and heads up the ladder, I’m going to get those slaves to safety and come back for you all.

The crack of whips and cries of pain get closer to the door at the top of the steps, and the human voice gets louder, then where is he! can be made out over the protestations of orcs. As the doorknob rattles, Kayen finishes speaking. The Hold Portal spell disappears from the scroll and the door does not open. The yelling and painful cries continue at the top on the other side of the door. mark the spell off the scroll, it’ll last for 10 minutes

Meanwhile Freda tosses sewage filled water around the spot where the noise ended, and scores a hit. The water is displaced and small bits of filth outline the person laying there. That person was obviously trying to sit or crawl quietly, but now they jump up, slip a bit, regain their balance and start to run east toward the bridge again.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (108.94 KiB) Viewed 638 times
If you are making any actions, please make the corresponding rolls to those actions. Thanks everyone.

[/b]HPs: Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (121 minutes left OUT) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Hold Portal spell 10 rounds.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#218 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 6

Her target now visible once more, Freda strafes him with magical arrows...

To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 17) [1d20+5] = 6+5 = 11
To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 17) [1d20+5] = 7+5 = 12
(Hits AC 5; I'm going to assume that is a miss, but let me know if I need a damage roll there, Ron.)
To Hit, Arrow+2 (THAC0 17) [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25
Damage, Arrow+2 [1d6+4] = 6+4 = 10
(That's more like it...)

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#219 Post by saalaria »

Dredd casts magic missile
Ron the filth gives me a target to lock on - right?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by rredmond »

saalaria wrote:Dredd casts magic missile
Ron the filth gives me a target to lock on - right?
Unfortunately yes. :D

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”