Action Thread 9

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 9

#181 Post by saalaria »

Dredd descends the ladder to try to pick up the boss's thoughts again - once on the ground he will move swiftly across to the stairs

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern takes a good look at one of the Orcs, then whispers, Where is Lul?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:36 a

The Slave Pits

Dredd comes down the ladder.

As the others mill about wondering about the missing slaver, and Phanstern wonders about Lul there's noise from up above. Could be the slaves yelling, or fighting but it's hard to be sure.

Lul pokes his head out, These slaves are getting rowdy and trying to escape! You want I should kill them? At that point he is pushed out from the opening to fall to the ground. A sickening crunch is heard and he doesn't get up.

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (122 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by tkrexx »

Oh, Phanstern gulps. There's Lul. He's looked better. It seems, my friends, that we have more than one problem. He quickly begins grabbing as many daggers as he can from dead Orcs, his head turning this way and that as a man expecting death from all directions.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by rredmond »

Dredd Delgath rushes across the platform and starts to hustle (in a nice but persistent way) Ogre and Freda up the stairs.
When the two, much more burly folks, look at him cross-eyed, Dredd says: Quick he's getting away - must be this way, keep swinging!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#186 Post by Alethan »

Freda does just that, moving up the stairs and swinging.

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 7

She will keep her pace up as long as she doesn't come up to a blind turn in the path. Or until she sees signs of danger.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by max_vale »

Ogre gives Dread a dour look but then when the Mage's words finally sink in; he follows Fred up the stairs and then moves away from her and swings his sword in as massive an arc has he can; attempting to hit the invisible foe....

Attack roll: 1d20+4 (+2 for STR, +1 for Specialization and +1 for Magic Sword): [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11

OOC: And it's back to crappy rolls from the die-roller....sorry people!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#188 Post by saalaria »

Dredd continues after the 2 warriors, concentrating hard...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by rredmond »

PM Sent.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by saalaria »

"Got him briefly - he's still in the room just north of the stairs we came up - double back and get him. The spell has expired so we need to surprise him" Dredd whispers to Freda and Ogre

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#191 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett readies his short sword and watches the entrance where they came into the room. He will sound an alarm if baddies enter from that direction.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:40 a

The Slave Pits

After Lul falls, Delgath ushers Freda and Ogre up then down the stairs. Blodgett sees no more action from up there. No one is peeking out of the hole, and it’s very quiet now.
Eljay moves toward that ladder leading up to the hole.

You hear noises now coming from the top of the stairs to your west. There’s definitely the sound of orcish voices, a louder voice speaking in common and the crack of several whips. At the top of the steps there is a closed door, the noises seem to be somewhere on the opposite side of that door.

The pink are the bloody swatches of ex-orcs and ex-weasles. This area is lit by torch sconces up high, so I’m going to assume Phanstern has put out his lantern to save fuel. Let me know what everyone wants to do at this point, and please let me know if there are any questions.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (108.9 KiB) Viewed 766 times
[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern OUT (Phanstern) - (122 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#194 Post by Alethan »

OOC: The door at the top of the stairs is closed? Could we not see it before or has it always been closed?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:OOC: The door at the top of the stairs is closed? Could we not see it before or has it always been closed?
It's about another 10' up, and in the darkness, but as far as you know it's always been closed. Now that you are looking up there you can see a little sliver of light coming through the bottom of the door, so you know it has to be a pretty sturdy one.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will continue collecting daggers from dead Orcs, nervously eyeing the area around himself, as if he expects something invisible (and slowed) to jump forward at him.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by Stirling »

Kayen Telva will move to take a defensive position at the foot of the west stairs over the body of fallen orc 08. Should more guards try and come down the stairs, Kayen will ready one of his Javelins of Piercing in an aimed incline to spear the first intruder.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by max_vale »

Ogre grips his sword hilt tightly and shifts his Shield around into a more comfortable position. He scowls at the sounds of whips and Orcish voices; but whispers to his companions; "What's the plan here?" Clearly; he's anxious to go and take care of some more foul, slaving orcs....

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay continues to block any retreat up the ladder. "Find that son of a bitch" she offers to her companions.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#200 Post by Alethan »

Freda informs the rest of the party about the voices and whipping sounds she hears at the door at the top of the ramp.

"Maybe he went through here and he's trying to gather his troops? Should we gather back up and press on?"

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”