Action Thread 9

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 9

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 10:50 a
The Slave Pits

Dredd ties up and gags the alive humans before checking out Mr. Robes. The rings come off easy enough, and though they are plain, they look kinda nice. The robes are of excellent quality.

Let's not forget his bracers, Phanstern urges Dredd. If I need to, I believe I can create an illusion around myself to appear as this fellow, the Merchant, or even the Orc Captain. It might help us escape, or conversely get us close to the Slave Lords.

Eljay watches the doorway while Kayen swings the longsword around a bit. It’s a very nicely made sword, with a very cheery glow. Blodgett off to the side picks up the jaunty hat and examines it. It seems clean so he puts it on his head. He speaks Hey you guys, am I invisible or anything? Did I grow or shrink? None of these things seem to happen. :)

Elwita tests out the axe. It seems of good make as well, though she doesn’t feel anything special about it. The polished piece of agate in the female guard’s pouch, it feels good in your dwarven hand, but nothing happens that she can tell.

Meanwhile the slaves have been freed and are milling about and asking questions about getting out of here and back to families. Ted seems to be helping Arno out of his hand chains, and the guy who took a crossbow bolt, says I can use an axe, and wouldn’t mind getting some retribution on these damn slavers – though beaten worse than other slaves, he seems to be in better condition.

The paralyzed merchant and guard breath on.

PM sent.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Kayen, Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (150 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 9

#2 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern gets that look on his face, the look everyone hates, the one that indicates he's thinking again. He nods toward the Paralyzed pair. I wonder if we can leave this place with these two in tow. We certainly have enough bodies to carry them... And we would have time to glean much more intel from them on our terms. I would hate to have to fight them again upon our return, if the mystics that bind them are dispelled. Visibly, another thought strikes him, and his tone is hushed. However will we get everyone past those hideous Ghouls safely?

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by saalaria »

T - do you want to have Phan take the bracers as Dredd already has AC6 bracers. Dredd can take the robes and the rings until we figure out what they all do

Dredd puts the two rings in one of his many pouches and strips the robes off the man, taking those too.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

If nobody else picks it up, Freda will examine the dagger the robed man was carrying and see if it appears to be of higher quality than one might expect...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Vargr1105 »

ooc: could we have a tally on how much mundane equipment we have at our disposal (armor, weapons, shields, uniforms, clothes, etc) to garb the slaves?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tkrexx »

Saalaria, I didn't realize Dredd had bracers. Phans' dex gives him a pretty good AC, but I'll try them, cuz I imagine the rest of Mr. Robes' stuff is off limits.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Just have a PM out I was checking on. But I can answer some questions for sure:

The dagger looks very nice, but by handling it Freda can tell it's more decorative than functional.

Vargr1105 wrote:ooc: could we have a tally on how much mundane equipment we have at our disposal (armor, weapons, shields, uniforms, clothes, etc) to garb the slaves?
The orcs don't appear to have uniforms, but orcs and humans are all wearing normal clothes under their armor... except for robes guy, who has nothing else on. You'd have to get creative to clothe the now restless and milling about asking questions, slaves.
tkrexx wrote:Saalaria, I didn't realize Dredd had bracers. Phans' dex gives him a pretty good AC, but I'll try them, cuz I imagine the rest of Mr. Robes' stuff is off limits.
Are you putting them on?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tkrexx »

Yes.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Nuke66 »

"Pay attention, we got company, pick the sit up and let's go." Eljay tries to exert some focus to the effort. "Come on, let's move." Eljay waits to post rear guard.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by Alethan »

Freda readies an arrow and helps Eljay keep watch while the others gather what they can.

Unfortunately, I think this module is supposed to be a one-night gig. If we try to leave with the slaves and then come back the next night, we are sure to meet our demise for they will have had a full day to prepare for us. I think we should leave the prisoners here and go after the leaders. Take them out, and the minions will scatter, especially if we lead the way with the boss's head on the end of a spear.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by tkrexx »

I tend to agree with this assessment. No way do we return here, to this spot, with all the HP and spells we have now. Question the slaves, get intel, make a corpse or two of the Slavers, maybe the rest will pack up & head for greener (safer) pastures.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by saalaria »

I agree - let's hit the bosses now!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Which way do you go?
There are 2 doors in this room, as well as two entrances leading out. You just entered in the southern one, and the northern one is where Eljay noted company.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Which way do you go?
There are 2 doors in this room, as well as two entrances leading out. You just entered in the southern one, and the northern one is where Eljay noted company.
Can you repost an image of the room?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by rredmond »

Without the slaves milling about :)
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (156.08 KiB) Viewed 1100 times

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by Alethan »

So the two doors are in the eastern wall, between the stairs?

Freda asks the nearest coherent slave, "What is behind those two doors there? And what do the slave masters look like? Who are they?"

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by saalaria »

A look of dawning comprehension crosses Dredd's often creased brow

"Didn't our erstwhile companion Lul tell us the bosses were along a different branch of the passage that led here? Surely the quickest way would be to retrace our steps and take that option?"

Woohoo 700 posts!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#18 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett pulls his short sword and agrees leave the slaves here, cut off the slavers heads... I'm ready to fight! He looks even less fearsome than before, as he's still wearing his newly-found jaunty cap.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by tkrexx »

Hold, please, Phanstern stares at the pair of paralyzed heathens. Let's find out what they know. You're certain they are bound well, and the "Hero" gagged? They're paralyzed, yes, but they have heard all we've said. They know what we want. If they ever want to eat again, I think they will share their knowlege with us. He is speaking almost completely to the soft-looking merchant. He knows the Fighter is likely far too hard to give in to a threat like this, but the fat one? Prepare. I will release these two from the curse I've put on them...Temporarily. If I don't hear what I want, I will re-issue the stasis and so they will remain until they STARVE!! The tubby Illusionist understands how "starving" can frighten a fat one.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Dwarf Goes to the door, and readies her hammers. and sees what type of company we have.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”