DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

#181 Post by hedgeknight »

"HELP! HELP! THEY'RE CARRYING ME AWAY FOR SACRIFICE! HELP ME, PLEASE!"

Eldarial continues to fight, kick, bite, whatever she has to do, in an attempt to free herself or at least delay her abductors long enough for her companions to get to her.
Winter is coming...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by NJWilliam »

Darvin

Darvin hands his mace to the prisoner grasping at his clothes, points at the nearest beastman, and shouts "Now fight!", as he readies his spear and strikes at the beastman himself.

Bronn

Bronn again smashes at the nearest beastman with his mace.

Crow

Crow looks for a safe way up to the fight.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#183 Post by AQuebman »

DM: My apologies guys last night I attached an old map. I have since updated my post with a nice fresh new map that shows Eldarial being dragged off by beastmen :D

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#184 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfling

The small man continues his efforts to be free! He does his best to utilize his scissors, but a bite or punch will do.

Did B5 drop Fruldrick before charging Bronn, or did he carry the halfling into the melee? If he is holding Fruldrick, can the little haberdasher impede the beast-man to better allow Bronn to smash it? B6 would also then be near Bronn and Darvin, correct? Or was the intent Fruldrick be handed off to B4?

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by MrHemlocks »

Seeing that the elemental is doing it's part in freeing the hostages and destroying the beastmen, Uriel follows the rest of the party up the ziggurat. Being in the back he will attack any creature that is in range or rush to the need of a party member in need of help.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#186 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Round 2

"Somebody give me a boost!" yells Rolfo, pointing up to where he just felled a beastman with a stone. "May not want to watch this, Martha," he mutters. Once he's climbed above, he'll try to trip/hamstring the nearest beastman with his mace. (if he still has an action this round)

OOC: So I'm hoping one of the "big folk" will give Rolfo a kindly heave-ho up...

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#187 Post by AQuebman »

Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfling

The small man continues his efforts to be free! He does his best to utilize his scissors, but a bite or punch will do.

Did B5 drop Fruldrick before charging Bronn, or did he carry the halfling into the melee? If he is holding Fruldrick, can the little haberdasher impede the beast-man to better allow Bronn to smash it? B6 would also then be near Bronn and Darvin, correct? Or was the intent Fruldrick be handed off to B4?
DM: B4 has you not B5 who charged. That was a bad typo on my part at the top of that post my apologies for the error. Basically the beasts with captives are trying to run off but it's slow goings with your fighting back while the others are engaging the party and slowing them down.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by Vargr1105 »

ragnboneshopper wrote:Round 2

"Somebody give me a boost!" yells Rolfo, pointing up to where he just felled a beastman with a stone. "May not want to watch this, Martha," he mutters. Once he's climbed above, he'll try to trip/hamstring the nearest beastman with his mace. (if he still has an action this round)

OOC: So I'm hoping one of the "big folk" will give Rolfo a kindly heave-ho up...

Goratrix, warrior of no repute

"Here."

Moving to the empty suquare between him and Rolfo, Goratrix tries to heave the halfling up the wall.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#189 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative
Round 3
Beastmen Group: 20 (B19 starts Drowning in rnd 3)
BA3: 20
Darvin: 19 <--
Bronn: 18
BA2: 18
Uriel & Water Elemental: 17 (2/6 Rounds of Water Elemental) & (Disapproval: 11)
BA1: 16
Rolfo: 11
Krylina: 10
BS: 10
Goratrix: 7
Eldarial: 4 (Grabbed By B3 & B8)
Nortague: 3
Crow: 2 Went Down in Round 2
Fruldrick: 1 (Grabbed By B4) & (Group Luck Charm)
Freed Prisoners: 0

Darvin hands his mace to the prisoner grasping at his clothes, points at the nearest beastman, and shouts "Now fight!", as he readies his spear and strikes at the beastman himself but the strike is knocked away by the beastman's spear.
[1d20-1] = 9-1 = 8 Darvin Attacks B5

Bronn joins Darvin on the attack but his mind is ever present on Klazath's request which leads to an absolutely pathetic attempt at a strike that doesn't even threaten the beastial foe.
[1d20-6] = 2-6 = -4 Bronn's Attack on B5

Uriel feeling both inspired by the grand elemental Choranus summoned and in a rush to save his friends he rushes to the nearest beastman and cracks the beast with a powerful strike that hammers his foe in its knees which forces out a pained howl as its leg snaps in the wrong direction and falls limply off the side of the ziggurat.

[1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21 Uriel's Attack on B5
[1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4 Uriel's Critical Hit Roll
[1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5 Uriel's Damage on B4

The Elemental continues to another beast creature as they miserably flail against the magical exterior of the water torrent. It again engulfs the beast and pummels it into unconsciousness. It then moves quickly towards the next foe it could find but seems to move awkwardly and nearly falls flat onto the ziggurat. It catches itself and engulfs the beast in water
[1d20+10] = 8+10 = 18 Elemental Attack on B17
[2d6] = 4 Elemental Damage on B17
[1d20+10] = 1+10 = 11 Elemental Attack on B19
[1d4] = 4 Elemental Fumble
[1d20+8] = 6+8 = 14 Water Elemental Fumble Reflex Save

"Somebody give me a boost!" yells Rolfo, pointing up to where he just felled a beastman with a stone. "May not want to watch this, Martha," he mutters. "Here." Goratrix shouts as he moves up to the wall and gives him a boost up it. Rolfo tries to move up quickly and strike the surprised beast but his gear gets hung up on his ascent
[1d3] = 2 Rolfo's Mighty Deed

When Rolfo climbs up the wall he gets a little bit of a glimpse of the top of this ziggurat.
"The peak of the temple is dominated by a vast, smoking pit that glows with a hellish light. A mighty beastman hoists an effigy of a fearsome armored figure high into the swirling clouds as the prisoners are hurled screaming, one after another, into the pit. A trio of snarling beastmen upends woven baskets, pouring thousands of coins in after your fellow villagers, producing gouts of hissing smoke and flame! All about you is the thundering cacophony of drums and bestial howls as the bizarre ritual nears its climax!"

Krylina stares speechless, a rare thing indeed, at the water elemental splurting wet death about the beastman on the ziggurat.

She grabs the mace given her by Darvin, backs away, then snaps out of it. She swings again at one of the rear most beastmen which is currently holding onto Fruldrick. Her attack would surely have landed flush if not for her having to hold back in fear of hitting her companion or the enslaved townsperson
[1d20-2] = 12-2 = 10 Krylina's Attack on B4

A roar and unintelligible chants can be heard across the ziggurat. Rolfo can see the robed beast wielding the effigy speaking in these chants which cause howls and wild roars from all of the beastmen.

"HELP! HELP! THEY'RE CARRYING ME AWAY FOR SACRIFICE! HELP ME, PLEASE!" Eldarial kicks, screams, and bites at the beast and gets away from her first captor but the second beast latches onto her and returns her to the tight combined mighty grasp of him and his companion
[1d20] = 15 Eldaria'ls Strength Check to break free

Nortague finds a loose spear from one of the recently killed beastmen. It is covered in saliva and blood but it should work as a temporary weapon.

Crow with the recently killed beastmen sees an opening to move up to the front and take the attack to the beastmen. He slashes at the beast holding Fruldrick with two quick attacks with short swords but the creature is much more agile then he had anticipated as it quickly jumps back and away from both attacks.
[1d16] = 5[1d16] = 4 Crow's 2 Attacks

Fruldrick fights for his freedom but the beast holds on tight continuing to drag him up the ziggurat.

One of the deformed horrors(B21) moves in and thrusts its spear at Rolfo which the dwarf barely knocks away with his makeshift spear. Adrenaline rushes through his veins as that was entirely too close a call. Another of the beasts(B20) joins in the assault but its attack is easily deflected by the seasoned Rolfo
[1d20] = 10 B20 Attacks Rolfo
[1d20] = 16 B21 Attacks Rolfo

Surprisingly the engulfed beastman is fighting and succeeding at poking it's head out for breaths but has little luck in breaking free from the torrent that holds him within.
[1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 B19 Stamina Check
[1d20] = 5 B19 tries to break from the Elemental

Seeing the futility of fighting with this otherworldly elemental many of the beast men begin to scatter. The first of which sees the dwarf who recently climbed up the ziggurat and heads in his direction but it is quickly met with a mighty watery fist that leaves little left of the monsters face then a smear of blood upon the stone floor.
[1d20+10] = 9+10 = 19 Elemental Attack on B16
[2d6] = 3 Elemental Damage on B16

A few others leave their prisoners near the elemental and rush down towards the party with murder in their eyes. A few noticing the attacker on the upper levels seek to climb up but fail in their attempts to get up the wall.
[1d20] = 5 B11 Climbs up the wall
[1d20] = 9 B10 climbs up

A last few engage with the party wielding their spears with deadly intent. A spear comes in at Krylina but she jumps safely out of the way but right into another spear that skewers her right in the chest. A look of fear and pain cross her face before everything goes black.
[1d20] = 5 B7 Spear attack on Krylina
[1d20] = 19 B6 Spear attack on Krylina
[1d6] = 5 B6 Damage on Krylina

Crow gets caught up with shock and awe watching Krylina get taken down that he never notices the spear coming for him.
[1d20] = 20 B9 Attacks Crow
[1d6-1] = 2-1 = 1 B9 Critical Hit Table Roll on CrowSavage attack! Inflict +1d6 damage with this strike.
[2d6] = 6 B9 Damage on Crow

Now freed up from any foes in combat Fruldricks captor(B4) scurries further up the ziggurat his captives in tow.

DM: Krylina please note the mace on your character sheet from Darvin and Darvin please take it off of yours.

DM2: Unfortunately Uriel's critical hit didn't matter as the damage killed the beast and without another threat within range he couldn't get his second critical hit attack off.

DM3: On the Elemental's fumble, it rolled a 4 but that didn't make sense since it doesn't have a weapon so I started going backwards down the list to find one applicable. It wasn't until I got to 2 that it made sense so I went with that just to let you all know my logic on that.

DM4: I decided if you made your mighty deed roll you'd be able to get your attack off. Unfortunately you rolled a 2 instead of a 3.

DM5: Unfortunately Grognards Krylina paid the price many level 0's do. Go ahead and roll up another there's plenty of prisoners who are free and ready for adventure :D

***DM6: These are the rules for a character bleeding out which pertains to Crow. Even if he dies there is also a roll the body check that is possible but I wanted to make sure you all were aware of this going into this next round of actions.

Bleeding out: There is a chance of saving a dead character by healing him very quickly (such as with a cleric’s ability to lay on hands). A 0-level character that reaches 0 hit points is irrevocably killed, but a 1st-level character that reaches 0 hit points collapses and begins bleeding out. Such a character has 1 round in which he can be healed to prevent his death. If he is healed on the round he’s reduced to 0 hit points or the next round, he is healed per the result of the lay on hands check (treat his hit points as starting at 0). If he is not healed before the second round, he may be permanently killed (see below).

For each level past the first, a character has one more round of bleeding before he is permanently killed. For example, a 3rd-level character can be saved if he is healed within 3 rounds.

A character that was bleeding out but was saved suffers permanent physical trauma from his near-fatal injuries. Anyone who is saved from bleeding out suffers a permanent loss of 1 point of Stamina. In addition, he gains a terrible scar from the wound that downed him.

DM7: It's Darvin's Turn at the start of Round 3

Legend
B# = Beasts
P# = Prisoners
K = Krylina
BR = Bronn
D = Darvin
U = Uriel
R = Rolfo
G = Goratrix
E = Eldarial
C = Crow
F = Fruldrick
N = Norjax
WE = Water Elemental

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by hedgeknight »

Eldarial continues to scream for help and struggle to break free (again) from her captors.
Winter is coming...

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by Grognardsw »

Krylina Vrygina / heaven

So ends my short sad, miserable life - the doomed harlot of Cinton.
My first and hopefully last Str. 5 Dex. 7 rolled hopeless character, who took longer to create then to play. :lol:
Grognardsw wrote:Krylina Vrygina - The Doomed Harlot of Cinton

Occupation: Saucy Tart, occasionally a Cheap Trollop, a Street Walker if things get desperate
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Languages: Common, and the language of love
Drug addict, gets nasty if she goes too long without it.

Level: 0
XP: -100

Crit Die: 1d4

AC: 10
HP: 4

Stats: Stats: STR:5, INT:7, WIS:9, DEX:11, CON:14, CHR:11
Str: 5 (-2)
Agi: 7 (-1)
Sta: 9
Per: 11
Int: 14 (+1)
Luck: 11

Permanent Luck: 9
Lucky roll (Table 1-2) Conceived on horseback, Mounted Attack Rolls (I will refrain from making a joke)

Reflex: 0
Fortitude: 0 (-1)
Will: 0

Movement: 30
Init: -1

Weapons Training
dagger (occupation weapon. 1d4)

Wealth: Current: 40 cp.
Starting - 52 cp [=5 sp, 2cp; .5 gp, 2 cp]

Equipment:
Long hair pins (dagger)
Random starting piece: large sack (#20)
red cloak (starting trade good)
chalk (1 cp)
rations, 2 (10 cp)
torch (1 cp)

On a bad day...
Under drug-induced hallucination
A bad day.jpg
Just say no.On a good day...
On a good day
a good day.gif
[/strike]

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#192 Post by NJWilliam »

Darvin the Red

Darvin watches Crow fall in horror and rushes forward to his dying companion, yelling "BRONN! Crow's down!!!"
Darvin will attack any beastmen that come near Crow, but is primarily concerned with covering Bronn.

Bronn the Acolyte

Bronn follows Darvin up to Crow's body, raises his holy symbol and seizing Crow's wound with his other hand, shouts "By Klazath, I command you to rejoin this battle!" (ooc: Lay on hands)
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#193 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, seeing his attack fell a beastman picks up it's spear and stands his ground. Watching Darvin charge into battle he yells," stop your mad rush man. We need to stand our ground and fight as one."

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#194 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfling

Fruldrick jams his scissors in the beastman's ear, "Let. Me. Go!"

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#195 Post by Vargr1105 »

Goratrix, warrior of no repute

Having lifted Rolfo up the wall, Goratrix attempts to climb up by himself after him. If possible the will try to spear the nearest beastman there on the same round. (mighty deed?)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#196 Post by greyarea »

Virgil, guide

Virgil hears the commotion. Help, he yells as he struggles

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#197 Post by AQuebman »

Vargr1105 wrote:Goratrix, warrior of no repute

Having lifted Rolfo up the wall, Goratrix attempts to climb up by himself after him. If possible the will try to spear the nearest beastman there on the same round. (mighty deed?)
DM: Normally by yourself it will be a DC10 climb check and because of the height/time it would take normally I wouldn't let you attack. As a mighty deed if you roll it i'll let you get the climb with no roll and an attack off in one fell swoop.. Unless you specify otherwise tonight i'll roll your mighty deed and if it fails i'll just try the normal climb check.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Round 3

Rolfo mutters, "See what I was tellin ya, Martha? Gone and done it this time... Agh!" With a dwarvish battle cry, he swings his mace furiously at one beastman while using his shield to bash at the other holding the prisoner, hoping to force the beastman to drop the poor soul in order to defend itself... (mighty deed)

OOC: Thanks for the boost, Vargr! Trying to cover your ascent... fierce battle! :shock: Happy climbing! :D

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Norjax »

Nortague, Halfling

Spear in hand, Nortague makes his way up the ramp to assist the forward members of the part.

OCC: If he finds another spear along the route, Nortague will carry a spear in each hand until there is a combat engagement. He will then drop one of the spears.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#200 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative
Round 3
Beastmen Group: 20 (B19 starts Drowning in rnd 3)
BA3: 20
Darvin: 19
Bronn: 18
BA2: 18
Uriel & Water Elemental: 17 (3/6 Rounds of Water Elemental) & (Disapproval: 11)
BA1: 16
Bronwyn: 15 **<---**
Biblo: 12
Rolfo: 11
BS: 10
Virgil: 9
Goratrix: 7
Scarlett: 5
Eldarial: 4 (Grabbed By B3 & B8)
Nortague: 3
Crow: 2 Went Down in Round 2
Fruldrick: 1 (Grabbed By B4) & (Group Luck Charm)
Freed Prisoners: 0

Darvin rushes in to cover Bronn swinging his mace at the howling beast standing over him in an effort to back the creature off. The swing with his mace does little else as the slobbering monster bats the club away with ease.
[1d20-1] = 6-1 = 5 Darvin's attack on B6

DM: [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5 Scarletts Init
[1d20-1] = 10-1 = 9 Virgils Init
[1d20] = 12 Biblo's Init
[1d20] = 15 Bronwyns init

Bronn follows Darvin up to Crow's body, raises his holy symbol and seizing Crow's wound with his other hand, shouts "By Klazath, I command you to rejoin this battle!" As Bronn shouts he feels a small sense of shame as the image of the Blacksmith's hammer pops into his head yet again and he knows Klazath has denied him use of his divine power.
DM: Bronn's Disapproval goes up to 1-2 for the day
[1d20-1] = 5-1 = 4 Bronn's Lay on Hands of Crow

Uriel, seeing his attack fell a beastman picks up it's spear and stands his ground. Watching Darvin charge into battle he yells,"Stop your mad rush man. We need to stand our ground and fight as one."
DM: Please note the spear on your character sheet.

While Uriel is cautious and tries to regroup his companions his gift from Choranus keeps doing the heavy lifting. The torrent engulfing a beast creature flares to life spinning the beast faster and faster before slamming it into the solid ground snapping it's neck. It then moves quickly down the ramp to the next beast threat and pummels it into unconsciousness with a giant tidal wave.
[1d20+10] = 15+10 = 25 Water Elemental Attacks B19
[2d6] = 5 Water Elemental Damage on B19
[1d20+10] = 4+10 = 14 Water Elemental Attacks B10
[2d6] = 8 Water Elemental Damage on B10

Legend
B# = Beasts
P# = Prisoners
V = Virgil
S = Scarlett
BP = Biblo Phyle
BR = Bronn
BRS = Bronwyn
D = Darvin
U = Uriel
R = Rolfo
G = Goratrix
E = Eldarial
C = Crow
F = Fruldrick
N = Norjax
WE = Water Elemental

DM: Bronwyn it is your turn. You are among a group of bewildered and soaking wet prisoners. You just broke free from your bonds as you see this giant water knight slaughtering beasts one by one freeing fellow prisoners.

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”