DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Sailors on the Starless Sea(Continued)

#2 Post by hedgeknight »

Eldarial initiative: [1d20] = 3

Eldarial staggers back from the water's edge when the tentacle erupts from the water and grabs her companion. "Gods! What are we gonna do?"
She grips her spear tightly, looking around at the others for support.
Winter is coming...

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Vargr1105 »

Goratrix Initiative: [1d20] = 16

In answer to Eldarial's lamentation Goratrix shouts "We help them, woman!". He moves to a vantage point and lobs his spear.

Goratrix to hit w/ thrown spear: [1d20] = 14, Damage: [1d8] = 5

ooc: Goratrix isn't aiming at the tentacles. He is sending the spear in a parabolic trajectory, hoping it hits the bulk of the creature that no doubt lies under the water surface on its descent.

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Burt, Heltel, and Rolfo Initiative:

Can't get the dice roller to work (the one time I got it to go through I got an actual roll of zero on a d20, ha ha), so if you want to add the rolls later on that's fine with me, Aquebman...

Burt squirms in silent terror and attempts to jam his spear into the sea monster's tentacle just below where it has grabbed him. Burt spear attack: [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3; damage: [1d8-1] = 7-1 = 6

If possible, Heltel climbs within reach of the tentacle holding Burt and batters the thing with his mace. If he cannot reach the tentacle, then he climbs the rest of the way up onto the ship and casts about for any resources that might aid in killing the sea creature: spears, javelins, other sharp objects, possibly friendly beings... Heltel Attack Roll, Mace: [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9; Damage: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

Rolfo looks about for a rock to throw at the tentacled beast and wades out into the water, up to his knees. He aims the rock at the center of the spot in the water where he guesses the tentacles must come together to join the body. "AGH! Let go of 'im ya old sea hag!" Rolfo, improvised missile: [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3; damage [1d4] = 4

Edit: Added attack rolls, if you can call them that... :roll:
Last edited by ragnboneshopper on Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by MrHemlocks »

Swimming out toward the beast Uriel comes to the rescue. It will take 2 rounds to reach the fight?

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Swimming out toward the beast Uriel comes to the rescue. It will take 2 rounds to reach the fight?
DM: If you take one full turn of swimming you will be able to attack. There are several tentacles coming up out of the water

In the mean time I am going to push this forward tomorrow night. Remember if you don't have your init in you will effectively be gone for the fight. Below I have listed the init's I have so far and those im missing(I went ahead and rolled Burt, Heltel, & Rolfo's since you had dice roller problems:

Ragnar - Still Need
Tilmar - Still Need
Mugbert - Still Need
Filmarth - Still Need

Goratrix - 16
Burt,Heltel,Rolfo - 14
[1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14 Burt, Rolfo, & Heltel Init
Aengus,Bronn,Crow,Darvin - 8
Uriel - 6
Fruldrick -4
Eldarial - 3

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, seeing real danger if confronting the monster head on has a new plan of action. He swims out toward the boat but goes the long way and tries to reach the back of the boat where the monster can not see him. Than he will climb the boat and attack from a steady platform. Securing his gear Uriels runs into the water."God, help me reach the other side safely and protect the others from the monters attacks."

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v ... nld-home-s

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick the Haberdasher

Having no weapons, Fruldrick looks for a rock to throw.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative:
Goratrix - 16
Burt,Heltel,Rolfo - 14
CL: 12
Uriel - 6
Fruldrick -4
Eldarial - 3
Vargr1105 wrote:Goratrix Initiative: [1d20] = 16

In answer to Eldarial's lamentation Goratrix shouts "We help them, woman!". He moves to a vantage point and lobs his spear.

Goratrix to hit w/ thrown spear: [1d20] = 14, Damage: [1d8] = 5

ooc: Goratrix isn't aiming at the tentacles. He is sending the spear in a parabolic trajectory, hoping it hits the bulk of the creature that no doubt lies under the water surface on its descent.
Goratrix throws his spear into the water as hard as he can and waits for a reaction from the creature but much to his chagrin he sees none.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative:
Goratrix - 16
Burt,Heltel,Rolfo - 14
Uriel - 6
Fruldrick -4
Eldarial - 3
ragnboneshopper wrote:Burt, Heltel, and Rolfo Initiative:

Can't get the dice roller to work (the one time I got it to go through I got an actual roll of zero on a d20, ha ha), so if you want to add the rolls later on that's fine with me, Aquebman...

Burt squirms in silent terror and attempts to jam his spear into the sea monster's tentacle just below where it has grabbed him. Burt spear attack: [1d20-1] = 4-1 = 3; damage: [1d8-1] = 7-1 = 6

If possible, Heltel climbs within reach of the tentacle holding Burt and batters the thing with his mace. If he cannot reach the tentacle, then he climbs the rest of the way up onto the ship and casts about for any resources that might aid in killing the sea creature: spears, javelins, other sharp objects, possibly friendly beings... Heltel Attack Roll, Mace: [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9; Damage: [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

Rolfo looks about for a rock to throw at the tentacled beast and wades out into the water, up to his knees. He aims the rock at the center of the spot in the water where he guesses the tentacles must come together to join the body. "AGH! Let go of 'im ya old sea hag!" Rolfo, improvised missile: [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3; damage [1d4] = 4

Edit: Added attack rolls, if you can call them that... :roll:
Burt squirms in silent terror and attempts to jam his spear into the sea monster's tentacle but he is held so tightly he is unable to get any sort of attack off. He can feel the tentacle pulling him into the water and the realization that he must either break free or die comes racing through his mind
DM: Need a Strength Check from Burt

Heltel swims as fast as he can and reaches the ship. He only finds oars on the ship otherwise it is rather barren. DM: If you wish to attempt to sacrifice something 'living' i'll need to know what and how your going about it. You could also sacrifice something else or use the oars to fight.

Rolfo chucks a rock into the water. The rock doesn't come anywhere close to the tentacles as they continue to flail wildly.

OOC: I'll wait on Burt's Roll before we continue

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by NJWilliam »

Bronn attacks the creature with his sling: Attack with sling: to hit [1d20] = 12; damage [1d4] = 1

Aengus yells to Crow and Darvin, "Help me find something he can sling that might hurt that tentacled monster!" And the three of them look around the shoreline for something that looks slingable and deadly.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by ragnboneshopper »

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel coninues his swim to get to the back side of the boat and climb up it...unnoticed by the monster.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel coninues his swim to get to the back side of the boat and climb up it...unnoticed by the monster.
DM: Uriel, Roll me a d10 stealth check. I can't imagine stealth is a common skill for beekeepers. :lol:

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by MrHemlocks »

AQuebman wrote:
MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel coninues his swim to get to the back side of the boat and climb up it...unnoticed by the monster.
DM: Uriel, Roll me a d10 stealth check. I can't imagine stealth is a common skill for beekeepers. :lol:

[1d10] = 3 Uriel, feels that his swimming is not all that quite but continues around toward the back of the boat. Once there he will climb up and face the beast of a sturdy platform.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative:
Goratrix - 16
Burt,Heltel,Rolfo - 14
Uriel - 6
Fruldrick -4
Burt struggles with all his might to break free but the massive tentacled beast proved to be much too fierce. He is drug under the water and the last thing he sees is an enormous beast covered by thousands of thickly
hooded eyes and slack jaws before he is torn to shreds. The blood fills the water and rises to the surface.
[1d8+2] = 3+2 = 5 damage on burt

While Heltel is busy looking about the ship a tentacle juts out and wraps itself around his body and begins to yank him off of the ship
[1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24 Attack on Heltel

Simultaneously Uriel hoping he wasn't seen has a tentacle wrap tightly around his body and begin to drag him down to the water below.
[1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14 Attack on Uriel

Bronn attacks the creature with his sling: Attack with sling: to hit [1d20] = 12; damage [1d4] = 1
but the rock goes skipping across the water and sinks into the depths.

Aengus yells to Crow and Darvin, "Help me find something he can sling that might hurt that tentacled monster!" And the three of them look around the shoreline for something that looks slingable and deadly but all they find are simple rocks.

DM: I need Strength Check's from both Heltel & Uriel. Next up is Uriel and Fruldrick. Unfortunately Hedgeknight had to bow out of the game so Eldarial will be going into the pool for a future player to use.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfling Haberdasher

Refusing to simply watch, Fruldrick grabs the small stones and hurls them at the water-beast.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by AQuebman »

Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfling Haberdasher

Refusing to simply watch, Fruldrick grabs the small stones and hurls them at the water-beast.

DM: Any Attack Rolls? Also are you aiming for a tentacle grabbing a party member or a free tentacle?

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by NJWilliam »

Bronn slings again at the tentacled monster, aiming at whatever looks easiest to hit: Attack with sling: to hit [1d20] = 5; damage [1d4] = 1

Aengus stops searching for slinging stuff on the shore and looks at the menhir to see if it would reach the tentacled beast if it were toppled over in its direction. He then looks at the menhir and surrounding beach for some way that it might possibly be toppled.

Crow and Darvin continue looking for better slinging ammo for Bronn.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, tries to strongarm his way free of the monster grasp. [1d20+1] = 6+1 = 7 (Are we allowed to burn Luck?)

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”